Options

people on this forum making fun of peoples grammer

Comments

• Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    webbym wrote: »
    my grammar and spelling is very bad and often have people moan or nit pick at it at the end of the day i could not give a rats arse if its bad and you don't like it well don't read it or even block me.

I really don't think most FMs mind if your grammar and spelling are not perfect, and we all make mistakes. Doing it as an affectation is bloody annoying, and making such a song and dance about it as well..... Yours is quite undertandable even though you're right, it's a wee bit crap:D
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, instead of moaning and complaining to DS, why don't you actually pay attention to what these people are saying about your grammar? Surely you must want to improve rather than continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.
  • Options
    36_Chambers36_Chambers Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is this the only rule of the forum so many people happily break.

Why cant you just stick to the rules?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I did a thread yesterday, and about 3 people pulled me up over my grammer. I am sick of it, it happens a lot on here, I see many people doing it. I do beleive its against forum rules, so next time anyone does it, im gonna alert DS. I think it is so snotty and rude of people, just leave us to make our threads and stop making us feel like we are writing an English essay. 'angry face smily'

Grammar isn't such a problem for me, but spelling is.

p.s. you have 4 spelling mistakes ^^
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is this the only rule of the forum so many people happily break.

Why cant you just stick to the rules?
    Ts&Cs wrote:
    2.9.These Discussion Forum rules have been put in place to help ensure that the Discussion Forum is a welcoming and useful resource for everyone that participates. These rules outline what is deemed unacceptable behaviour and it is important to read them carefully.

Do not post libellous or defamatory comments
    Do not post anything relating to any ongoing or pending trial
    Do not post content which you have copied from someone else (i.e. you do not own the copyright)
    Do not use profanities
    Do not post a personal insult about another user
    Do not advertise or solicit
    Do not impersonate another user
    Unless I missed the line which says "do nott crittisize my spelin coz it rude" I'm not sure to which rule you're referring.
  • Options
    FlufanFlufan Posts: 2,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treme wrote: »
    Including the word.....Weird :p

Oh well, I thought somebody might see it. :D

I did, but then noticed that TerraCanis's post, to which you were replying, started with the word "weirdly", so I thought you'd missed the point!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UKMikey wrote: »
    Unless I missed the line which says "do nott crittisize my spelin coz it rude" I'm not sure to which rule you're referring.

Commenting on spelling/grammar
    Unconstructive posts commenting on the spelling and/or grammar of another user's post will not be tolerated. We ask that users make the effort to communicate clearly and, so long as posts are understandable, there should be no problem.

I guess you did miss it yes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Unconstructive posts commenting on the spelling and/or grammar of another user's post will not be tolerated. We ask that users make the effort to communicate clearly and, so long as posts are understandable, there should be no problem.

You don't think the deliberate mis-spelling of obvious words falls into the definition of trolling, then? Obviously you're fine with re-registering accounts:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you understand the difference between constructive and unconstructive criticism?
  • Options
    chebbychebby Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helping people to correct their mistakes is obviously constructive, although not always welcome.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you understand the difference between constructive and unconstructive criticism?

I wouldnt say 99% of the people pointing out mistakes are being helpful, they're being a smart arse.

I think you know this. But i guess its up for a pretend 'debate'
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Since the OP is affecting a silly 'cute' persona with near enough unintelligible grammar and spelling then the other FM's point still stands. But then you know that don't you? Being of the same mindset so to speak.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt say 99% of the people pointing out mistakes are being helpful, they're being a smart arse.

I think you know this. But i guess its up for a pretend 'debate'
    Would you say that calling them a smart arse was within the rules?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    my grammar and spelling is very bad and often have people moan or nit pick at it at the end of the day i could not give a rats arse if its bad and you don't like it well don't read it or even block me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You already said that.

I don't think anyone has complained about your posts on this thread. I think their criticism is reserved for people like the OP who appear to be trying to present themselves as being above criticism.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would you say that calling them a smart arse was within the rules?

I would say its within the rules, Im not refering to anyone one forum member, the just most of them in general.

But my mouth is a different subject, lets stay on topic eh :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Voynich wrote: »
    Since the OP is affecting a silly 'cute' persona with near enough unintelligible grammar and spelling then that point and that other FM's point still stand. But then you know that don't you? Being of the same mindset so to speak.

It's a curious thing about trolls, they always stand up for each other, and make negative points about normal users. Its a part of what defines them as trolls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »
    Since the OP is affecting a silly 'cute' persona with near enough unintelligible grammar and spelling then the other FM's point still stands. But then you know that don't you? Being of the same mindset so to speak.

Funny that nobody struggled to understand him though.

If you dont like it, why are you here talking about it?
  • Options
    SurferfishSurferfish Posts: 7,659
    Forum Member

You also have a rather annoying habit of repeating yourself.

Or am I experiencing deja-vu? :confused:
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate people making fun of my grammar.

She's been dead for years.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Likewise, we could ask you why you feel the need to defend an obvious troll.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    Likewise, we could ask you why you feel the need to defend an obvious troll.

I couldnt careless about the OP, or if he is trolling.

People always comment on my grammer, So Im in the right thread to discuss it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I couldnt careless about the OP, or if he is trolling.

People always comment on my grammer, So Im in the right thread to discuss it.

Oh, OK, I hadn't noticed yours to be bad enough to warrant criticism, or noticed anybody else doing it. I've noticed them have a pop about your subject choice. Which is a fair cop, I'd say.
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't care about spelling or grammar as everyone messes up now and again. I'm just commenting on trolling. Let's face it, the OP is probably pissed that her other thread was barely noticed so this is just another "look at meeeee!" attempt.
This discussion has been closed.