The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• GlassheartGlassheart Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Desperate to hear new Leona music!! Otherwise it will be another winter of playing CWL !!!
  • Eliott1301Eliott1301 Posts: 2,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching Leona on xfactor singing Run and it really makes me hope that she has success this time around and proves she is still current and doesn't need the X factor to do well..

And also to be able to hint to simon that his label is sh*t with her having international success again
  • volume3dvolume3d Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryan produced Gwen Stefani's comeback single, its out in 2 weeks.....He worked with everyone in the business in last year !maybe its time for first Leona's album without Tedder because I don't think he has good material left after all these people he worked for in last year or more
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    volume3d wrote: »
    Ryan produced Gwen Stefani's comeback single, its out in 2 weeks.....He worked with everyone in the business in last year !maybe its time for first Leona's album without Tedder because I don't think he has good material left after all these people he worked for in last year or more

Kinda sad to say it, but maybe you're right. Leona+Ryan are a dream team! But I don't want her to get the same kind of stuff he's giving everyone.
  • Luuk LewisLuuk Lewis Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deanz0rz wrote: »
    Kinda sad to say it, but maybe you're right. Leona+Ryan are a dream team! But I don't want her to get the same kind of stuff he's giving everyone.

I really disagree on this, I mean, I don't want Ryan to write her a song, I want them to write it together. I think they could come up with something special. They just shouldn't let Ryan produce it.
  • Mike91Mike91 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryan's recent stuff hasn't been that great though tbh. There have been a couple exceptions though.
  • katieknolweskatieknolwes Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hoping leona writes a smash like all of me!
  • Jack_Clarke2Jack_Clarke2 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On Instagram leona says she is working with Toby gad who apparently wrote if I were a boy for Beyoncé and big girls don't cry for fergie!
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Instagram leona says she is working with Toby gad who apparently wrote if I were a boy for Beyoncé and big girls don't cry for fergie!

She has already worked with him last month though :)
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure she worked with Toby Gad before too, back in 2010? One of the earliest Glassheart recording sessions she had I think, but the material they created never made the final cut.
  • Jack_Clarke2Jack_Clarke2 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »

Oh I didn't realise hahaa :)
  • EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    Had a dream last night that an old song called "Destiny" leaked and it was amazing and then a new single called "Brook" premiered on radio and it featured Big Sean. I came to the forum and it had 200 new pages LOL!
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the label were happy with what they heard and she's doing further sessions with him.

What is the list of names she's worked with since joining Island? Diane Warren, Toby Gad, Jesse Shatkin and potentially Babyface. Anyone else?
  • Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 years today since Glassheart had its radio premiere. 😱
  • esesohsamesesohsam Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two years today since I met Leona for the first time, outside the radio station after they had just played Glassheart.
  • pokerfaceLelepokerfaceLele Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The wait is killing me :D

This must be the most exciting wait ever since we don't know what to expect.

I don't know if I'd like to be teased with reviews (we got them beforehand during happy era for example) or if I prefer a surprise release like we had with one more sleep.
  • kokoskokos Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The wait is killing me :D

This must be the most exciting wait ever since we don't know what to expect.

I don't know if I'd like to be teased with reviews (we got them beforehand during happy era for example) or if I prefer a surprise release like we had with one more sleep.

I still hope for Ariana Grande scenario-drop the single at EMAs and just let it smash all over the world :cool: :cry:
  • FellenFellen Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Wow, it's the new thread everyone! :D I'm so excited!
    You guys know what, Shayne Ward's page has confirmed his next album gonna be released early next year! :o:D
    Besides John Legend, anyone think that Leona and Shayne should be together and produce a smash!
    I think Leona with Shayne is >>>>>> than with Bruno Mars! :cool::blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Fellen wrote: »
    You guys know what, Shayne Ward's page has confirmed his next album gonna be released early next year! :o:D
    Besides John Legend, anyone think that Leona and Shayne should be together and produce a smash!

I'm going to be polite and leave it at no.
  • VirtuosoVirtuoso Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to be polite and leave it at no.

Shayne can sing but he's nothing special. He struggles with popularity and I can guarantee that it would be the death knell if Leona's career. I think she needs a Kendrick collaboration. I hate Ed Sheeran but would accept a collab if it helped her. I'm thinking the best person would be Sam Smith.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Cassie.. wrote: »
    2 years today since Glassheart had its radio premiere. 😱

Just listening to it now. Still can't believe it wasn't a single. It would have turned the entire campaign around.
  • Bubble_BeamBubble_Beam Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speaking of Sam Smith : I'm gonna go to his concert next year (this year's sold out!)
    I wanted LEONA to be my FIRST EVER concert but i dont know if she's gonna do some gigs this or next year so i chose Sam ( wanted to see LEONA first then ADELE then SAM but well who cares :cool: ).
    Vocally and lyrically these 3 Artists touched me the most so i have to see them at least once in my life :P
    I think s.th gonna come up the next few weeks and i cant wait *_*
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hozier's promo is amazing (same label), I can't wait what they'll do for Leona
  • Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fellen wrote: »

There's more chance of a duet between Leona & Angela Merkel tbh and that would probably be better anyways.
  • AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hozier's promo is amazing (same label), I can't wait what they'll do for Leona

THIS! Leona's promo went downhill after Happy. Except for OMS.
This discussion has been closed.