2»

Comments

• exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    IV in June for me.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    LuckyM2012 wrote: »
    started off with hayfever, now a hayfever with a cold and bad throat in the sun it just feels urgh.

that sounds like hay fever too, mine is like that sometimes, my mother doesn`t get hayfever often but when she does she feels like she has flu[:eek:].
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    I haven't been ill for years. I remember a cold three years ago when I moved house, but nothing since.
  • bluewomble88bluewomble88 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently in bed and off work for the rest of the week. I've already had time off over the last few weeks and I've been ill for 7 weeks total now with various things. I keep going back to work when I'm not fully fit and then regressing.
  • RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    This is day 8 of feeling Ill for me, Started with swollen glands, which has lead to a viral infection, which has now triggered Hayfever, of which I've been put on to tablets for which are making me feel light headed and nauseous, add the factor of me having asthma which has resulted in the past 8 days being on the whole being pretty terrible for me..
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Never had a problem with hay fever before.

And surely hay fever would recur throughout spring/summer as the pollen count rises, rather than being just 1 day the whole season?

I only suffer from hay fever when it's quite bad, like this year due to a delayed spring - trees came into blossom all at the same time ( releasing pollen ) rather than gradually as they usually do. Only people who are sensitive to pollen get hay fever all year round, we all differ.

Not saying you had hay fever, just that it was possible. :)

Interestingly, blocked noses aren't caused by either pollen itself or the cold virus but through your body closing off an entrance door, stopping any further pollen or virus from getting in.
  • Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't be ill for the rest of the year or I'll get sacked :(
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Never had a problem with hay fever before.

And surely hay fever would recur throughout spring/summer as the pollen count rises, rather than being just 1 day the whole season?

it depends which pollens set you off.
  • LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    I can't be ill for the rest of the year or I'll get sacked :(

Do they think you're skiving when you're off? Send them some evidence like snot filled hankies and bowls full of phlegm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LykkieLi wrote: »
    Do they think you're skiving when you're off? Send them some evidence like snot filled hankies and bowls full of phlegm.

It's almost as if they think I'm taking advantage, but it's not always a Monday and only once was I off for 2 days, but yet I'm still on watch because I've been off 3 times so far in 12 months.. Stupid new regulations! It's just during the past 6 months in over 3 years that I've worked here that I've been off.

I put it down to quitting smoking, keep getting all sorts of one day bugs.
  • LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    It's almost as if they think I'm taking advantage, but it's not always a Monday and only once was I off for 2 days, but yet I'm still on watch because I've been off 3 times so far in 12 months.. Stupid new regulations! It's just during the past 6 months in over 3 years that I've worked here that I've been off.

I put it down to quitting smoking, keep getting all sorts of one day bugs.

It's horrible when you're ill and you feel obliged to go in anyway because they don't believe you. The real skivvers know how to get around these new checking systems, they know about the timings so slip under the radar. Whereas you end up under suspicion because you didn't have longer than a day or 2 off.
    It's pathetic. Take vitamin supplements though and have some sort of evidence that you are trying to fight the bugs.
    Everything's about evidence these days.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best way to avoid stuff like this is to keep away from other people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite difficult, working in a school full of snotty kids :D