Doctor Who - The Adventure Games (Help?)

Kane_SmithKane_Smith Posts: 159
Forum Member
Hello guys, I've downloaded the Adventure Games to my PC, however, i go to install it and it says i have to be in the UK to install Doctor Who Adventure Games to my PC... :confused:

Hmm that's odd, i'm In Sheffield, UK where the games were created :p

I've had a check with my ISP, even they have no idea why it's doing it. My Windows is a genuine copy and is a UK Licence product code too. Any ideas? :confused:

Comments

• FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kane_Smith wrote: »
    Hello guys, I've downloaded the Adventure Games to my PC, however, i go to install it and it says i have to be in the UK to install Doctor Who Adventure Games to my PC... :confused:

Hmm that's odd, i'm In Sheffield, UK where the games were created :p

I've had a check with my ISP, even they have no idea why it's doing it. My Windows is a genuine copy and is a UK Licence product code too. Any ideas? :confused:

Did you download the games from the official website?
  • Kane_SmithKane_Smith Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    FIFA1966 wrote: »
    Did you download the games from the official website?

Yep, and Yes i live in the UK. My operating system is a British product key too.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Random guess - since they are no longer available to download for free maybe they put the block that was on non-UK users and applied it to everyone without changing the text? I don't know.

You can buy this game on Steam if you really wanted to play it - http://store.steampowered.com/app/268830/

Better still, this site currently has it in a bundle (the current every Monday bundle) with some other games - https://www.indiegala.com/ It's $1.99 (+VAT) for the next 17 hours or so from the time of me writing this before the price will go up when I expect it will become something like $2.99. The bundle will be live until next Monday. I know it's not as good as free but maybe it's an option for you.

Edit: Maybe you could try to pretend to have a different UK IP address using a VPN or proxy? There's some free ones around like hola - https://hola.org/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    FIFA1966 wrote: »

Again thanks for that, it seems i'm on a Dynamic IP address according to my provider, i've told them this has become a barrier to install any region locked programs, however he's stated that the IP's are UK based so they have no idea why it's doing it, mind you the games were released in 2010 with a buggy IP Geo tech program on the exe files so it doesn't recognise that these days, standard users get Dynamics rather than static IPs
  • Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid I can't offer any technical help here, but all I can do is assure you you're missing nothing but a boatload of alternating frustration and utter boredom. They were resoundingly terrible games.
    Forum Member
    Tony Tiger wrote: »
    I'm afraid I can't offer any technical help here, but all I can do is assure you you're missing nothing but a boatload of alternating frustration and utter boredom. They were resoundingly terrible games.

I got cracked versions instead, and they're okay i just wanted to use 3D Maker programs to capture the image of the Tardis and Characters in the process of making my own version of the Adventure Games hopefully get them to work by recoding them to emulate on a Console too. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kane_Smith wrote: »
    I got cracked versions instead, and they're okay i just wanted to use 3D Maker programs to capture the image of the Tardis and Characters in the process of making my own version of the Adventure Games hopefully get them to work by recoding them to emulate on a Console too. :cool:

I pretty much doubt that the games will work on Consoles because these games were designed with a sole purpose on playing them on a PC, not on a Console.