Let's all take the p*ss out of Gary

Comments

• Bagshot85Bagshot85 Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    atko wrote: »
    There's a difference between one on one banter & a whole bunch of idiots against one individual though! It just shows us which hm's in there have no respect. I said last night when they were fooling about & keeping him awake then that the bedroom should be off limits for messing about & if people don't want to sleep then go & fool about in some other part of the house. Mind you, we should know by now that Reality TV 'stars' have no respect!!

Exactly!
    Why do ppl insist on barging into the bedroom to 'have fun'...when they're ppl sleeping there, then complain when they're told to pipe down?
    Surely they have the rest of the house for their 'top banter/pranks/antics/getting mortal'?? >:(
  • morrisleemorrislee Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bagshot85 wrote: »
    Seems to be the mantra of the imbeciles in there atm.
    BB has always been renowned for groups rounding on one weaker person, but this isn't pleasant to watch.
    Kelly Brook's other half, and his fellow moronic pals need a serious reality check.
    Bunch of kn*bheads laughing inanely in the background, whilst a 70 year old man is made to feel uncomfortable. >:(>:(

Shameful and Kelly obviously doesn't go for brains-laughing like a hyena when older sleeping.man is woken up and made fun of
    Morons
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can imagine Gary is annoying to live with and I'm still not sure of him myself, but that was very awkward viewing in my opinion. I thought Ricci immediately seemed to regret what he was doing and back out, but the others laughing and watching was awful, particularly david. There were so many of them involved in it that it was just really disappointing no one stopped it. I'm glad they didn't get much of a reaction from Gary because I imagine that's what they wanted.
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it matters who was the butt of the joke, its cruel to wake someone when they're asleep in that kind of way.

David is coming across as a complete tool with Ricci as his extremely boring sidekick. What a lovely pair of guys (not)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Maybe Gary should be more respectful. Says a lot when the entire house is in agreement to nominate him after one day. People noted he was disrespectful in the Diary Room.

David was brilliant. Glad he's taken control. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I really didn't like this in the lead up I was just waiting for someone to say no come on he's an older man and sleeping, but nope no one said a thing. Not even stupid its just nasty! Really feel for the guy.
  • xhippygirlxxhippygirlx Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    that was uncomfortable to watch at the end, yes i'm sure he can be annoying to live with but at the end of the day he's harmless and is a 70 year old man with brain damage and loss of hearing >:( acting like 10 year olds!
    he's won a bafta, oscar nominated, been in a few big films and worked with patrick swayze, mel gibson, keanu reeves and johnny depp. things ricky from newcastle and kelly brook's bf wannabe could only dream of!
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    BB has always been renowned for groups rounding on one weaker person, but this isn't pleasant to watch.
    Kelly Brook's other half, and his fellow moronic pals need a serious reality check.
    Bunch of kn*bheads laughing inanely in the background, whilst a 70 year old man is made to feel uncomfortable. >:(>:(

I agree with you. That was horrible to see. Showed themselves up there, good and proper.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was uncomfortable to watch, I love jokes, pranks etc, but would never wake someone who was in their 70s have a laugh at their expense, you could see he was confused and not sure what was going on. Then all the laughter at his expense wasn't right. I was raised better than that. Some are moaning how he is with them, yet they go and do that to wind him up so he flips on them. Totally uncalled for. If that was my Granddad or Dad I would go mad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazziekay wrote: »
    Totally agree. They have so little imagination to entertain themselves they play ... rock paper scissors ...oh now lets see if we can get a rise out of Gary. Nice. Disrespectful idiots.

Agreed. Actual grown-ups playing Rock Paper Scissors and then picking on an elderly man. Weird and horrifying how so many adults revert to obnoxious childishness when they're confined in the BB house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JedHigh wrote: »
    Maybe Gary should be more respectful. Says a lot when the entire house is in agreement to nominate him after one day. People noted he was disrespectful in the Diary Room.

Same every year. The younger, more idiotic housemates gang up and get rid of the older ones first. It's only so that they can carry on behaving like ****s without being made to feel uncomfortable by more sensible people who know how to conduct themselves!
    Forum Member
    scarlett09 wrote: »
    Same every year. The younger, more idiotic housemates gang up and get rid of the older ones first. It's only so that they can carry on behaving like ****s without being made to feel uncomfortable by more sensible people who know how to conduct themselves!

What? Gary is not more "sensible". The younger house mates are not more "idiotic"?

I don't think there's any ganging up either? At the end of the day, it's in the public's hands. Don't think the public would allow ganging up and having "idiotic" youths picking off whoever they desire.
  • 777Eilidh777Eilidh Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like Gary and I think he'll be difficult to live with but I found that horrible viewing and just "Pack Mentality" To me it felt like bullying. Americans don't take this kind of joke at the best of times but to do it to an old man who has ruined his brain with one thing and another, is a bit below the belt. IMHO
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    That van driver and Ricci were horrible there. Not a brain cell between them.

'that van driver'

Heheehhe!!! So much easier to remember than his name.
  • MaisieMooMooMaisieMooMoo Posts: 1,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just nasty. Gary isn't my favourite, but to see the confused look on his face when they were all cackling in the bedroom, really made me feel so sorry for him .
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JedHigh wrote: »

One of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read and that's saying something. Utterly pathetic.
  • 2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were acting like 7 yr old in a playground, firstly playing rock paper scissors then David bouncing indoors to get the others to come out and play to see who has to lay next to the old man. Was uncomfortable to watch and really childish. And it's not the first time either.
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the norm, the sheep follow and they sense that Gary is unpopular and they all stick the boot in so to speak. I bet they would not do that to Audley... if Audley told say David to shush I bet he would shut up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary is going to be someone who has to be treated differently. They will need to accept that he's brain damaged, hard of hearing and elderly, and that his behaviour may be socially awkward and challenging at times.

The only thing to do, is to humour him, not to take offence at his rudeness, and try not to allow an awkward situation to escalate into hostility.

James helped the situation to escalate by a) telling Gary to "piss off" when he asked if he was gay, and then b) by 'jokingly' threaten to punch him. But he did alright afterwards when talking it through and settling things down with Gary. I think he will tread more carefully in future.
  • momoriromomoriro Posts: 2,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ultros wrote: »
    Nah, Gary's a lunatic... Don't feel sorry for him, he will have them all huddled up in a corner shivering begging for mercy within a few days :D

Gary to win!!!

Granted he's clearly not right in the head but I don't think that excuses the rest of them bullying a old man. That Ricci looks a lot like miss piggy he should borrow Kellie's wig and we would all be thinking Miss Piggy was on the show another American !:D
    Forum Member
    One of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read and that's saying something. Utterly pathetic.

Wow. I take it you just got access to that account then? Surely someone from 2011 has seen many worse posts. I've seen worse in the last hour.

You need to accept people with different views and stick to commenting on the show, not forum posters. My post wasn't profanity-laced or slagging off a house mate to the extreme. Grow up.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

What has his age got to do with it? Surely the issue is taking the p1ss out of people.

They are not mocking his age, they are mocking his personality.

Would their behaviour be acceptable if he was seventeen or twenty seven?
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gary is going to be someone who has to be treated differently. They will need to accept that he's brain damaged, hard of hearing and elderly, and that his behaviour may be socially awkward and challenging at times.

The only thing to do, is to humour him, not to take offence at his rudeness, and try not to allow an awkward situation to escalate into hostility.

James helped the situation to escalate by a) telling Gary to "piss off" when he asked if he was gay, and then b) by 'jokingly' threaten to punch him. But he did alright afterwards when talking it through and settling things down with Gary. I think he will tread more carefully in future.

Why?

He is a fellow contestant on there on equal terms with the rest of them Why should they have to make allowances?
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    I think this thread is a disgrace and you people have thrown poor Gary under the Bus(ey).

:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    Why?

He is a fellow contestant on there on equal terms with the rest of them Why should they have to make allowances?

Because he's not just 'a fellow contestant' he's a human being who's partially deaf with brain damage.

We encounter people with psychological, behavioural and physical impediments and challenges of one kind or another in all walks of life, and if we are decent human beings, we make certain allowances for those impediments and challenges; be it in the office, on the bus, or anywhere, including working on a TV programme.

Because of his brain damage, Gary has certain inability to understand or behave according to the kinds of social codes most of us accept without thinking about it. Accepting this, and responding to him accordingly, is no different to accepting that a blind person may need a little extra consideration or effort, particular to their limitations.