Carol Vorderman.Grrr

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,021
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In the light of the other 'I hate' threads on the forum right now I thought I'd add the twonky faced one to the pile.

I think she is so naff that she fully deserves her own thread.

My hatred for her was resurfaced after watching the repeat of the Ant and Dec program from Saturday night. Smug Vorderman managed to win despite being dressed like one of the seven dwarfes.

She is just so smug and goes on about her crappy diets and mung bean rissoto falafel when its clearly obvious that surgery has played a large part in her 'reinvention'

The only (grudging) respect I have for her is in Countdown when she gets the number thing effortlessly.

So anyway, does anyone else feel similar about Lady Voldemort?

Comments

• pairofpantspairofpants Posts: 7,098
    Forum Member
    cel_001 wrote:
    In the light of the other 'I hate' threads on the forum right now I thought I'd add the twonky faced one to the pile.

My hatred for her was resurfaced after watching the repeat of the Ant and Dec program from Saturday night. Smug Vorderman managed to win despite being dressed like one of the seven dwarfes.

She is just so smug and goes on about her crappy diets and mung bean rissoto falafel when its clearly obvious that surgery has played a large part in her 'reinvention'

The only (grudging) respect I have for her is in Countdown when she gets the number thing effortlessly.

You forgot one thing - the loan adverts :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her outfit was indeed a very strange choice on Saturday night. I for one will be happier when I can open a celeb magazine without seeing her in a swimsuit.. (yes,yes love we know you've lost loads of weight and you're very proud but I really don't need to see your camel toe in double paged glory while I'm having my lunchtime read thank you very much!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You forgot one thing - the loan adverts :D

Jesus, how could I forget! Flaming woman is everywhere! AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.Easy for her to reecommend £10,000 loans to those who can probably ill afford it when she manages to flaunt her arse to everything to gain more undeserved money.

My mum had the audacity to buy the Vordertoxic book. I did well to contain my rage. She funded the beast.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    icklekermy wrote:
    Her outfit was indeed a very strange choice on Saturday night. I for one will be happier when I can open a celeb magazine without seeing her in a swimsuit.. (yes,yes love we know you've lost loads of weight and you're very proud but I really don't need to see your camel toe in double paged glory while I'm having my lunchtime read thank you very much!)

Carols camel toe.Euwwwwwwww. Nearly puked there. Even hthat has probably been tweaked by a surgeon.
    Forum Member
    cel: Jesus, how could I forget! Flaming woman is everywhere! AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.Easy for her to reecommend £10,000 loans to those who can probably ill afford it when she manages to flaunt her arse to everything to gain more undeserved money.
    Yep they play non-stop on the dismaller Sky channels. How proud she must feel to be such an integral part of the debt culture!
  • CaptainSensibleCaptainSensible Posts: 5,468
    Forum Member
    Yep -the loan ads and the pseudoscience (detox nonsense) get a big thumbs down from me.

I only ever see her on Countdown though, so she doesn't annoy me that much.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Can't stand her - someone I could quite randomly punch :o

(You can add Lulu, Fiona Phillips, the local postman who does the collections, Phil Collins and all of Franz Ferdinand - who I've developed a very irrational hatred for :confused: to that list)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carol Vorderman deserves a pat on the back.

A few years ago (before her extreme make-over), she was the highest paid woman in TV, and this was at a time when her image stood for academia and intelligence. I say give credit to the woman who earned more from using her brains than other female stars did on the basis of their appearance.

She also did a lot to promote mathematics and engineering as subjects/careers that women can actually do, contrary to traditional opinion.

We need a few more women like that in the public eye.

Of course, she's gone and ruined it all now by turning into a mascot for plastic surgery and fad diets, but c'est la vie.
    Forum Member
    Tiagress wrote:
    Carol Vorderman deserves a pat on the back.

A few years ago (before her extreme make-over), she was the highest paid woman in TV, and this was at a time when her image stood for academia and intelligence. I say give credit to the woman who earned more from using her brains than other female stars did on the basis of their appearance.

She also did a lot to promote mathematics and engineering as subjects/careers that women can actually do, contrary to traditional opinion.

We need a few more women like that in the public eye.

Of course, she's gone and ruined it all now by turning into a mascot for plastic surgery and fad diets, but c'est la vie.
    So perhaps she deserved a pat on the back?
  • Catherine1972Catherine1972 Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep they play non-stop on the dismaller Sky channels. How proud she must feel to be such an integral part of the debt culture!

That is just the reason that Jennifer Saunders has hit rock bottom of my estimations!

They can both afford to encourage others into debt, they are being funded by it! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    cel_001 wrote:

I was watching Countdown once, and she was one out on the maths answer, but I managed to get it spot on. I couldn't believe it. I beat Vorderhound at Maths. Woo-hoo.
    P.S. She is not all that. I do not get the big deal at all.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She got a third-class honours degree :D

Awful, awful, over-botoxed old hag. Forever bleating on about how women can 'have it all', sure they can when they're being paid millions and can afford the best childcare, personal trainers etc. etc. I find her boring and terribly insincere.
  • lulululu Posts: 4,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching Countdown once, and she was one out on the maths answer, but I managed to get it spot on. I couldn't believe it. I beat Vorderhound at Maths. Woo-hoo.
    P.S. She is not all that. I do not get the big deal at all.
    I agree, I can't stand the woman. Yes she has a way with numbers, but so do a lot of woman not on the telly. Apparently she has a very high IQ, didn't help her get a first though, she graduated with a third class honours. Apparently that makes her a role model for 'third class honours students' :rolleyes:
  • weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    cel_001 wrote:

YEP!!
    can'ttttttttttttt STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNND her!!

(no 2 on my list of the list of most annoying bints on telly ;)

I saw her in RL after she had detoxed ;)
    if it had not been for the fact that she actually spoke, I was quite ready to accept that she had died but was still standing up :eek: ;)

Her face was a deathly grey colour, her neck bones all stuck out at angles, her legs were like cocktail sticks and her hair was just lank and dry and by God, she could have done with a nice steak n kidney pie to put some meat on her bones :rolleyes:

If that's what "detoxing" does for your face, body and appearance, I will stay fat thank you :D
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Due to our lovely Dr Liar...oops, I mean, Lara being here, I feel honour bound to mention that, during the course of Dr Lara's extensive charity work she met CV several times, and spoke to her on the phone many times, and found her to be lovely, giving, kind, thoughtful, generous etc (she thought Carol was okay too...;) ).

Personally - I want to run her over with the steam-roller I am going to hire to rid the world of Geri fricken' Halliwell... :cool:
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Due to our lovely Dr Liar...oops, I mean, Lara being here, I feel honour bound to mention that, during the course of Dr Lara's extensive charity work she met CV several times, and spoke to her on the phone many times, and found her to be lovely, giving, kind, thoughtful, generous etc (she thought Carol was okay too...;) ).

Personally - I want to run her over with the steam-roller I am going to hire to rid the world of Geri fricken' Halliwell... :cool:

Oh Arty - you are naughty :D
    Forum Member

Sorry, Arty - did you say 'Dr L' did charidee work - I can't remember her saying that? :confused::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pop - you are a very bad girl!!!!
  • FancyFancy Posts: 3,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, Arty - did you say 'Dr L' did charidee work - I can't remember her saying that? :confused::D

Yes - I think it was for Doctor's REceptionists who are Victims of Delusions of Grandeur. (DREVDOG)
    :D;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bitch was on The Paul O Grady show yesterday SHAMELESSLY plugging her ****ing suduko book. She also gave the revelation that she is releasing a game in time for the christmas rush. I can see that being a must have for all the little geeks who want to emulate Miss Vordermutt. Grrrr again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cel_001 wrote:
    The bitch was on The Paul O Grady show yesterday SHAMELESSLY plugging her ****ing suduko book. She also gave the revelation that she is releasing a game in time for the christmas rush. I can see that being a must have for all the little geeks who want to emulate Miss Vordermutt. Grrrr again.

Absolutely with knobs on cel! :D

Can't stand the woman meself. All those bloomin' ads for loans (Which C. Voldemort will never need herself - just encouraging poor sods to get themselves in debt!) her stupid SuDoku thing (flash in the pan - it'll all be over by Chrimbo anyway!) the woman's a nightmare!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    I cannot stand herrrrrrrrrr.
    She is so annoying , so self righteous. I predict that in about 10 years when all the "work" has dried up , she willl be doing a program like you are what you eat and be the "new" gillian MCboll*cks.
    They both have shady qualifications,love being in the public eye and mung beans.
  • CaramelCaramel Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She may laugh a lot, but is she really happy. We only have to look at Kate Moss to see money does not bring happiness.

I feel so sorry for these people that only talk about detox, diets etc., how shallow and selfish, and what a tremendous bore for the listener.

I wonder if any of these celebs have ever experienced true contentment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caramel wrote:
    She may laugh a lot, but is she really happy. We only have to look at Kate Moss to see money does not bring happiness.

I feel so sorry for these people that only talk about detox, diets etc., how shallow and selfish, and what a tremendous bore for the listener.

I wonder if any of these celebs have ever experienced true contentment.

I seriously doubt it. Voldemort's laughter always seems so forced.
    Most posters on this forum are probably happier than many zelebs I'd imagine!

I know I am! :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fancy wrote:
    I seriously doubt it. Voldemort's laughter always seems so forced.
    Most posters on this forum are probably happier than many zelebs I'd imagine!

I know I am! :D:D:D

Me too...I am very h-a-p-p-y...particularly when our little cauliflower is still at school.... :D