It must be horrible being in that house with Gina...

Comments

• DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missfrizzy wrote: »
    I don't hate her, but I'm not blind either. Just because you chose to close your eyes to her obvious faults, don't expect everyone else to.

Gina has had a big fallout with just about all of the girls in there, she had a fight with Sallie right at the start, then she accused Jemima of being a racist. Then she couldn't get on with Jackie because she wouldnt give the spoilt brat her bed (due to a broken arm), then it was Hazel and some horrible fights followed.
    Now its Charlie's turn because she had the nerve to praise Hazel against queen Gina's wishes.
    Wake up, she's a nasty piece of work.

Yes, you are spot on missfrizzy, Gina is a nasty piece of work, like you have said she has fallen out with just about every girl in the house and the only person that she does actually get on with out of the girls and that is Sophie but then that is because she kisses her ass all the time and is just so snide and sneaky how she tells tales on both Hazel and Charlie all the time that she is like Ginas little lap dog. Gina was even s'pose to have said the other day that Sophie could be her maid when they leave and the twins her gardeners! How pathetic is that?

I agree that the other hms are to frightened to nominate Gina and Gina is so sly when she thought that Sam might nominate her this week she told him that he was her favourite, how laughable is that? Gina is just so sly and manipulative and we all saw this last week with the way she was with Hazel and the nasty names that she called her. Now we are seeing the same with Charlie. How dare Charlie talk nicely about Hazel and give her compliments, Gina could not stand Charlie saying that Hazel would be a successful star in America and also a good singer and Gina was absolutely gutted. I cannot believe how Dexter listened to the way that Gina run Charlie down without saying a thing to her, it shows that he does not really care about Charlie and that even he is scared of Gina too!

The rest of the housemates are like sheep in the house around Gina, apart from Charlie now and it is just so tedious and boring!
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Gina entered the house, I took a dislike to her. I then began to warm to her & liked her more humane side. She even became my favourite HM! But recently all she has shown is the humane persona I so liked, is merely an act to gain votes. The true Gina is exactly who I thought she was when she walked down those stairs; she's arrogant, 'nasty inside' (to use her term), spoilt & deeply insecure.

If Gina had kept up her more humble act, she would have run away with the BB title. Now all she'll achieve is people knowing what a truly unpleasant person she is.
  • Panda EyesPanda Eyes Posts: 4,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet when it came to condemning Daley for cheating on his girlfriend, something that Gina claims to be beyond the pale, she expressed her disapproval in very low key terms.
    She screwed up her face and told him it wasn't cool in quite a respectful way. Given her rhetoric she should have let him have both barrels as she does with the women,

Absolutely! It was something I had noted myself. I wouldn't be surprised if they become quite pally (if they aren't already!) on the outside....they have a mutual dislike of that 'fallen woman' Hazel to bond them.

Girl code, my arse!
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Gina was nominated by most of the house for weeks on end. They patently didn't like her then for the dramas she caused and the lack of effort she made around the house or getting to know them. But we saw her as the underdog, keeping it real, not being false with people she didnt like, and the SH saw her popularity soar as she got to be the voice of the people. Gina the 'spoiled lazy rich bitch' is actually one of us. And look how lovely her relationship is with Dexter, who we also like. That relationship doubled both of their capital.

Then there was a change. As the other house Alphas - Dan, Jackie - were eliminated and Gina's popularity outside became known, her power base grew. The HMs started letting her in, she softened with them, all the while increasingly playing 'up to herself' in diary room chats, to the camera, and by deliberately exaggerating things she thought we liked such as being the only HM to sit there sour-faced and sarcastic when something funny happened. At that point, I started thinking "calm it down Gina. You're becoming a caricature of yourself. Don't blow it being phoney."

When Callum left, the focus fell firmly on Gina and Hazel. Cue spectacular fall from grace. It's been a disastrous 2 weeks for Gina. Hazel knew she was going, had had enough and was going out with a bang. She dared to take on Queen Gina who was by now, very comfortably top dog. No nominations, public support, friends with most of them. Hazel's part laissez-faire, part warrior attitude trained Gina's sights obsessively onto Hazel and she hasn't let up even with Hazel gone, now seeing any positive discussion or support for Hazel as an affront to her. How dare that **** challenge me with her vulgarity, and how dare you like her in my vicinity.

I don't believe the twins or Charlie like her at all but are too cowardly to show it. Even for her allies, it's an intimidating situation because she's extremely volatile, and very capable of issuing a disapproving judgement of them for a minor infraction in a heartbeat.

I called Gina intimidating long ago, back when I liked her. Even before Judi James said it. My reasons then are the same now:
      To cross Gina means getting an earful. At best, she'll say something you don't want to hear, delivered matter of factly, bluntly, and without much empathy. At worst, she'll swear at you, call you names, and be uninterested in revolving the conflict since her strong opinion of herself means she doesn't really care what you think of her. She'll do all this coldly and often while smiling or faux laughing. Anyone who's crossed the mean popular girl at school has seen this before. If you're very unlucky because you're the only one irritating her, which is rare, she'll be relentless in her dismissal of you, publicly and privately.
      She'll bitch about you to other HMs. Not a problem when she was unpopular. Very uncomfortable now she's the most powerful and can go from person to person. She may do this openly, making snide comments within earshot. You can't respond without having a huge row. She will also - unknown to you but probably easy to guess since they've shown clips of her - decimate you in the diary room. And her fans will laugh when she calls you a cocksucker, skank, hobbit, wrestler, shopgirl, etc.
      You risk earning disapproval from outside. HMs have heard the chants, they've seen the poll, they know that it may see them off. And sadly, it really could because everyone who's crossed Gina on here has earned the fans' wrath. As I said yesterday, if she slaps your face, they'll say you walked into it on purpose, to make her look bad. Or they'll just say you deserved it.

These are all reasons why I'd hate to be stuck in there with Gina at this point in the game.
  • Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic post Scarlett O'Hara. Completely right.

Can't believe I once thought Gina warm and charming; she's far from it. I sometimes feel she thinks that that is her house. All those dreadful people in her house! No wonder she got so ticked off at Hazel. How rude! Out staying her welcome and not following Gina' s house rules, the top one being to fawn around her and believe the ridiculous hype.
  • dellydelly Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miranda123 wrote: »
    Its strange then the only Charlie nommed her. They all love Gina in the house, and so do we

GINA IS IN THE FINAL!!!

It is rather wierd that the HM's like her isn't it? I wonder why that is? Maybe because they spend more time with her than we actually do?

Gina or Sam to win:D
  • kate03kate03 Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic post Scarlett O'Hara. Completely right.

Can't believe I once thought Gina warm and charming; she's far from it. I sometimes feel she thinks that that is her house. All those dreadful people in her house! No wonder she got so ticked off at Hazel. How rude! Out staying her welcome and not following Gina' s house rules, the top one being to fawn around her and believe the ridiculous hype.

She really does think it's her house, doesn't she?

Echo your thoughts too about Scarlett's post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delly wrote: »
    It is rather wierd that the HM's like her isn't it? I wonder why that is? Maybe because they spend more time with her than we actually do?

Oh her faves have no problem with her. She ensures they get a nice time of it, but hell mend those that cross her or whom she disapproves of, and that's where you get the clype Sophie assisting her and Dexter backing her up. She's nothing but a classic schoolyard mean girl bully.
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    ...on the contrary she seems like fun with down to earth common sense.
  • amiableamiable Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    I can’t imagine Gina having friends in the outside world. She says on the outside she will see Sophie, Dexter etc but I really thing she is naturally suited to being alone like she did in the first week. She has her boyfriend but that’s about it on the outside relationship wise.
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    They stopped nominating her when they found out she was favourite. A lot has changed since then though. Don't think she isn't getting put up because they like her, that isn't the case.
    Don't agree with that. I imagine they know she's not going anywhere anyway so why risk facing the wrath of the viewers for nothing. Besides if they were to be up against her this week they'd be sure to go. Nah, best if they just pretend to like her and tolerate her unkind ramblings...as they are.

Both of the above are correct. I find the threads celebrating Gina's 'friendships' in the house quite puzzling. Even her sycophant Sophie is clearly uncomfortable at the spite pouring out of Gina a lot of the time and rather than agreeing with Gina just smiles and continues doing Gina's hair, nails, make-up etc. For those of us who have had the misfortune of being the subject of bullying, this is an all too familiar sight - the 'minions' bowing to their leader. Dexter's guity of this too, which is disappointing.
    Yet when it came to condemning Daley for cheating on his girlfriend, something that Gina claims to be beyond the pale, she expressed her disapproval in very low key terms.
    She screwed up her face and told him it wasn't cool in quite a respectful way. Given her rhetoric she should have let him have both barrels as she does with the women,

This is, apparently, a woman who's going to be ecstatic at her boyfriend's lyrical genius when she hears about how much she wants to 'ride it'. Double standard overload, eh?
    Quite, she is a sad and weak individual, in her sad little world men can do no wrong - or if they do it is solely the fault of a woman who made them do wrong. :yawn:

She worships and abides by every word from b/f and sadly thinks every woman's total worth is being married :rolleyes: the comment regarding Hazel as to what type of man would marry her and deducing that Charlie should be married by now.

Bull crap about this 'girl code', she doesn't like females, she feels threatened - the only reason she continues to have disposable Sophie attached to her arse is to do her bidding and someone to listen to her never ending bitching,

I'm so glad to see the more thoughtful posts about Gina in the last couple of weeks. Gina is a deeply unpleasant young woman; the kind of woman I'd be at pains to avoid at all costs.
    Gina was nominated by most of the house for weeks on end. They patently didn't like her then for the dramas she caused and the lack of effort she made around the house or getting to know them. But we saw her as the underdog, keeping it real, not being false with people she didnt like, and the SH saw her popularity soar as she got to be the voice of the people. Gina the 'spoiled lazy rich bitch' is actually one of us. And look how lovely her relationship is with Dexter, who we also like. That relationship doubled both of their capital.

Then there was a change. As the other house Alphas - Dan, Jackie - were eliminated and Gina's popularity outside became known, her power base grew. The HMs started letting her in, she softened with them, all the while increasingly playing 'up to herself' in diary room chats, to the camera, and by deliberately exaggerating things she thought we liked such as being the only HM to sit there sour-faced and sarcastic when something funny happened. At that point, I started thinking "calm it down Gina. You're becoming a caricature of yourself. Don't blow it being phoney."

When Callum left, the focus fell firmly on Gina and Hazel. Cue spectacular fall from grace. It's been a disastrous 2 weeks for Gina. Hazel knew she was going, had had enough and was going out with a bang. She dared to take on Queen Gina who was by now, very comfortably top dog. No nominations, public support, friends with most of them. Hazel's part laissez-faire, part warrior attitude trained Gina's sights obsessively onto Hazel and she hasn't let up even with Hazel gone, now seeing any positive discussion or support for Hazel as an affront to her. How dare that **** challenge me with her vulgarity, and how dare you like her in my vicinity.

I don't believe the twins or Charlie like her at all but are too cowardly to show it. Even for her allies, it's an intimidating situation because she's extremely volatile, and very capable of issuing a disapproving judgement of them for a minor infraction in a heartbeat.

I called Gina intimidating long ago, back when I liked her. Even before Judi James said it. My reasons then are the same now:
      To cross Gina means getting an earful. At best, she'll say something you don't want to hear, delivered matter of factly, bluntly, and without much empathy. At worst, she'll swear at you, call you names, and be uninterested in revolving the conflict since her strong opinion of herself means she doesn't really care what you think of her. She'll do all this coldly and often while smiling or faux laughing. Anyone who's crossed the mean popular girl at school has seen this before. If you're very unlucky because you're the only one irritating her, which is rare, she'll be relentless in her dismissal of you, publicly and privately.
      She'll bitch about you to other HMs. Not a problem when she was unpopular. Very uncomfortable now she's the most powerful and can go from person to person. She may do this openly, making snide comments within earshot. You can't respond without having a huge row. She will also - unknown to you but probably easy to guess since they've shown clips of her - decimate you in the diary room. And her fans will laugh when she calls you a cocksucker, skank, hobbit, wrestler, shopgirl, etc.
      You risk earning disapproval from outside. HMs have heard the chants, they've seen the poll, they know that it may see them off. And sadly, it really could because everyone who's crossed Gina on here has earned the fans' wrath. As I said yesterday, if she slaps your face, they'll say you walked into it on purpose, to make her look bad. Or they'll just say you deserved it.

These are all reasons why I'd hate to be stuck in there with Gina at this point in the game.

Exceptionally good post Scarlett. More or less everything most of us who haven't championed the Queen Bee have been saying for weeks nicely rolled into one eloquent post. Well said. :)
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    They want to make the final now. So everyone is being conservative. Plus I feel they are just giving Gina enough rope to do the rest.

As another FM posted on another thread.......about Dexter giving Gina even more drink to loosen her tongue more......she will do the rest for herself......
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was, I'm sure she would be getting loads of nominations - not 0, 1 then 1.

No one in that house dares stand up to her! I really don't think any of them are brave enough to nom her in case she turns on them next... only Charlie and Hazel so far have been foolish enough to cross her. Imo - she's a fairly nasty piece of work.... unless it's all an act.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    No one in that house dares stand up to her! I really don't think any of them are brave enough to nom her in case she turns on them next... only Charlie and Hazel so far have been foolish enough to cross her. Imo - she's a fairly nasty piece of work.... unless it's all an act.

No the act is when she's inviting all her best friends to take them shopping or to stay with her at the Savoy......or is it The Mayfair? Sorry I've lost track. ;)
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both of the above are correct. I find the threads celebrating Gina's 'friendships' in the house quite puzzling. Even her sycophant Sophie is clearly uncomfortable at the spite pouring out of Gina a lot of the time and rather than agreeing with Gina just smiles and continues doing Gina's hair, nails, make-up etc. For those of us who have had the misfortune of being the subject of bullying, this is an all too familiar sight - the 'minions' bowing to their leader. Dexter's guity of this too, which is disappointing.

This is, apparently, a woman who's going to be ecstatic at her boyfriend's lyrical genius when she hears about how much she wants to 'ride it'. Double standard overload, eh?

I'm so glad to see the more thoughtful posts about Gina in the last couple of weeks. Gina is a deeply unpleasant young woman; the kind of woman I'd be at pains to avoid at all costs.

Exceptionally good post Scarlett. More or less everything most of us who haven't championed the Queen Bee have been saying for weeks nicely rolled into one eloquent post. Well said. :)
    Agree with all you six have said :) it's nice that some can see right through Gina as at times it feels like I'm on a gina fan forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    missfrizzy wrote: »
    ....waiting to see if you will be her next target, walking on eggshells in case you upset her. She is such a vicious little cat.
    Look at the way she had a fight with Sallie right at the begining. Then she accused Jemima of being racist. Then she started on Hazel. I've noticed that if you don't suck up to Gina (like Sophie is doing) then you will become her next hate figure.
    She must make a terrible atmosphere in that house. Dexter kept hiding his face the other night when she said some of the most horrible things to Hazel, and tonight he was scared to say anything when she was having a go about Charlie in case she started on him next.

Gina is a real piece of work - and not in a good way. I really wouldn't like to see her win this.:(

I disagree. As much as I did not like Hazel,she stood up for herself and I think she made Gina look stupid. Charlie has no backbone against anyone. Gina would not try and argue with anyone else.

The public like her hence her being in the final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Jones wrote: »
    I disagree. As much as I did not like Hazel,she stood up for herself and I think she made Gina look stupid. Charlie has no backbone against anyone. Gina would not try and argue with anyone else.

It's nothing to do with the public. She's escaped being up for eviction the past couple of weeks. Therefore she hasn't yet been tested by the public.
  • yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    They mustn't hate living with her that much seeing as they haven't nominated her in ages and most (even past housemates) have openly said they like her.

If you hate her that's fine, but don't create false feelings from other housemates just to make them seem they are being "victimized"

Also by saying all the other house are "too scared" to say anything to her is just stupid. If anything they are too scared because they think she is the favorite so they dont want the public to hate them.

Ridiculous .. all of it. Sorry but your argument sounds skewed and quite mixed up ?!?!?!
  • kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    delly wrote: »

Maybe because they are scared to be in the firing line next with her and are trying to please her fans too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member

Agreed, in a nutshell as they say!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D
  • kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    Mrs Jones wrote: »

Good on Hazel for not letting Gina push her around. Gina is trying to bring out the worst in people. Dexter was accused of it with Callum but girls seem to get away with it more than guys do.
  • yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    And as for them not nominating her, well, I'd say that's down to the fact they know she's popular on the outside. They're not stupid - they aren't going to cross the favourite, .

I've never really understood this. How is it then, that Dex has survived, what, seven evictions but still they nominate him? How do the know Gina is favourite anyway? They don't for sure.

Why she's getting no noms? Beat's me :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    oulandy wrote: »
    Starting on Charlie in such a vicious manner was shocking. Tearing her apart and taunting her about where she is at her age etc. A bully will bully. That particular episode was the very essence of picking on someone for a bout of self-indulgent bullying: she knew that Charlie wouldn't fight back with equivalent aggression or insults. What a nasty piece of work.

Agreed. I just watched last night's episode and found Gina to be really horrid. She was be-littling Charlie in front of everyone else, whilst all the time saying things like 'of course I like you', I'm not saying this in a bad way' when she blatantly was. Dexter, for all his 'love' for Charlie didn't stand up for her once! he listened to Gina's tirade in the kitchen and could have easily said something, even in a light hearted way and said nothing. Gina probably believes that her nasty ways are winning her fans and Dexter is just after his shomance to keep him in front of the camera. Charlie is being used by both of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yogacats wrote: »
    How is it then, that Dex has survived, what, seven evictions but still they nominate him?
    Amongst the reasons, I'd suggest that in general the housemates this year haven't got a grip of nominations tactics at all.
    I'd except Dexter from that, but he's not really been in a position to influence results most of the time.
  • Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yogacats wrote: »
    I've never really understood this. How is it then, that Dex has survived, what, seven evictions but still they nominate him? How do the know Gina is favourite anyway? They don't for sure.

Why she's getting no noms? Beat's me :confused:

I don't think it's a coincidence that they stopped nominating her and sat awkwardly tolerating her unkind ramblings about others as more clues to public opinion was fed into the house. Being voted to the SH, Gina chants, that bloody bloody ranking :mad: the Queen Bee task would give them something to think about. And Gina doesn't half know it. Thankfully she seems to be getting carried away and is shooting herself in the foot.

As for Dexter, I have no idea. I tend not to post about him as I don't know what to say about him. He's a strange one. :D I think his behaviour in the beginning (that they all alluded to) made him an easy nom, plus he may be popular but the HMs wouldn't have been given anywhere near as much confirmation as they have about Gina. If I were a HM I might believe Dex to be a marmite character and worth a nom, but Gina too popular and not worth a nom.

Edit: also, with the continual risk of bb revealing nominations to the others Dexter is a safe one - he has always taken noms well, never kicked off or upcast it. HMs would certainly not have the same faith in Gina should their nom be revealed. :eek: