Iphone to samsung galaxy note3 should I ?

satman17satman17 Posts: 2,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As the title says I'm quickly falling out of love with whole apple iphone, and the total bull+++ that comes from the company ie let's launch a 5C which is a iphone 5 but plastic, I have been playing with the note3 and extremely impressed with the feel of the phone, so why shouldn't I change?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    Do it!

Note 3 will be my next phone ....
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    satman17 wrote: »
    As the title says I'm quickly falling out of love with whole apple iphone, and the total bull+++ that comes from the company ie let's launch a 5C which is a iphone 5 but plastic, I have been playing with the note3 and extremely impressed with the feel of the phone, so why shouldn't I change?

You'll need big pockets :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    He's already tried it so I suspect will be fully aware of it's size.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to make the change, I say go for it. The Note 3 looks like a good device.
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    No competition note 3 better in every way possible, don't know why your even thinking about it .. just do it.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going from a perfectly pocketable phone to a un-pocketable phone would be the biggest down point for me. Any apps you've bought you'll have to buy again too.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    Going from a perfectly pocketable phone to a un-pocketable phone would be the biggest down point for me. Any apps you've bought you'll have to buy again too.

Just don't please.

You know the note will fit in pretty much any pocket right? My pal has his note in his jeans and work trouser pockets every day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Just don't please.

You know the note will fit in pretty much any pocket right? My pal has his note in his jeans and work trouser pockets every day.

In jeans pocket, really? I'm amazed they aren't afraid of breaking it every time they sit down.

Although I joke about the size of the phone (but mainly because of how big it is when held to your head), there is no denying it is a big phone.
    Forum Member

although if you want something that is HD that you can actually see properly instead of a training phone it's the way to go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Most of the Android versions are free. Apps tend to cost less on the Play Store as well.
    Forum Member
    kidspud wrote: »
    In jeans pocket, really? I'm amazed they aren't afraid of breaking it every time they sit down.

Although I joke about the size of the phone (but mainly because of how big it is when held to your head), there is no denying it is a big phone.

Yep, in his jeans pocket and his work trousers. No breakages.

It is a big phone however.
    Forum Member
    Tiny compared to some of the other phones out there, this will be the standard size soon. I don't think there is any top notch phone now below 4.3 inches which everyone thought huge once.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, in his jeans pocket and his work trousers. No breakages.

It is a big phone however.

Or a small tablet. To me its a compromise either way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    Tiny compared to some of the other phones out there, this will be the standard size soon. I don't think there is any top notch phone now below 4.3 inches which everyone thought huge once.

It would be interesting to know what the screen size sells the most.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'd never own a phone that's bigger than my hand, a "mobile" phone needs to be just that for me, if it doesn't fit comfortably in my pocket(and so I can sit down without repositioning it) then it's too big.

That's why I'm happy with the iphone 5/5s size, slip it into your pocket and you wouldn't even know it's there.
    Forum Member
    It would be interesting to know what the screen size sells the most.

would it why?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think 4.3 - 4.8" is a decent sized screen. I don't have any pocketing issues with the Nexus 4, perhaps it helps that it's also very thin.

I think 4.9" onwards can be awkward to use especially with one hand, but everyone is different and some may prefer it. I'm just glad that with Android, I can take my apps and account onto devices of all kinds of shapes and sizes. :)
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling the n5 might be 5"

Also screen size is a red herring some phones have tiny screens but are huge overall nearly as big as proper phones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    would it why?

To better understand what the market actually wants and are buying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I think 4.3 - 4.8" is a decent sized screen. I don't have any pocketing issues with the Nexus 4, perhaps it helps that it's also very thin.

I think 4.9" onwards can be awkward to use especially with one hand, but everyone is different and some may prefer it. I'm just glad that with Android, I can take my apps and account onto devices of all kinds of shapes and sizes. :)

To a point, yes. I would really like to get a premium replacement for my ace 2, but no one does one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    Well I'd never own a phone that's bigger than my hand, a "mobile" phone needs to be just that for me, if it doesn't fit comfortably in my pocket(and so I can sit down without repositioning it) then it's too big.

That's why I'm happy with the iphone 5/5s size, slip it into your pocket and you wouldn't even know it's there.

The iPhone 5/5S for me is to small and the stretched screen for me anyway looks very odd.
    Forum Member
    Or a small tablet. To me its a compromise either way.

As long as it fits in the pocket which it does, then to me its fine. No compromise. I don't have one simply as im not overly keen on Samsung phones these days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as it fits in the pocket which it does, then to me its fine. No compromise. I don't have one simply as im not overly keen on Samsung phones these days.

:eek: you've changed :)
    Forum Member

yes techradar rate it the fastest mobile phone in the world so looks like it is pretty fast agreed