Options

Cash Coverters refund

hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Today I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 from them and it's fine but I'm thinking of taking it back. Do they offer a full refund within a certain amount of days? or do they just buy it back at a lower price?

Comments

• Options
    DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id take it back to them tomorrow, thier online store gives 14 days but not sure if its the same instore. Most large companies give a 'changed your mind' period.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they won't refund you unless it's faulty, so you'll likely be offered store credit
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    think its a 20% restock fee
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A store's policy doesn't trump the law. If it's faulty then they have to offer you a full refund.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    A store's policy doesn't trump the law. If it's faulty then they have to offer you a full refund.

But in this case.... " it's fine but I'm thinking of taking it back"
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    QT 3.14 wrote: »

The OP never mentioned a fault. And as they check phones before accepting them he will need to prove it is actually faulty unless they are feeling generous
  • Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    The OP never mentioned a fault. And as they check phones before accepting them he will need to prove it is actually faulty unless they are feeling generous

Well I think I've found the fault as the microphone seems to be dodgy and people can't hear me when I call them or they call me.
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmeister wrote: »
    Well I think I've found the fault as the microphone seems to be dodgy and people can't hear me when I call them or they call me.

should be easy for you to prove that in the store then.
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    should be easy for you to prove that in the store then.

well if they're thinking is a simple excuse to get a refund they'll do the basic thing of ringing another person in the store and seeing how it sounds and if they've got a second phone of the same make they can then compare it with the customer present
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    well if they're thinking is a simple excuse to get a refund they'll do the basic thing of ringing another person in the store and seeing how it sounds and if they've got a second phone of the same make they can then compare it with the customer present

hence why i said it would be easy to prove (or dis-prove) in store.
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    hence why i said it would be easy to prove (or dis-prove) in store.

was agreeing :) amazing what people think they're legally entitled to versus what they think they're actually entitled to