Options

Edting Error Revealed Winner Early Tonight

First of all - the "jungle camp" bits of the show weren't live tonight, even the bits where Ant & Dec went into jungle to tell them results and interview them. Only Ant & Decs links and the actual in "studio" interviews were live tonight. They must have been recording the winner announcement in the jungle camp as soon as the lines had closed and while we were watching VT's of the series highlights and stuff.

About a third of the way through the show just after Jimmy Whites interview i think, they were about to go to a break and said "and after the break we'll find out who comes first" or something along those lines. Then they showed a VT of Gino raising his hands in victory and looking all happy.

If you then watch the end of the show where Ginos told hes won "live" its the exact same video you saw earlier.

I guess they do it so its easier to get the jungle contestants in and out of the camp quickly and get the ex-contestants into camp on time for the result announcement but silly continuity mistake lol.

:D

Comments

• Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Bit like the jail trial when Stuart faced Joe Bugner. We saw a clip of Stu back in the camp afterwards - before they showed the trial itself - so we knew Stu had won.
  • Options
    ShedheddShedhedd Posts: 1,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people watch and read far too much into it.

Why not enjoy it for what it is without inspecting and dissecting every little fragment.

You could also say that during the opening titles of the finale, we knew that Kim was doing the starters, Gino was doing the eating (for the main meal) and Jimmy was on desserts.

Who cares who did what and when, it was a good show throughout the entire series, and the best one so far.
  • Options
    cyrilsneercyrilsneer Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah they made a few silly mistakes. I guess tonights tho was more down to them having to record the "in camp" stuff so quickly once the lines had closed to get it edited and ready for the end of the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shedhedd wrote: »
    Some people watch and read far too much into it.

Why not enjoy it for what it is without inspecting and dissecting every little fragment.

Didn't say it made a difference or was anythin to CARE about. Just thought it was something that was interesting to some people. I dont agree this was the best series. To be honest people always say that after every series and this series was just more of the same they done every single series since S1.

I guess in the same way i could say if you arent interested maybe you should have just moved on and not bothered to post. :o
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I need to pay closer attention because I did not notice that.

These little mistakes amuse me, so thanks Cyril.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't agree because IMO this was the best series.
    I guess in the same way i could say if you arent interested maybe you should have just moved on and not bothered to post

I didn't say I wasn't interested, I merely pointed out that some people read too much into what is going on, they try and dissect events too much and end up with a conspiracy theory.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I didn't say I wasn't interested, I merely pointed out that some people read too much into what is going on, they try and dissect events too much and end up with a conspiracy theory.

No conspiracy - just a c*ck up x2!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh right. No, not saying conspiracy. All this happened after lines closed.

I would agree about best series if they hadn't spent all the money on Price and made it her show for the first week. A few bigger celebs filling the places of the couple of dull ones would have made it even better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Yeah i wouldnt call it a huge mistake, but i did notice that there was no 'live' graphic when they announced the winner.
  • Options
    daddy66daddy66 Posts: 12,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, OP:)...I'm a fan of continuity errors!
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Was it the best series because your fav won.
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Or maybe it was live and this is the only way they can get out of it.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »

I guess its open to peoples opinion which IAC has been the best. But I think Gino has been the best winner, but not the best series IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I doubt Ant and Dec would leave - a free 3 week holiday in Australia during the winter and lots of dosh for reading an autocue. Why would they want to leave the show that gives them their highest ratings!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyrilsneer wrote: »
    I would agree about best series if they hadn't spent all the money on Price and made it her show for the first week. A few bigger celebs filling the places of the couple of dull ones would have made it even better.

It's a shame there was a wasted week of the Pricey show really as the bitys before and after she was there made for a really good series. Without her, I think it would have been a really vintage year.
  • Options
    Ms BrightsideMs Brightside Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know a lot of the jungle bits haven't been live this year, if only for the lack of the "Live" sign in the bottom left corner, presumably to give the celebrities time to get out of camp for the interview. But i thought it was live last night, i'm sure there was a "live" sign in the bottom corner when they announced the winner??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know a lot of the jungle bits haven't been live this year, if only for the lack of the "Live" sign in the bottom left corner, presumably to give the celebrities time to get out of camp for the interview. But i thought it was live last night, i'm sure there was a "live" sign in the bottom corner when they announced the winner??

Whether they had the sign or not, it couldnt have been live, since they'd already shown the vt of gino winning lol.
  • Options
    Simon CowSimon Cow Posts: 2,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember seeing the clip that the Op mentions and thinking; That looks like he has just been told he had won" - But dismissed it and carried on watching.

I should have compared the exact shot with the wining shot to see if it was indeed the exactly the same but was more interested in other things and so forgot about it.

But a major cock-up if true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No to that question, I enjoyed the whole thing because there was no backstabbing, no sneaking to the bushes to bitch about their fellow celebs, as we have seen in previous years.
    Any bitching was done in camp and upfront.
    They had such a camaraderie this year, they all looked out for, and cared about each other.

I wanted Gino to win, but would have been equally happy if it had been Kim or Jimmy.
  • Options
    DeemapantsDeemapants Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Can anyone upload both clips so we can see this for ourselves?
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the OP on about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1i0eMcgoqU

(the little VT before the break bumper)

They can't have announced it beforehand because the phone lines were still open...

I'm not sure what the OP mentions was an error when all the other celebrites were there... to me it all seemed live. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Is the OP on about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1i0eMcgoqU

(the little VT before the break bumper)

They can't have announced it beforehand because the phone lines were still open...

I'm not sure what the OP mentions was an error when all the other celebrites were there... to me it all seemed live. :confused:

No before that DMN ... its earlier, just before a bumper. It was a close up shot of him and when the final announcement is made they do go to a close up shot of him raising his arms where u dont see the other celebs. Come to think of it, yes the lines must still have been open for the final 2- maybe Gino was so far ahead in the voting they took a chance to record it.

Its obviously meant to seem live but it isnt ... they have pre-recorded a lot of it this series.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cyrilsneer wrote: »
    No before that DMN ... its earlier, just before a bumper. It was a close up shot of him and when the final announcement is made they do go to a close up shot of him raising his arms where u dont see the other celebs. Come to think of it, yes the lines must still have been open for the final 2- maybe Gino was so far ahead in the voting they took a chance to record it.

Its obviously meant to seem live but it isnt ... they have pre-recorded a lot of it this series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuRjbXurfEg @ 04:12?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYkeCMK5Wf4 @ 01:31?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    In the 1st clip he is not wearing the same clothes as when winner announced.

In the 2nd clip Jimmy is still there in the background walking away and Gino is raising his arms in celebration of merely being in the top 2.

Maybe the OP is mistaken about seeing the error?