Options

How are you funding your PS4/Xbox One?

Comments

• Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Put a grand aside last year. Looks like I'll only be needing half that now. Unless M$ took a shot to the conscience after the Sony con. But then again I do like having both consoles. Hmmm.
  • Options
    dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Telling my 9 year old son he needs one for xmas and that Grandad will buy it him. Then talk my son in to sticking with the laptop and ipad and in that way i get a free PS4 or Xbone.

Yes i am a bad father
  • Options
    General LunacyGeneral Lunacy Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will cut back on non-essentials like food etc...
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My money is already saved in my savings account ready to give to Sony. Looking forward to using my mum's 10% discount card at Tesco too :D
  • Options
    Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'll go in for a few of those drug testing medical trials that you get paid for, will sell some blood too, that will cover it...
  • Options
    darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Wonder if us GAME employees are allowed it before release, like we was with the Wii U - a whole 3 days early:p

Either way, staff discount:D
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I only use my PS3 for playing Tiger Woods and watching videos I'll probably stick it out for a while. Having an even more photo realistic Augusta sounds good but not £400 good ;)

I've been a late comer to every generation of console ever released, mainly due to money. I think the closest I ever came was the PS2 which I bought together with a house mate in October 2001. I'm sure we only paid about £200 for it - that sounds too low though . . . .

I got a bargain on my PS3 in 2010 - the 120gb slimline + Black Ops (release week) for £190.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'll go in for a few of those drug testing medical trials that you get paid for, will sell some blood too, that will cover it...

As long as the drugs you test dont send you blind weeks before the console arrives :p
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Got money put aside from selling my Wii U & some 360/PS3 games. Hopefully sell my 360 soon & I'll be able to pay my preorder
  • Options
    Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    As long as the drugs you test dont send you blind weeks before the console arrives :p

haha you have a point, on the other side of the coin maybe i'll develop super powers like spiderman :cool:
  • Options
    Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am just going to put money away monthly...........Easy!, lol.

I'll be keeping the 360 for games like GTA V and Batman Arkham Origins, also games will be stacking up with the 2 free games monthly.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to cash in all the kittens I won playing poker with demons.
  • Options
    Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saving up money and my amazon gift cards!
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to by it on a whim and not even dent my finances
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One shall fake their own death and funnel the life insurance through a swiss bank at the expense of family & friends.....
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be waiting about 2 years after release before I get one. By then I hope to have the money for it saved up. If not, prostitution.
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buy the PS4, put aside a little bit every month so I can buy the best Nvidia 800 series I can when they come out. After flip flopping over what I was going to do this is my final decision. Will definitely get a Wii U sometime in the the next few years when there is a 3D Mario worth caring about, Zelda, Metroid etc.
  • Options
    redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    being a sperm donor £17.50 per useable sample Plus you get to have loads of kids and not have to pay for them.
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    redhatmatt wrote: »
    being a sperm donor £17.50 per useable sample Plus you get to have loads of kids and not have to pay for them.

See post #34 above.
  • Options
    BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will just dip into the bank account. I don't tend to live on the breadline so always have something saved up.
  • Options
    LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Set up a fake charity. You can donate here....www.justgivingto.co.uk/Igotbeatentothe crack,pimpingandprostitutionjokesoamtryingthisinstead.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wont be bothering, i need a new table and chairs
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've changed my mind from the logical answer i gave already earlier

Instead i'm going to call all my closest buddies and form a plan to covertly steals a batch and when that goes wrong we'll just steal the container from the truck carrying the PS4s by attaching some cables and driving it through the streets, crashing into every cop that tries to stop us
  • Options
    gary77gary77 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Already have the money available, but i won't buy on release day as nothing interests me gamewise plus with GTA 5 coming out soon that'll keep me busy for awhile.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas present to myself.