Options

Puzzle over EastEnders stars Twitter?Hacked or promoting?

Green KnickersGreen Knickers Posts: 756
Forum Member
✭✭
https://twitter.com/jacquelineMjos/status/266414517062336512 I have a feeling Jacqueline Jossas Twitter account has been hacked as shes promoting a weight loss product and I just cant see the BBC allowing their stars to do that kind of thing on Twitter.I think it would be against their policy on social media-even Corrie Stars got into trouble for promoting things on Twitter and this is a Acai berry weight loss pill.
IF she actually is promoting it Id be shocked and IF shes allowed to promote it by the BBC Id be even more shocked.

Twitter is a minefield for celebs.

What do people make of it?

Comments

• Options
    FallingPianoFallingPiano Posts: 962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clearly hacked, not that it is of any importance anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clearly hacked, not that it is of any importance anyway.

I agree almost definitely hacked but i wouldnt say its of no importance as lots of impressionable teenagers especially girls follow Jacqueline.i hope their not duped.
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a hacker, I've had those before. Had to change my password.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a hacker, I've had those before. Had to change my password.

This is the downside to Twitter.I find this pointless hacking for commercial purposes really annoying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shes been hacked no doubt. Jac J is not dumb enough to promote weight loss crud on Twitter.
    Rita Simons was hacked recently , some Bingo rubbish was being tweeted from her account.
    Its all a bit sad in Tweet-world :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    done the right thing by geting it taken down .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Stars under the age of 21 at the BBC are not allowed to use Twitter but I believe they're able to use Facebook Pages.
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skandar wrote: »
    Stars under the age of 21 at the BBC are not allowed to use Twitter but I believe they're able to use Facebook Pages.

Lola does.
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that were true the likes of James Forde and Danielle Harold (Liam and Lola) wouldn't be verified...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The policy has changed-Jossas account is verified as official by the BBC so she must be allowed despite being under 21.
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree almost definitely hacked but i wouldnt say its of no importance as lots of impressionable teenagers especially girls follow Jacqueline.i hope their not duped.

Why? It might teach them some common sense
  • Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://twitter.com/jacquelineMjos/status/266414517062336512 I have a feeling Jacqueline Jossas Twitter account has been hacked as shes promoting a weight loss product and I just cant see the BBC allowing their stars to do that kind of thing on Twitter.I think it would be against their policy on social media-even Corrie Stars got into trouble for promoting things on Twitter and this is a Acai berry weight loss pill.
    IF she actually is promoting it Id be shocked and IF shes allowed to promote it by the BBC Id be even more shocked.

Twitter is a minefield for celebs.

What do people make of it?
    Why are you saying she has been hacked?
  • Options
    Its-GillianIts-Gillian Posts: 3,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hacked. It's been happening to a lot of people this week!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A strange profile to try and hack. 17,146 followers is nothing significant at all.
  • Options
    flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    I think it's some sort of virus. It's happened to quite a few people. It sends out some sort of link about weight loss products and there's another one which tells you that there's a video of yourself going about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flbkab wrote: »
    I think it's some sort of virus. It's happened to quite a few people. It sends out some sort of link about weight loss products and there's another one which tells you that there's a video of yourself going about.

It's not a virus.

A 'bot' or someone has hacked into the profile and tweeted the weight-loss product as it's either a CPA or an Affiliate sale. They'll earn from any sale or action that the followers go through and complete.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twatter is probably the most annoying and silly creation of the 21st century. Celebs are just targets waiting to be picked off by trolls on websites like that. That is all I have to say :).
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,319
    Forum Member
    This is the downside to Twitter.I find this pointless hacking for commercial purposes really annoying.

Another downside to twitter is that a celeb only has to type hello and we get a discussion created about in on the boards...
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how did they hack twitter? I mean if you can hack into twitter accounts you would go for someone a little more famous. More likely she was scammed out of it by putting her password and email into a "fake" twitter page.

I love how everyone claims hacking, when they have no idea what it means or how its done. Its her own fault for getting duped so easily, big clue in the address bar................
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Another downside to twitter is that a celeb only has to type hello and we get a discussion created about in on the boards...

And who has created a thread based on a Hello by a celebrity on Twitter?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a virus on twitter that anyone can get she only needs to change her password. If your logged on and click on the link, you spread the virus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    So how did they hack twitter? I mean if you can hack into twitter accounts you would go for someone a little more famous. More likely she was scammed out of it by putting her password and email into a "fake" twitter page.

I love how everyone claims hacking, when they have no idea what it means or how its done. Its her own fault for getting duped so easily, big clue in the address bar................

They then tweet mainly CPA offers where the hacker gets paid for every completed action the follower does... such as fill out a form, or buy a product (such as a diet product).

Changing your password works. Of course it does - as the password then needs to be guessed correctly again before it can get access.

It can also be caused by Malware - which is NOT always a virus.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,319
    Forum Member
    And who has created a thread based on a Hello by a celebrity on Twitter?

You didn't need to take my post that literally you were just supposed to understand the message of it. :)