Poll: Who's the best mentor out of all X Factor UK judges?

Grof_GriffGrof_Griff Posts: 306
Forum Member
Get voting. Poll up in just a sec :)

Note that the question asks best mentor - so, not necessarily most successful mentor by wins ;-)

Who's the best mentor out of all X Factor UK judges? 115 votes

Simon Cowell
7% 9 votes
Louis Walsh
5% 6 votes
Sharon Osbourne
2% 3 votes
Dannii Minogue
36% 42 votes
Cheryl Cole
13% 15 votes
Gary Barlow
2% 3 votes
Kelly Rowland
6% 8 votes
Tulisa
11% 13 votes
Nicole Scherzinger
13% 16 votes

Comments

• PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Nicole... particularly during her first year on the UK show. I really liked the chemistry she had with all three boys
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly Rowland and Danni Minogue. Kelly was smart and knew exactly what she was doing...she picked 4 very good acts and picked good songs for them every week...each one of them looked like an artist every week. Unfortunately, the public are fickle and turned against a couple of them...that's not Kelly's fault though...it happens every year. Danni was also amazing...she genuinely really cared about all of her acts and gave it her all. I know this won't be a popular view, but Louis is also very good...the problem is that he's always given bad categories and is made the joke judge.
  • DiveInDiveIn Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly was the best mentor Little Mix ever had, truthfully speaking Tulisa was clueless. Also, hands down Kelly and Misha was a great team (it's a shame what happened with the media etc), Also Kelly and Jeff Gutt on the US show were on fire. I also found her criticism of performance genuinely insightful yet charismatic at the same time.
    Nicole had a disaster with all of her acts on the US show and last season with the girls. But she did well with the boys the previous year. Gary cared for his acts but tactically attacked other contestants, rather hypocritical. Louis is cheese, even with decent acts.
  • billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say Dannii as she is the only one who continues to support her acts well after the competition has ended. That is true mentoring and not just for the duration of the show. She may not be the best judge but is definitely the most supportive mentor.
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tulisa
  • EmolgaEmolga Posts: 46,944
    Forum Member
    I like all of them apart from Kelly Rowland. Gary Barlow was boring and took the show too seriously sometimes, but I still think he was a good mentor.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DiveIn wrote: »
    Kelly was the best mentor Little Mix ever had, truthfully speaking Tulisa was clueless. Also, hands down Kelly and Misha was a great team (it's a shame what happened with the media etc), Also Kelly and Jeff Gutt on the US show were on fire. I also found her criticism of performance genuinely insightful yet charismatic at the same time.
    Nicole had a disaster with all of her acts on the US show and last season with the girls. But she did well with the boys the previous year. Gary cared for his acts but tactically attacked other contestants, rather hypocritical. Louis is cheese, even with decent acts.

I agree about Kelly. She was excellent and actually provided insightful criticism to all acts. I felt sorry for her actually as I think she was shocked at how the show worked and how little it was actually about talent and more about a tv show. I'm not surprised she didn't come back. She's so much better than the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    I agree about Kelly. She was excellent and actually provided insightful criticism to all acts. I felt sorry for her actually as I think she was shocked at how the show worked and how little it was actually about talent and more about a tv show. I'm not surprised she didn't come back. She's so much better than the show.

Kelly was particularly good with Little Mix, and it annoys me that Tulisa gets the credit for that. But whilst I agree with everything you're saying, she was all for taking the money to appear on the US version so can't have been that disappointed with how the show works. She should've been on the US show from series 1 though, with Nicole joining the UK panel that year instead. It could well have been a different story for the UK show if it had been done that way.

I know it will be an unpopular opinion but I also think Louis is a great mentor. He ALWAYS sticks by his acts (even when they're terrible) and knows exactly what will and won't get votes. When he has a great act, always do well but he just tends to get lumbered with the rubbish categories.
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicole, she showed much love to them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    She did the US version again last year. Can't have bothered her too much. ;-)
  • TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anastacia.
  • DiveInDiveIn Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nissl wrote: »
    She did the US version again last year. Can't have bothered her too much. ;-)

British media is a whole different animal.
  • Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicole, obviously. She genuinely cared about her acts and stayed there for them whilst Sharon always flew back to Australia and Louis to Ireland.
  • wonderwheels28wonderwheels28 Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say Dannii
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii without a doubt, she was always focused and treated all acts fairly and not the most popular acts and she has stilled stayed in touch even ones from 2007, she was also the one to put the most time and effort in. Great judge too especially in 2010 as she was the only one to had the backbone to critique. Weird that especially as everyone said she would be a hopeless judge and mentor.

I'm loving her on XF Aus.
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    Dannii