I think I have worked out who John Hurt is OMG, and it makes sense too.

garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
Forum Member
The copy Doctor at the end of season 4 was sent with Rose to another place because he committed Genocide against the Dalek Race.

The Doctor even told Rose he will grow old like you.

So Surely this is him?

An Older David Tennant Doctor Who.

he is/was a Doctor.

he will grow old.

he has commited Genocide NOT in the name of the Doctor

Comments

• FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    No it doesn't make sense :S
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    If they wanted that I think they would just slap some old man make up on Tennant
  • Banks246Banks246 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Errrm sorry no, this doesn't make sense to me at all...sorry. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it isn't. I am not a fan of the theory. It could work, just personally hope not.
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    I hope it isn't. I am not a fan of the theory. It could work, just personally hope not.

i cant see it done any other way without disrupting the order of the doctor numbers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garbage456 wrote: »
    i cant see it done any other way without disrupting the order of the doctor numbers.

It doesn't have to be permanent. It could be a temporary problem that can be reset like Turn Left.
  • human naturehuman nature Posts: 13,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's probably the whole point though - the order of the doctor numbers is going to change!
    Forum Member
    That's probably the whole point though - the order of the doctor numbers is going to change!

we always get fake promises and question that are never answered so again i cant see the numbers changing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why everyone thinks an extra incarnation would ever need to be reset?
    Forum Member

I do think that is the plan and why they said it would change Doctor Who making all the Doctors in Nu Who a different number is game changer
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Copied from another thread!
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    No it makes no sense, that Doctor is in a parallel Earth with no Tardis...how would he have gotten to Trenzalore! It is also a secret of the Doctor's something he remembers doing and was so bad it reduced him to tears!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm well when you think about it, surely there has to be mroe to this than the time war, as this is the Doctor's greatest ever secret.

Well it's not really a secret that he ended the time war is it, told loads of people about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Surely this is the doctor that ended the time war by destroying his own race.
  • YorkshireKatYorkshireKat Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm confused...I thought it was self explanatory that this was a past doctor and one Smith was aware of and ashamed of? that's the gist I got from it? plus with all the references there has been to the time war he likley has something to do with it..where are all the theories that he is a future/aged/twin/valeyard/etc etc coming from...what did I miss :p
    Forum Member
    Banks246 wrote: »
    Hmmm well when you think about it, surely there has to be mroe to this than the time war, as this is the Doctor's greatest ever secret.

Well it's not really a secret that he ended the time war is it, told loads of people about it.

I said this in another thread

The 10th Doctor said something like when your born into War it makes you a little crazy (not those exact words but it's what he was getting at)

Maybe this Doctor was born into The Time War and did indeed end it but after that found he just couldn't stop killing and what's more he liked killing as that was what that incarnation was born to do so he started killing innocent people maybe even a companion.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Banks246 wrote: »

Yes but he has never said HOW he ended it other than he time locked it and that they were all dead!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    The Valeyard perhaps? or at least the Doctor that BECAME the valeyard It did say ALL the doctors from his entire timeline, therefore Doctors 12 and 13 as well as the fact that he's crossed into his own time stream. Possibly causing things (like potential doctors/incarnations to appear) to leak through. Great to see glimpses of the previous Doctors though...
  • Shandyman81Shandyman81 Posts: 349
    Forum Member

Just cos you can't see it done, doesn't mean it can't really be done ;)

Your theory makes no sense, as 11 knew who he was and said hurt was him. Also the fact that 11 said specifically, to Clara saying to 11 that he's the 11th doctor "I said he was me, I never said he was the Doctor" meaning that he will be referred to as something else. something like The Forgotten or something like that. 11 still is the 11th Doctor, tennant is still the 10th, etc.....
    Forum Member

Your theory makes no sense, as 11 knew who he was and said hurt was him. Also the fact that 11 said specifically, to Clara saying to 11 that he's the 11th doctor "I said he was me, I never said he was the Doctor" meaning that he will be referred to as something else. something like The Forgotten or something like that. 11 still is the 11th Doctor, tennant is still the 10th, etc.....

The doctor with rose was no longer a doctor as he committed genocide. And he will grow old. Both theories matched up.

I think my theory makes perfect sense. It's fine to disagree with it but for every one to say it makes no sense is a little rude IMHO.

I have taken the 2 issues that go together and they fit. I am not saying it is right just that with the past that we do know it would make sense.
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The copy Doctor at the end of season 4 was sent with Rose to another place because he committed Genocide against the Dalek Race.

The Doctor even told Rose he will grow old like you.

So Surely this is him?

An Older David Tennant Doctor Who.

he is/was a Doctor.

he will grow old.

he has commited Genocide NOT in the name of the Doctor

Older David Tennant is Gollum, not John Hurt
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    The doctor with rose was no longer a doctor as he committed genocide. And he will grow old. Both theories matched up.

I think my theory makes perfect sense. It's fine to disagree with it but for every one to say it makes no sense is a little rude IMHO.

I have taken the 2 issues that go together and they fit. I am not saying it is right just that with the past that we do know it would make sense.

We have seen old David T before and he looked nothing like john hurt
  • Shandyman81Shandyman81 Posts: 349
    Forum Member

No, your theory makes no sense. If he was the doctor from the other universe, how come 11 knows who he is and speaks about being him and doing his actions? The one from the other universe is a seperate person. There's no logic to your theory.

Pointing out flaws with your theory is not being rude.
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member

This is my interpretation too.

This is an incarnation who lost the right to be known as The Doctor due to his actions - he did not act 'in the name of the Doctor' so was known by another name. Hence while 11 said 'he is me' he does not regard him as another Doctor.

I suspect his existence slots between McGann and Eccleston in the story arc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that it's the Timelord that locked the Timewar... He's not the Doctor as the Doctor is defined by travelling in the Tardis and having companions... The Doctor is a role played by this man... But this incarnation of him did terrible things... As the psychic said... He has a sliver of ice in his heart.
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way I took what 11 said, is that Hurt is 0. The person that once he regenerated into 1(Hartnell), became the Doctor and ran from Gallifrey and who he was before he was "The Doctor"