*The Lady Gaga Appreciation Thread* (Part 11)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1700630/lady-gaga-zedd-artpop-album-update.jhtml

Zedd talks about ARTPOP in this recent article. Seems like they have quite a way to go before ARTPOP will be ready...sigh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    DJames99 wrote: »
    That was a nice article from the Rolling Stone, got to be honest when the bus was announced I did immediately think it was a bit of gimmick, but it does actually look like she's got some professionals on hand to make sure it's a success. I hope the nasty rumors about it don't prevent her from doing more stuff like this in the future because I do believe her hearts in the right place and that she is in her own way trying to help.

I like that she's trying something different and putting her money where her mouth is. I feel people jumped too much on the psychiatric side of things when it seems more of a support group come hippy commune.

As of now the rumours haven't gone mainstream, but to be honest the kind of people who will lap that stuff up will be those looking for negativity and those naive enough to believe anything they read. Everyone else will ignore/forget because it's not a "scandal" with legs.
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1700630/lady-gaga-zedd-artpop-album-update.jhtml

Zedd talks about ARTPOP in this recent article. Seems like they have quite a way to go before ARTPOP will be ready...sigh.

"...so we're definitely gonna work on this project for the next month."

Works out with the Spring release. They'll be able to get a lot done now that they're both touring together.

He's since clarified that he considers "99% = 0% and 100% = 100%". i.e. it's only done when it's done and until then it's rough and work has to be done.
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's time to face facts, ARTPOP will be a September/October release.
    Forum Member
    I think it's time to face facts, ARTPOP will be a September/October release.

I am sticking to a June/July release. Once she stops touring in March she will literally have a ton of time to finish ARTPOP off. Then again knowing Gaga and her "soon" it probably will be September. I think the only thing that annoys a lot of Monsters is the way she goes about a new album. She will release the album title like a year before the album drops and in that year she will not say a single decent thing about it. People will soon get bored of ARTPOP if she doesn't give people a couple of answers.

I wouldn't even mind a "Late '13 release", no need for specifics just a general idea.:yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zedd has just tweeted this.

That dress she wore for the Ball is stunning. There's another picture where she wore a different dress and looked amazing in that too. Here it is:http://24.media.tumblr.com/e6c6c60e2f221f0d0c64d6214b010a78/tumblr_mh29wqkwT21qdmb8eo1_1280.png.
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My guess would be for a summer release. It gives her time to tweak it after the tour finishes, and given the themes that we know about and the looks she's been rocking lately - it's screaming summer to me. ARTPOP should be an explosion of sound and colour so I hope she makes the most of the summer months and releases a phat party tune!

Great article from the rolling stone magazine, it just proves that there's good press from the sources that matter!

I wonder what the NASA part of her technology contains? Would she be working with NASA for an app? Sometimes I think gaga is so far ahead of us all, the mind boggles!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right all caught up!

So Zedd needs to finish off his work with her that still sounds like demos/rough and they have done aroun 10 songs together...and whever they are finished she will decide what is included and what isnt....it does sound like there will be a lot of potentially unused material for Artpop by the sounds of it...which means there will be a plethora of material to leak after album release lol ;)....unless the album really is that long! haha

Also gives hope that her work with RedOne, Fernando, Paul Blair, Madeon (was he confirmed??) are near enough completed.

I reckon that we will hear something official March with the lead single/video for the Spring...and will allow enough time for a second single/video pror to album release in late June (and if Taboos theory of glasto may ring true...then that is late June/July isnt it? so promo can coincide then with Summer music festivals etc....should be pretty slick!)

ANd yes she has sported a lot of psychy/summery colour thus far...so it makes sense...and if its heavily dance orientated also...i mean that is a massive give away then it makes sense to have it in the summer to reach its full potential!
    Forum Member
    Right all caught up!

So Zedd needs to finish off his work with her that still sounds like demos/rough and they have done aroun 10 songs together...and whever they are finished she will decide what is included and what isnt....it does sound like there will be a lot of potentially unused material for Artpop by the sounds of it...which means there will be a plethora of material to leak after album release lol ;)....unless the album really is that long! haha

Also gives hope that her work with RedOne, Fernando, Paul Blair, Madeon (was he confirmed??) are near enough completed.

I reckon that we will hear something official March with the lead single/video for the Spring...and will allow enough time for a second single/video pror to album release in late June (and if Taboos theory of glasto may ring true...then that is late June/July isnt it? so promo can coincide then with Summer music festivals etc....should be pretty slick!)

ANd yes she has sported a lot of psychy/summery colour thus far...so it makes sense...and if its heavily dance orientated also...i mean that is a massive give away then it makes sense to have it in the summer to reach its full potential!

Madeon is working with her I believe. I am not looking forward to a RedOne produced track though. :( I feel it's a little dated now. Cannot wait to see her work with Zedd though, he really is amazing.

Very good points about a summer release, it does make the most sense to be honest. Either way I think you are right; nothing official until March.

I am hoping she does go back to The Fame era style, as she stated, I didn't feel BTW had enough Dance to it. I mean sure, it was a pop record but I mean in terms of actually in the club there were only a handful I felt.
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Summer seem most likley to me. It will be over 2 years since BTW and even for Gaga 2 years without releasing new music in the pop world is a long time.

I think she also makes a rod for her own back by being so close and open with her fans. I'm sure it makes them more demanding :)

I would still hope however she doesn't buckle to pressure and put a slightly substandard album out too early when a few weeks extra work would make it perfect
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madeon is working with her I believe. I am not looking forward to a RedOne produced track though. :( I feel it's a little dated now. Cannot wait to see her work with Zedd though, he really is amazing.

Very good points about a summer release, it does make the most sense to be honest. Either way I think you are right; nothing official until March.

I am hoping she does go back to The Fame era style, as she stated, I didn't feel BTW had enough Dance to it. I mean sure, it was a pop record but I mean in terms of actually in the club there were only a handful I felt.

I agree with RedOne that he kinda is like Timbaland 2009/10 now on the wane out of there...but he may make something splendid....i feel his production has peaked with Schiesse!

As for CLub sounds, personally i found that most refreshing about BTW, as an album it had so many Dance elements - Techno/Trance/Disco/Europop/Synthpop/Industrial across the album and i liked that it made for a more moody feel too :) Because for me i get so bored easily of "in the club" stuff...some i make exceptions for...but hearing Madeon productions i think his sound is a breath of frsh air...Zedd is very Dubby which should be slick....although reading that he has worked with Bieber is a bit (vomit smilie) ha! but turned out it was just a co-production with Max Martin so alls fine ;) ha!

What i hope is that gaga takes these Club influenced DJs and takes them to another elvel personally....really make them explore new sounds with her if that makes sense...am sure they will....but if its too "The Fame-ey" and too "Club-ey" I dont think i will be fully endorsed into it....but i think the fact time is being taken with it makes all the more sense...plus i loved BTW being released in the summer....loads of great music came out late spring/summer 2011 really :) Hopefully thats a sign too ;)

I remain open minded about it all and await to hear what will be given....i dont wanna have anything like that dreaful Cake song nor Princess High or whatever that was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That dress was amazing. She looked AMAZING.
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Not the news I was hoping to hear about the album but oh well, everything will probably be better if it has been worked on for longer. Remember the pics of her leaving studios in London with Fernando in late 2011 (X Factor time)? They must have been working for that long, though I am sure there has been long breaks in between so it will balance out.

Brilliant Rolling Stone article too, lovely to hear what the woman said but some of the comments are silly as per usual, although sexual abuse is very serious, I highly doubt it happened on the BTW Bus plus she looked fantastic at Obama's ball, return of the blond bangs :cool:
    Forum Member
    I agree with RedOne that he kinda is like Timbaland 2009/10 now on the wane out of there...but he may make something splendid....i feel his production has peaked with Schiesse!

As for CLub sounds, personally i found that most refreshing about BTW, as an album it had so many Dance elements - Techno/Trance/Disco/Europop/Synthpop/Industrial across the album and i liked that it made for a more moody feel too :) Because for me i get so bored easily of "in the club" stuff...some i make exceptions for...but hearing Madeon productions i think his sound is a breath of frsh air...Zedd is very Dubby which should be slick....although reading that he has worked with Bieber is a bit (vomit smilie) ha! but turned out it was just a co-production with Max Martin so alls fine ;) ha!

What i hope is that gaga takes these Club influenced DJs and takes them to another elvel personally....really make them explore new sounds with her if that makes sense...am sure they will....but if its too "The Fame-ey" and too "Club-ey" I dont think i will be fully endorsed into it....but i think the fact time is being taken with it makes all the more sense...plus i loved BTW being released in the summer....loads of great music came out late spring/summer 2011 really :) Hopefully thats a sign too ;)

I remain open minded about it all and await to hear what will be given....i dont wanna have anything like that dreaful Cake song nor Princess High or whatever that was.

Completely agree! I don't want Zedd ft. Lady Gaga Vocals tracks. I literally want Gaga and Zedd to mix their sounds together. I think considering how much pressure she is under to do well with ARTPOP that she may actually deliver. As long as we don't get any more preaching about being Born This Way because that needs to be laid to rest a bit now so she can actually gain back a lot of peoples interest. A lot got bored of it very quickly.

Well she said that an uptempo version of Princess Die MAY be on the album but I think Cake and Stache were just her messing around. Personally I am in love with Stache though so wouldn't mind if her other songs were in the same vein, obviously better lyrics/quality of course.

As of now we know of three definite tracks
    - G.U.Y. (Girl Under You)
    - Tea
    - Burqa

I am assuming that there will be an ARTPOP track as well. Judging by these three titles (Think we only know three) I am thinking we are getting a more Fame-esque style album. The titles don't seem as "long-winded" as BTW - Highway Unicorn (Road To Love) :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping 'Tea' is a throwback to 'The Fame' era. That cup was famous!..IS famous!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree! I don't want Zedd ft. Lady Gaga Vocals tracks. I literally want Gaga and Zedd to mix their sounds together. I think considering how much pressure she is under to do well with ARTPOP that she may actually deliver. As long as we don't get any more preaching about being Born This Way because that needs to be laid to rest a bit now so she can actually gain back a lot of peoples interest. A lot got bored of it very quickly.

Well she said that an uptempo version of Princess Die MAY be on the album but I think Cake and Stache were just her messing around. Personally I am in love with Stache though so wouldn't mind if her other songs were in the same vein, obviously better lyrics/quality of course.

As of now we know of three definite tracks
    - G.U.Y. (Girl Under You)
    - Tea
    - Burqa

I am assuming that there will be an ARTPOP track as well. Judging by these three titles (Think we only know three) I am thinking we are getting a more Fame-esque style album. The titles don't seem as "long-winded" as BTW - Highway Unicorn (Road To Love) :p

Ah right those are three confirmed to date are they? Hmmm...well we will see, i kinda like the One Word feel of them...single words more than lonbg titles definitely.

ANd yeah definitely with the time being taken i definitely hope a LOT of effort is going into verything...we will have to see...but i o think a June album release is likely...whether she keeps to two VOlumes or not is another matter...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HQ Video of BTW at Obama party ---- That's Some Piano :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=qHPzOK5-HOc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »
    HQ Video of BTW at Obama party ---- That's Some Piano :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=qHPzOK5-HOc

I like it looks very Bond-esque doesnt it :cool:
    Forum Member
    G.U.Y. (Girl Under You) should be interesting, very good title haha! Just making up such a song title could open up the song possibilities
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    G.U.Y. (Girl Under You) should be interesting, very good title haha! Just making up such a song title could open up the song possibilities

yeah i thought that...theres sexual connotation, Urban L.T.T.R.S an maybe alos it could be a status thing and that connotation.....love multi-meanings dont us BK ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it looks very Bond-esque doesnt it :cool:

Maybe that's where NASA came into it :D
    Forum Member
    yeah i thought that...theres sexual connotation, Urban L.T.T.R.S an maybe alos it could be a status thing and that connotation.....love multi-meanings dont us BK ;)

Indeed we do ;) it does scream sex but at the same time it could be about ambition, guy and girls with ambition but that is wishful thinking on my part
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Madeon is confirmed. He worked with her on the Euro leg, now he's working with her on the NA leg alongside Zedd, DJWS and whoever else. There are still unknown producers.

RedOne is up the air, and we haven't heard anything from Fernando since 2011. His early stuff may have been cut.

As for when the album is coming, we kinda knew the album wasn't finished yet and had work to be done...so Zedd's words aren't a big deal. He may have said his tracks needed work, but he also implied that they'd be done soon and were 99% there.

I don't feel anything has changed in terms of timeframe. We'll be in the ARTPOP era in late spring (Apr/May), it's just a question of when the second single/album will come.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »
    Maybe that's where NASA came into it :D

Ooooh...Moonraker ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Indeed we do ;) it does scream sex but at the same time it could be about ambition, guy and girls with ambition but that is wishful thinking on my part

Well if it was RIhanna we would all know what it would mean ;) ha! Love her and all but yeh...but when it comes to gaga i dont think its ever single meaning, unless she is to appeal to the masses, in which case good luck with radio airplay ;)