Emma Chawner - the new Jade Goody? (Part 10)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    My friend worked at Greggs for a bit and she said that any unsold food would be bagged up and taken along to places like the Salvation Army.
    I can't imagine everything at F&B is cooked fresh like cakes everyday? :confused: I've never been to F&B, but surely she wouldn't be taking half a cake home every night?
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmm, one of my family members works in Greggs. When I was younger, she'd try and get in my good books by bringing cake home after work... I appreciated all the cake but I still don't like her :D
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simi89 wrote: »
    My friend worked at Greggs for a bit and she said that any unsold food would be bagged up and taken along to places like the Salvation Army.
    I can't imagine everything at F&B is cooked fresh like cakes everyday? :confused: I've never been to F&B, but surely she wouldn't be taking half a cake home every night?

I would imagine at F&B's it's all frozen gear (could be wrong... I have only been there once and had the worst burger I thought it was possible to make)

A few places do pass on food to homeless (e.g. Pret-A-Manger) but theirs is only prepared on the premises - not cooked - I bet most places are wary of litigation in case of food poisoning. Shame really- imagine how much waste there is in one high street alone.

Actually Em and Sam could do with a bout of food poisoning - would knock pounds off em!
  • tenorladytenorlady Posts: 1,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam probably ensures she has almost an entire gateau to take home each night by telling the customers not to order any, because it tastes funny:o

Do F&B's do pear gateau?;)

My friend works at a fast food restaurant and taking home leftovers is regarded as theft. All leftovers have to be accounted for.

A shocking waste really - it should be given to the homeless and hungry, but, as Lozenger says in the post above this one, apparently the homeless and hungry might sue if they got a touch of Delhi belly after eating it.:eek:
  • MehitabelMehitabel Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tenorlady wrote: »
    Sam probably ensures she has almost an entire gateau to take home each night by telling the customers not to order any, because it tastes funny:o

Do F&B's do pear gateau?;)

My friend works at a fast food restaurant and taking home leftovers is regarded as theft. All leftovers have to be accounted for.

A shocking waste really - it should be given to the homeless and hungry, but, as Lozenger says in the post above this one, apparently the homeless and hungry might sue if they got a touch of Delhi belly after eating it.:eek:

It probably depends on the restaurant and the area. It does around here. Some things are shipped off and others dumped. Maybe the independent places are freer with their leftovers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F&B's isn't independent though, it's a chain, although I guess some of the restaurants are franchises.

I wonder if Sam is still working there? She seems to have had an awful lot of sick leave. Maybe she's just employed on an adhoc basis, and just does a few shifts here and there to cover permanent staff absence and holiday cover?

Any more news on the new Chawners Do Japan reality show?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F&B's isn't independent though, it's a chain, although I guess some of the restaurants are franchises.

I wonder if Sam is still working there? She seems to have had an awful lot of sick leave. Maybe she's just employed on an adhoc basis, and just does a few shifts here and there to cover permanent staff absence and holiday cover?

Any more news on the new Chawners Do Japan reality show?:confused:

:eek::eek::eek:Is that really a thing, or just an in-joke? Don't disappoint me!!

(Can't even wait for an answer, I'm googling.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Its what Phizzle is claiming. And we know Philth can be creative with the truth. :rolleyes:

I would love to see the Japanese viewers reaction to them though.
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would the Japanese be interested in the Chawners, how would they know about them, unless they've mistaken them for whales, but they harpoon whales don't they.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:Is that really a thing, or just an in-joke? Don't disappoint me!!

(Can't even wait for an answer, I'm googling.)

Did google give you any information? Sadly I think the Chawners are as likely to do a reality show in Japan as I am. :(
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did google give you any information? Sadly I think the Chawners are as likely to do a reality show in Japan as I am. :(

I still think all this talk about a 'Japanese reality show' is just the usual exaggerations from Sam 'n Emma.

All that's happened is that Bio have sold the show to Japan. As the Japanese are very polite and family oriented people, I'd imagine they'd be totally horrified by the way the Chunkies behave towards one another.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just got linked back to this thread, and to quotes from the Closer mag, so no, anticlimax:(

I hate myself for wanting another series. As someone pointed out though, why would anyone take them on now? Without the self-improvement angle there's no story there. They just took the piss for three series really.

If they're really keen for attention they could set up a YouTube channel like the SacconeJolys (TheFloofTV), the Shaytards and the InternetKilledTV couple, and daily vlog their lives. Has that idea been suggested to them on FB? If not, someone please suggest it?:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I just got linked back to this thread, and to quotes from the Closer mag, so no, anticlimax:(

I hate myself for wanting another series. As someone pointed out though, why would anyone take them on now? Without the self-improvement angle there's no story there. They just took the piss for three series really.

If they're really keen for attention they could set up a YouTube channel like the SacconeJolys (TheFloofTV), the Shaytards and the InternetKilledTV couple, and daily vlog their lives. Has that idea been suggested to them on FB? If not, someone please suggest it?:)

What a great idea. If they're on You Tube, they could go global. Even America might want them, though they wouldn't look out of place there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    greengran wrote: »
    What a great idea. If they're on You Tube, they could go global. Even America might want them, though they wouldn't look out of place there.

And it might make them feel better about the Honey Boo Boo family if they could meet our equivalent;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds like too much hard work, to set up a daily vlog - but I can see it working, they could go viral.

*shudders at the thought of viral Chawnz*

They could compete with the Honey Boo Boo's for the most views. And they might be offered advertising from Youtube - KFC, MacDonalds, Smart Price sausages...they could end up making a living out of it.

Oh no!!! It might muck up their money and that would never do.:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha. They might have to disable comments if they did a video blog.
    Sadly....or not, I think that's the only option for them to appear on screen.

Oh how it must hurt when your 15 extended minutes are up. They literally have nothing to occupy them now, so it's back to the eating, telly, smoking, farting routine life at Chawner Towers.
    I think their only hope lies in pissing off another neighbour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd think the girls would actually WANT to get out of the rut they are in. What normal women in their 20's would accept such a limited, dull life? Watching TV, going to the supermarket with their dad, playing Farmville on Facebook, and tweeting z list celebrities.

They shouldn't be spending all their time with their parents, it's not a healthy relationship, Phil and Aud don't seem to realise their daughters are no longer at school, and still treat them like recalcitrant teenagers.

This has all been said before, time and time again, and nothing ever changes. Nothing ever will, at least not until the diabetic and the candida albicans kicks in good and proper, and the older Chawnz shuffle off to that great KFC in the sky:cry:

Knowing Phil though, he'll live to be 97 just out of spite, and Aud will probably live even longer, as she never actually does anything to exert herself.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps we should start a campaign 'Free the Chawner Girls'. We could get the newspapers interested and Tv. We'll say it's a campaign to get them out of their toxic environment and into a normal life with jobs, friends etc. we could put posters on the shops and on telegraph poles, get the whole Country involved and bring them out into the light!
    Trouble is, they don't want to be rescued, they're quite happy in their muck, unless they can be famous.
  • AlberonAlberon Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    About this supposed Japanese show. A friend of a Facebook 'friend' of Phil has received a message about it. In it Phil claims one episode has already aired in Japan but they start filming proper in a couple of months.

My friend thinks Phil sent that message to make them stop asking about it and doesn't believe a word of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alberon wrote: »
    About this supposed Japanese show. A friend of a Facebook 'friend' of Phil has received a message about it. In it Phil claims one episode has already aired in Japan but they start filming proper in a couple of months.

My friend thinks Phil sent that message to make them stop asking about it and doesn't believe a word of it.
    I wonder if he IS lying though?

To my shame, I would have bet my salary he was lying about the Starlight Hike and he did that. Only raised a pound, but hey.

Maybe, just maybe, a Japanese TV company has seen the comedy potential in the car crash lifestyle of the Chawners?

Perhaps it will show them attempting and failing to take advantage of any of the help offered - Emma storming out of the gym with a "bad knee" after 30 seconds on the treadmill, Sam shedding 5 stone in America and gaining it back with a month on her return, Phil declining a job at the florists because it might muck up his money, Aud and her remote control toe...there is a weath of material to work with, and with a backing track of laughter, and Japanese subtitles, it might work:D
  • MehitabelMehitabel Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if he IS lying though?

To my shame, I would have bet my salary he was lying about the Starlight Hike and he did that. Only raised a pound, but hey.

Maybe, just maybe, a Japanese TV company has seen the comedy potential in the car crash lifestyle of the Chawners?

Perhaps it will show them attempting and failing to take advantage of any of the help offered - Emma storming out of the gym with a "bad knee" after 30 seconds on the treadmill, Sam shedding 5 stone in America and gaining it back with a month on her return, Phil declining a job at the florists because it might muck up his money, Aud and her remote control toe...there is a weath of material to work with, and with a backing track of laughter, and Japanese subtitles, it might work:D

I've been thinking along the same lines as T-lady. A Japan reality show is too far out of Phil's limited view of the world. Something must have happened to put that into his head. In addition, if you've ever seen clips of some of the Japanese reality shows....well, let's just say that their sense of humor is quite a bit different than mine. I don't mean to offend anyone of Japanese ancestry, but what I've seen runs along the lines of male pre-adolescent and adolescent humor. The Chawners could fit right into that and never realize how "big" of an object of ridicule they are.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mehitabel wrote: »
    I've been thinking along the same lines as T-lady. A Japan reality show is too far out of Phil's limited view of the world. Something must have happened to put that into his head. In addition, if you've ever seen clips of some of the Japanese reality shows....well, let's just say that their sense of humor is quite a bit different than mine. I don't mean to offend anyone of Japanese ancestry, but what I've seen runs along the lines of male pre-adolescent and adolescent humor. The Chawners could fit right into that and never realize how "big" of an object of ridicule they are.

Phil might be crafty enough to think it's Japan, where they have a different alphabet so nobody will be able to find anything about this 'reality show' unless they can read and speak Japanese.

Just a thought. ;)
  • auntiemauntiem Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Phil might be crafty enough to think it's Japan, where they have a different alphabet so nobody will be able to find anything about this 'reality show' unless they can read and speak Japanese.

Just a thought. ;)

I'm sure we can find a friend or two on here who would be willing to translate for us though ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    auntiem wrote: »
    I'm sure we can find a friend or two on here who would be willing to translate for us though ;)

Babelfish will be a good point of reference.

I'm still inclined to think someone somewhere has put the idea into his head. This is a man who still thinks Australia and New Zealand are the same country. He probably thinks Japan is off the coast of Wales.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Babelfish will be a good point of reference.

I'm still inclined to think someone somewhere has put the idea into his head. This is a man who still thinks Australia and New Zealand are the same country. He probably thinks Japan is off the coast of Wales.

He probably thinks Babelfish is his local chippy. ;)