Options

Doctor Who DVD Questions.

FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
Forum Member
✭✭✭
1. Is every episode that is not missing on DVD?

2. When it comes to the missing episodes, do I watch the episodes online or not?

Comments

• Options
    TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a single episode that has not been released on DVD: the recently found episode of The Underwater Menace. We are waiting for The Underwater Menace to be released on DVD.
  • Options
    Mr SetaMr Seta Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Theophile wrote: »
    There is a single episode that has not been released on DVD: the recently found episode of The Underwater Menace. We are waiting for The Underwater Menace to be released on DVD.

I wonder if this bugs the Restoration Team? Spending so long, doing such a great job of restoring and releasing each story and each episode and putting them out on DVD, doing all of them across 14 years, all bar one, stand alone episode...

I know it would annoy me if I was in their shoes!

...that's if there is just one to restore and finally release
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Seta wrote: »
    I wonder if this bugs the Restoration Team? Spending so long, doing such a great job of restoring and releasing each story and each episode and putting them out on DVD, doing all of them across 14 years, all bar one, stand alone episode...

I know it would annoy me if I was in their shoes!

...that's if there is just one to restore and finally release

The current theory is that it has not been completed with animation (or reconstruction) and released because, hopefully, Phillip Morris will be returning the missing episodes soon so that it can be released in full. However, I like y'all, are in the dark about all of this, so this is just a theory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want to watch the classic series, but how?

Buy the DVD's, even though I cannot find a website that has a list of all the releases

or

Download them online?
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIFA1966 wrote: »
    Buy the DVD's, even though I cannot find a website that has a list of all the releases

Here is that list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_DVD_and_Blu-ray_releases

:)

If you look at the Eleventh Doctor releases, it mentions that on the 8th September, a 50th Anniversary box set is due out. It will contain all of the 'Of The Doctor' episodes, plus the 2013 DW Proms show, An Adventure in Space and Time and the Five(Ish) Doctors Reboot.

It also mentions that the first episode of Peter Capaldi's Doctor is out on DVD in R1 USA in September, whereas we over here, are not getting it on DVD until November!

That's bad! That makes me so angry! >:( >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    Here is that list:

If you look at the Eleventh Doctor releases, it mentions that on the 8th September, a 50th Anniversary box set is due out. It will contain all of the 'Of The Doctor' episodes, plus the 2013 DW Proms show, An Adventure in Space and Time and the Five(Ish) Doctors Reboot.

It also mentions that the first episode of Peter Capaldi's Doctor is out on DVD in R1 USA in September, whereas we over here, are not getting it on DVD until November!

How the hell can they release the first episode of PC's era soon after August 23rd?

Lessons will not be learned.
  • Options
    Mr SetaMr Seta Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    Here is that list:

Wow, that might be a first, a US Doctor Who DVD release ahead of either the UK or Australasia -? What about Canada too?
    hmmm, speaking of which you don't seem to hear much from Canadian fans, there must be some out there. The western part of the country is probably more Anglified than the US so you'd assume so (& they have at least screened An Unearthly Child by now) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Seta wrote: »
    Wow, that might be a first, a US Doctor Who DVD release ahead of either the UK or Australasia -? What about Canada too?
    hmmm, speaking of which you don't seem to hear much from Canadian fans, there must be some out there. The western part of the country is probably more Anglified than the US so you'd assume so (& they have at least screened An Unearthly Child by now) :D

An Adventure in Space and Time has been released on Bluray here in the US, but it has not as of yet been released in the UK on bluray (it's in the forthcoming 50th Anniversary Boxset).

Also, I believe that the Key to Time was released in the US first.

Although you are almost correct; it is not quite a first, but it is very rare. :)