People with pens in their top pocket

2»

Comments

• soransoran Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do not mess with men with 3 pens in their top pocket!
    Proof
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At work I keep mine in the back pocket of my trousers. Easily accessible and never falls out.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why the need for more than one, is it just showing off - trying to look efficient?

If you have more than one then perhaps you could explain why because I can't figure it out.

Oh and how many do you keep there?

Slide-rule, black pen, red pen and a pencil here. All needed to do my job. I can't see a problem with it to be honest, after all isn't that what the top pockets on lab coats are for?
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People with pens in their top pocket

I have to admit, ex-LL..I scanned that too quickly and thought the thread was going to be about cannibalistic serial killers :D

I used to work in the Civil Service - their equivalent is the twinset-and-pearls brigade who wander round buildings with armfuls of blank A4 to make themselves look efficient and hardworking :p
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's funny when THIS happens, though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a pen pocket in my work wear, as pens are like gold dust in my work place I know I will always have one. I am on the move much of the time and it comes in very handy"
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    One is a biro, the other is a lethal blowpipe for a poisoned dart obviously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    shmisk wrote: »
    I do that in my nurses uniform- and more then one as doctors often steal them

If you bring your best pens to work NEVER lend them out, you might not get them back. I speak from experience.
  • Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My old Dad used to say that two or more pens in a top pocket was the mark of the perfect shmo.
    Don't ask me, I don't know where it came from either, although I had the feeling that he thought it was an Americanism.
    If he wanted to make a derogatory remark about an American, he'd refer to him as Joe Shmo from Idaho.
    Political correctness wasn't the old man's long suit.