tracystapes's tale of Tesco woes (merged)

Comments

• agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    vinba wrote: »
    Perhaps it was an order for 400 jars of Vaseline and doesn't want the neighbours to start talking! :eek:

It was 400 jars of Vaseline and a Radio Times.
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading this whilst trying to decide what to add to my Tesco online shopping order lol

What did you order this time?
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Do people genuinely find this kind of thread funny?
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    I don't believe you're genuine, but just incase you are, I think you could do with seeing a doctor, you worry way too much about small things.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Okay I booked a slot between 12-1pm. It is not 13:20 so came online (to tesco website) to see if I'd accidently chose the wrong date or something. However got the shock to see it saying "status: delivered".

It's not arrived?! What do I do? I assume someone's signed for it if it's gone to the wrong house but I've not even seen a tesco delivery van go up this road today.

I'm panicking now. Who do I ring?

Ghostbusters.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have horses there.

A one trick pony should feel right at home!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We really need to set up the OP on a date with Petertard, I think they will be a match made in DS heaven
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thunderbird One to Tesco Customer Support: Please advise regarding your current situation.
    Customer Support: Och, the wee sassanach lass were panicky ooover nooothin'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I think you should order from Asda next time if you have having trouble with Tesco all the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never Nude wrote: »
    We really need to set up the OP on a date with Petertard, I think they will be a match made in DS heaven

You mean they don't dwell under the same bridge already?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,512
    Forum Member

I'm panicking now. Who do I ring?

Your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first one of these was epic. This is like a crappy straight-to-DVD sequel.
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Tesco accept bridges as a legitimate delivery address.
  • Hildas HairnetHildas Hairnet Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Casual wrote: »
    Your last made-up Tesco thread wasn't funny and this one isn't either.

Agree with this.

God help us all if the Radio Times is last weeks.

Perhaps the Delivery Driver hasnt been battling with the snow or dealing with moronic customers, perhaps he's been reading your Radio Times ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »

Got to admit this is like Jaws 4 :(
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never Nude wrote: »
    Got to admit this is like Jaws 4 :(

At least Jaws 4 had a roaring shark :mad:
  • allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »

With no bonus material extra DVD either. Pants!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Has anyone said "first world problems" yet? If not, I'd quite like to take it, thanks.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Has anyone said "first world problems" yet? If not, I'd quite like to take it, thanks.

Knock y'self out.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once slept through doorbell calls and knocks when my 10AM delivery was made. :o In my defence, I was on a late-night shift (8PM - 6AM) to work on the Asia desk and so, I somehow nodded off on sofa.

I phoned Tesco to find out whether it would be possible to have it re-delivered later in the day. I was told in events like this, I would have to place another order for the next day. Fair enough.

About ten minutes later, I received a call that the driver was happy to drop it off on his way back to the local branch. And he did, bless him.

Just wanted to share a happy story. :o
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae - you seem to labouring under the misapprehension that any of Tracy's tales are true and thought you'd throw in one of your own. Please edit your post and add several embellishments, a couple of outright lies and throw in a whimsical fantasy about a jar of half-eaten horse radish.
  • FlufanFlufan Posts: 2,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious as to how "literally freaking out" is different from "freaking out". OP, would you mind elaborating somewhat please, with some medical/emotional detail?

Thanks!
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flufan wrote: »
    I'm curious as to how "literally freaking out" is different from "freaking out"
    Have you not seen Alien?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it's like one of those jokes you find that everyone likes when you first tell it, but if you then tell it again a few weeks later, it has none of the impact ..

At least Bob adds a bit of variety every time he posts how sh*t life is and how much he hates his sister and will be single forever :)
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    I don't think we need to get the law involved at this stage.

As for your missed delivery of KY Jelly, just use washing up liquid or a hand wash.