Forum Member
    So there was no bullying tonight?
  • Options
    dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    These years there are too many professionally offended people

Yeah things like Twitter/Facebook and Ofcom allow people who crave attention and power over others to come together and start political correctness 'campaigns' that spread like cancer to force their opinions on everybody else
  • Options
    WarpWarp Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I'm usually the first to say when someone is being bullied as I have a lot of experience of it, but now I think some people are clutching at straws.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terry N wrote: »
    So there was no bullying tonight?

I don't think it was.

These things are the norm in Big Brother, if it happened to anybody else, it wouldn't have gotten what it has tonight... and believe me, Gary is certainly one that loves pranks. He'd probably play them against the others.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every series people seem to be looking to be offended.
  • Options
    bitebugbitebug Posts: 3,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Here we go again. It's been a day.

How did we survive the Ch4 years with BB3, BB5 and BB6? :o

Imagine if they aired now.

Whatever label you want to give it - it's unacceptable >:(

There is more 'awareness' these days I believe
    I was bullied, teased, picked on in my youth less so these days - but I still get it.
  • Options
    rorybbrorybb Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dtorre wrote: »
    Yeah things like Twitter/Facebook and Ofcom allow people who crave attention and power over others to come together and start political correctness 'campaigns' that spread like cancer to force their opinions on everybody else

I don't object to political correctness when it comes to racism , homophobia etc. I think in this day and age you can't go around spouting rubbish like that. But I hate that any time the housemates fall out it's always a "bullying" situation , sometimes people just don't get on.
  • Options
    J-StarJ-Star Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    These years there are too many professionally offended people

Couldn't agree more! It's extremely irritating how PC everything has become.
    I am offended by the professionally offended, so what does that make me?!?
  • Options
    atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    I don't think it was.

These things are the norm in Big Brother, if it happened to anybody else, it wouldn't have gotten what it has tonight... and believe me, Gary is certainly one that loves pranks. He'd probably play them against the others.

Not saying it was bullying BUT I will say just because something is "the norm in Big Brother" does not make it acceptable behavior! It was not funny to watch at all IMO & BB are really clutching at straws if they think THAT was entertainment!
  • Options
    WarpWarp Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What Helen was doing was bullying, the incident between Gary and James was an argument and the incident involving Ricci getting into Gary's bed was a prank.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »

Not looking to be offended - just not impressed by unpleasant behaviour. I'm rapidly going off Gary, but ganging up for a stupid prank is never a good look for adults.
  • Options
    pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-Star wrote: »

Captain of the Anti-PC PC Brigade.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I'm saying is if Gary did this to a younger HM, would it be classed as bullying? Probably not. Just like those saying it was disrespectful to keep Bruce awake last year when the younger ones (and older ones) were making noise... some would say, "but if your on a entertainment programme you should be prepared to not get a much sleep as at home"

I think people don't know what Gary is like, he jokes around and does pranks too, in theory, he shouldn't feel "bullied" because it's a little hypocritical if he feels offended.

So, worse case scenario as he is older, what was done tonight was... "rude and unacceptable", there is a HUGE gap inbetween unacceptable and bullying.

If there is no gap in between then I can claim I am bullied everytime someone calls me a "prat".
  • Options
    zolugzolug Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »

I will always be offended when I see a bunch of tossers get together and try to intimidate somebody who is more vulnerable than them just for kicks.
  • Options
    sanfran1sanfran1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    zolug wrote: »
    I will always be offended when I see a bunch of tossers get together and try to intimidate somebody who is more vulnerable than them just for kicks.

Hear, hear. Well said.
  • Options
    SAFC_DerrySAFC_Derry Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the term can be overly and incorrectly used but what I don't accept is certain people who could be classed as Helen apologists sarcastically commenting on it's over use! They really need to take a long look at the definition of the term.
  • Options
    Rosie50Rosie50 Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pondie84 wrote: »
    Captain of the Anti-PC PC Brigade.
    Please can I be vice Captain :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-Star wrote: »

It makes you... normal!

I, too, am sick fed up of the permanently wounded bossy-boots of this world. And of this forum!
  • Options
    pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosie50 wrote: »
    Please can I be vice Captain :)

There are badges and anything. You must solemnly swear to reject any assertion that anything is offensive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zolug wrote: »

Very well said!
  • Options
    MentoristMentorist Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The individual argument between James and Gary was not bullying, however what followed 'could' be considered to be bullying. After the argument James went off and talked to other housemates obviously giving his side of the story and making Gary look bad thus influencing the opinion of others. Gary and James then cleared the air but James again went and discussed the argument with others making it clear that he was in the right and Gary was wrong. This possibly had the effect of isolating Gary from many of the housemates (whether Leslie's and Stephanies comments in the diary room stem from James's comment or from something else I don't know). Seperately a group of housemates get together and play a game making Gary the butt of a prank. A single argument is not bullying but this wasn't a single argument it was a series of events at the expense of one person and therefore 'could' be percieved as bullying. Will be interesting to see if it develops.
  • Options
    Rosie50Rosie50 Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pondie84 wrote: »
    There are badges and anything. You must solemnly swear to reject any assertion that anything is offensive.
    I swear as long as all other DS Forum Members do the same :o:D
  • Options
    lolla_7lolla_7 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    I think Gary was clearly uncomfortable in the last clip. Especially with the hysterical giggling from everyone because of Ricci lying down beside him as a joke. It's not bullying. It is however, very uncomfortable viewing. We are talking about a 70 year old man. He was in his bed asleep. It wasn't a nice thing to do. People would say it was unfair if it was a frail looking 70 year old man or woman.