This place is going to be a depressing nightmare with White Dee in there

MrBingMrBing Posts: 2,802
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I don't know much about her as a person but I can see that there's going to be a lot of nastiness about her on here. :(

Comments

• ccosmicloveccosmiclove Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's she like on Benefits?
  • Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    I think she might surprise everyone.
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She deserves a chance.
  • MrJamGdMrJamGd Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like her, she seemed to really look after the more vulnerable people on her street. I think some people have been far too quick to judge her based on her financial situation.
  • Wildrover06Wildrover06 Posts: 4,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say she could be quite entertaining. Only time will tell.
  • emmaxxsemmaxxs Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope everyone at least waits to judge her from what she's like in the house (won't hold breath) i see the holier than now brigade are already in force. I mainly agreed with the majority on here during civ bb, e.g Helen being nasty and undeserving of the win, but certainly didnt pre judge her based on her past. I liked Dee on benefits street and think she'll be a good addition. We'll see!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    I don't know much about her. But so far, in just the couple of minutes we have seen, she seems quite warm-hearted and likeable. If people make judgments on her because the lady happened to be on benefits, for example, I reckon those people are idiots.

When I see some people online harp on about things like that, I just wonder how many of them claimed child benefit, or today's equivalent, for example, as it is also a benefit. It seems they wish to pick and choose making sweeping judgments about people on that sort of basis, but excluding themselves. But, like someone else said, she deserves a fair chance, doesn't she.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep. Im going to be interested in watching her. I have read about her but never watched benefits street.

I'll say this though.......i would love to hear her explain how her recovery from a severe and enduring mental health illness corresponded with her rise in public profile and the offer of significant sums of money.
  • emmaxxsemmaxxs Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep. Im going to be interested in watching her. I have read about her but never watched benefits street.

I'll say this though.......i would love to hear her explain how her recovery from a severe and enduring mental health illness corresponded with her rise in public profile and the offer of significant sums of money.

Perhaps positive things happening for her helped her mental state, perhaps it gave her something to strive for. She is not on benefits now, why does she need to explain herself to you?
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she's a good housemate I'll enjoy watching her, if she isn't I won't - nothing to do with that other travesty of a show (not her fault, the producers and public for being taken in by that Tory propaganda).

I've heard she is a nice lady so we will see if she's a good housemate too :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emmaxxs wrote: »
    Perhaps positive things happening for her helped her mental state, perhaps it gave her something to strive for. She is not on benefits now, why does she need to explain herself to you?

I didn't say she had to explain herself to me. I said i'd love to hear the explanation.

You might want to try not being so reactive.
  • sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea who she is never seen benefit street surely she is not a celeb for being on benefits what is the country coming too unbelievable
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emmaxxs wrote: »
    Hope everyone at least waits to judge her from what she's like in the house (won't hold breath) i see the holier than now brigade are already in force. I mainly agreed with the majority on here during civ bb, e.g Helen being nasty and undeserving of the win, but certainly didnt pre judge her based on her past. I liked Dee on benefits street and think she'll be a good addition. We'll see!

There's nothing wrong with talking a housemate's despicable past into account.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    If she's a good housemate I'll enjoy watching her, if she isn't I won't - nothing to do with that other travesty of a show (not her fault, the producers and public for being taken in by that Tory propaganda).

I've heard she is a nice lady so we will see if she's a good housemate too :)

I am completely uninterested in her and will remain so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    I am completely uninterested in her and will remain so.
    Thanks for the info.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info.

I look forward to your saying that to everyone else who expresses an opinion too.

Meanwhile, there's nothing "White Dee" could conceivably do that would make me even slightly interested in seeing her in CBB.
  • Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    She's bound to get judged on her looks, if nothing else. I hope she does well, really, and wins people over, although I dont have a clue what shes like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's bound to get judged on her looks, if nothing else. I hope she does well, really, and wins people over, although I dont have a clue what shes like.

Her looks will work in her favour, at least initially.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    I look forward to your saying that to everyone else who expresses an opinion too.
    Hopefully I'll disappoint you, although I feel I did that long ago. I apologise if I came over as rude.

I hope you enjoy the show anyway, whether you like White Dee or not. I've never seen the show she was on, only on the badly handled debate Matthew Wright held on the benefit system a while ago. She barely spoke on that so I've no real idea of what she's like. Katie Hopkins was on that too, so if she goes in it could be interesting as they have met before and are obviously on different sides of the debate.
  • Robinson1Robinson1 Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is she called White Dee?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully I'll disappoint you, although I feel I did that long ago. I apologise if I came over as rude.

I hope you enjoy the show anyway, whether you like White Dee or not. I've never seen the show she was on, only on the badly handled debate Matthew Wright held on the benefit system a while ago. She barely spoke on that so I've no real idea of what she's like. Katie Hopkins was on that too, so if she goes in it could be interesting as they have met before and are obviously on different sides of the debate.

I don't know what that might be about, but fwiw I think you're one of the more reasonable posters here.
  • Desy BoyDesy Boy Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrBing wrote: »
    I don't know much about her as a person but I can see that there's going to be a lot of nastiness about her on here. :(

Yeah it's begun already. The superiority complex is addictive because it makes us feel better about ourselves. As long as life throws up White Dees this forum will always throw up our c**ty side.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,844
    Forum Member
    I have no preconceptions of her other than what I read on here.

I think I quite like her (OK Very early days :D). But she seems jolly and friendly and I feel a bit for her. Talk about thrown in a the deep end. I warmed to her faster than some of the other unknowns that have gone in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    I am keeping an open mind about Dee, same as the rest of the them. She deserves a chance and shouldn't be instantly condemned for having been on benefits or whatever it is that gets people's knickers in a twist.