Claude on Solomon - Your Thoughts?

ClackersClackers Posts: 628
Forum Member
✭✭
Was that tirade deserved? I felt sorry for him, it looked like he was going to cry in that interview. :(

Comments

• wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Television nonsense.......that silly old arsehole does it every year....tv stunt.Yawn.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After really overdoing how great he thought his CV was it was really obvious he was setting him up to tear into him.
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    Pantomime. Just there to make good TV.
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Complete power trip. Such an arrogant tit. Who does he think he is talking to someone like that?
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I felt like it was an over-exaggerated reaction in order to create a 'moment'.
    Funny thing is that it may have then been overshadowed by Bianca getting emotional, as that has never happened before.
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Claude in UKip ?
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Claude in UKip ?

:D:D

Claudes a bellicose tosspot. Totally unnecessary.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    Complete power trip. Such an arrogant tit. Who does he think he is talking to someone like that?

The business plan was like a kids school project
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,165
    Forum Member
    Indeed, he really went too far in the name of entertainment. I know Solomon isn't much cop but that wasn't on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Is Claude in UKip ?

with a name like his he would be a confused soul
  • WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    The business plan was like a kids school project

The business plan was known when Solomon first applied. It looks to me as if the only reason he was made an apprentice in the first place was so that his business plan could be made fun of.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I do think Solomon was immature in making his business plan look like a school project, but Claude was an absolute bastard in how he treated him. SO rude.
  • Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Claude has always been a bit of bulldog, but I think he did have a point. For heaven's sake, don't these candidates look back at previous programmes? Every criticism of business plans and lack of preparation have been listed in almost every other series, so why are candidates STILL making the same, schoolboy errors? Surely preparation is vital, or is there a level of arrogance among each years group?

Groundhog day or what?
  • BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I didn't know better, I'd say that the producers ordered him to recreate what he did with Jordan last year, and Solomon was the only candidate who he could do it to while making it look even vaguely realistic.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    WinterFire wrote: »
    The business plan was known when Solomon first applied. It looks to me as if the only reason he was made an apprentice in the first place was so that his business plan could be made fun of.

And roisins was also taken apart. It wasn't just Solomon.
  • JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last year's attack on Jordan was worse.. Solomon seemed to treat the thing like a joke so I wasn't surprised her got that reaction.
  • Marie4evaMarie4eva Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an idiot! He looked like he would lick Sugar's soles clean in the boardroom!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    He was over-dramatic as usual (that's why I love Claude) but I still think the tirade was deserved. Eight page business plan.. or 4 when you exclude the pages with the images.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WinterFire wrote: »

It crossed my mind that Sol was 'in it for the experience', and didn't really want to go into business with LS.

I can hardly believe such a clever chap, who'd obviously researched how to do a cv, wouldn't have researched a business plan.

To be honest, I wouldn't blame Sol at all for this. It's all a bit of a farce anyway.
  • ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The complete 180 Claude did on him was absolutely brilliant. I just knew after applaud him on his CV, he would lash right into him. Quite harsh, but it was good TV :D.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Claude in UKip ?
    :D

That was way OTT and made Claude look like an ignorant bully IMO

In saying that though, Solomon was stupid in the extreme to submit what he did and a quick Google search and a Word template would have solved his problem.

For such a seemingly intelligent man, that was a pretty lame effort.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Pathetic business plan. A mockery of those who actually bothered to work on their plans. A typical 'entrepreneur' who will never come to anything. Take it from someone who runs their own successful business, if he can't even be arsed to create a proper plan, he will never have enough real drive to be successful.
    Claude should have been harsher.
  • brewer480brewer480 Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was a real shame to see it all unfold. I still dont think anyone reslly knew his business plan as he kept it all in his head. May have been really good but we'll never know. Claude could have given Solomon the opportunity to explain it.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Clackers wrote: »
    Was that tirade deserved? I felt sorry for him, it looked like he was going to cry in that interview. :(

Just done for fun - for our viewing pleasure!
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brewer480 wrote: »
    Was a real shame to see it all unfold. I still dont think anyone reslly knew his business plan as he kept it all in his head. May have been really good but we'll never know. Claude could have given Solomon the opportunity to explain it.

Absolutely! That's the thing that infuriates me! Claude was bang out of order. Everyone else was given a chance.

He told him to get out, Sol turned around and asked Claude if he could be given a chance to explain his business and Claude just said get out. Why not let him sit down for him to tell him what the plan is? Okay, it might not be written on paper but i'm sure he could have told it to him anyway and if Claude had any questions he could have asked. What harm would that have done?

Feels like it was done just for tv purposes.