Jill Dando link to paedophile investigation

too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I seem to recall that there were quite a few rumours around during the Lord McAlpine fiasco that Jill Dando's murder was linked to her intention to expose a paedophile ring. It looks as though the main stream media has just picked up on this....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2698820/Murdered-Crimewatch-presenter-Jill-Dando-tried-bosses-investigate-alleged-paeodphile-ring-inside-BBC-no-one-wanted-know.html

Comments

• skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There may have course be truth in it, personally I don't think so, if a secretive ring wanted her silent they would have thought of less headline grabbing ways , an accident a heart attack etc her killing was violent and attracted attention not something I would have thought a secretive ring would want
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was gunned down on her doorstep. Nobody saw or heard anything. Imagine if she knew the person from the BBC, she wouldn't be alarmed at all and wouldn't even scream.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    She was gunned down on her doorstep. Nobody saw or heard anything. Imagine if she knew the person from the BBC, she wouldn't be alarmed at all and wouldn't even scream.

I doubt they would do it themselves though....The 'Hitman' would be a stranger to her
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I know for sure is that it was obviously not Barry George. It would be interesting to learn who first brought him into the equation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I reckon Jim fixed it.
  • too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I know for sure is that it was obviously not Barry George. It would be interesting to learn who first brought him into the equation.

Wasn't he an avid fan? If so then there were probably plenty at the BBC familiar with him and it made him easy to frame.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon Jim fixed it.
    Given some of the rumours about Jimmy...
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon Jim fixed it.
    But the guy who done it could never wear the badge. Oh well, them's the breaks.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    There may have course be truth in it, personally I don't think so, if a secretive ring wanted her silent they would have thought of less headline grabbing ways , an accident a heart attack etc her killing was violent and attracted attention not something I would have thought a secretive ring would want

True, but being able to pin it on the local weirdo would have softened that blow somewhat...

...not that I'm saying that's what happened, but this shit DOES seem slightly less far-fetched than it used to.
  • too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    True, but being able to pin it on the local weirdo would have softened that blow somewhat...

...not that I'm saying that's what happened, but this shit DOES seem slightly less far-fetched than it used to.

Exactly. Eighteen months ago it sounded such a giant leap of logic yet now I'm wondering how many others tried to bring abuse to the attention of the authorities and it was stopped one way or another. The one thing with the Jill Dando investigation was that they couldn't find any skeletons in her background - therefore she couldn't be blackmailed to keep quiet whereas others probably could...?
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Possibly some truth in she knew something was going on. I doubt she was murdered cause of that. Stranger things have happened.
  • TerryallgoldTerryallgold Posts: 1,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Professional hit by one of her rivals was my conclusion. Just look at who got her job. So obvious ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Dando was friends with the forever "young one" British singer, who now lives in Barbados, after renouncing his UK citizenship, and has a home in Portugal, not a stones throw from where Madeline Mccan went missing, and who happened to be listed as a visitor to the Elm Guest house. Also her ex fiance, Alan Farthing, is still good friends with the above mentioned singer who likes "summer holidays", and now Farthing is also the Queen's Surgeon-Gynaecologist, and oversaw the pregnancy of Kate Middleton. Is all this something or nothing?????
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member

Probably just a case of him fitting the profile police would look for when a famous person is murdered. Obsessed fan, history of mental problems, bit of a loner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_george

I doubt he did it (mostly because it looks like a professional hit) but looking at his history I'm not surprised he would draw attention to investigators.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SmoSpy wrote: »
    Dando was friends with the forever "young one" British singer, who now lives in Barbados, after renouncing his UK citizenship, and has a home in Portugal, not a stones throw from where Madeline Mccan went missing, and who happened to be listed as a visitor to the Elm Guest house. Also her ex fiance, Alan Farthing, is still good friends with the above mentioned singer who likes "summer holidays", and now Farthing is also the Queen's Surgeon-Gynaecologist, and oversaw the pregnancy of Kate Middleton. Is all this something or nothing?????

I would say it is all putting two and two together and coming up with 5.

Off topic but the bit about Elm Guest House, sorry but it is a known fact that in some dodgy places people will write names of other people often famous people , after all if you were visiting an establishment where illegal acts were going on would you really enter your actual name ? One famous name was already eliminated from the so called list after police spoke to the children involved.
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    The rumour that she was about to do some sort of political expose relating to child abuse has been circulating and gathering strength since the day of her death, and stronger still since Barry George's acquittal.

With all of the dark stuff covered up now starting to come to light, this seriously would not surprise me
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the police back than were too quick in getting someone that they claimed had murdered Jill Dando. I knew back then that something was wrong with how quick they were to claim that they'd caught her killer. Just goes to show how slap dash and probably corrupt they were with this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rumour that she was about to do some sort of political expose relating to child abuse has been circulating and gathering strength since the day of her death, and stronger still since Barry George's acquittal.

With all of the dark stuff covered up now starting to come to light, this seriously would not surprise me

Without getting all biblical and whatever, evil will probably do whatever it takes to carry on with its mission.
  • swindonvillageswindonvillage Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we are still owed an explanation from when Barry George tried to claim compensation for being wrongly convicted and serving time. The judge threw it out saying that he was 'not completely innocent', Those words in quotes really haunt me...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we are still owed an explanation from when Barry George tried to claim compensation for being wrongly convicted and serving time. The judge threw it out saying that he was 'not completely innocent', Those words in quotes really haunt me...

That's a bit puzzling then. Unless he meant that Barry George had something to do with it. I dunno. I think we should have an explanation by the judge about what he meant by that comment. The judge that denied him compensation could be dead now, especially if he was nearing retirement.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He may have been referring to George's prior convictions and somewhat disturbing past... The guy may not have murdered GD but he was in no way an "innocent" :o

In 1980, George failed in his attempt to join the Metropolitan Police. Shortly after, he posed as a policeman, having obtained false warrant cards. For this he was arrested and prosecuted. In May 1980,[7] he appeared in court clad in glam rock clothing and untruthfully stated his name to be Paul Gadd, a revival of his Gary Glitter fixation[13] and the name under which he was charged. At Kingston Magistrates' Court he was convicted and fined £25.[8] George was charged and in June 1981,[7] acquitted of indecent assault against one woman, and convicted of indecent assault against another woman, for which he received a three-month sentence, suspended[14] for two years.[6]

In March 1983 George was convicted at the Old Bailey under the pseudonym of 'Steve Majors' for the February 1982 attempted rape of a woman in Acton,[7] for which he served 18 months of a 33-month sentence.[6][14] On 10 January 1983,[7] as was revealed after his arrest for the Dando murder, George had been found in the grounds of Kensington Palace, at that time the home of Prince Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales. He had been discovered hiding in the grounds wearing a balaclava and carrying 50 feet of rope, a 12 inch hunting knife,[6] and in possession of a poem he had written to Prince Charles.[11]

On 2 May 1989[6] at Fulham[15] register office,[6] George married a 35-year-old[7] Japanese student, Itsuko Toide, in what Toide described as a marriage "of convenience – but nonetheless violent and terrifying."[16] After four months she reported to the police that he assaulted her. On 29 October 1989, George was arrested and charged, but the case was dropped and did not go to court;[7] the marriage ended[14] in April 1990.[8] Toide moved back to Japan.[6]

In April 1990, and again in January 1992, George was arrested and charged with indecent assault. Neither case went to court.[7]

Before his trial, George was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome.[17] Prosecution psychologists studying George since his arrest for the Dando murder concluded that he was suffering from several different personality disorders: antisocial, histrionic, narcissistic and possibly paranoid.[7] stating that he has an IQ of 75 and suffers from epilepsy.[13] George has also been likened to a "lone obsessive, Walter Mitty-type figure" for his desire to impersonate famous figures

Although based on the case in question BG was indeed innocent so it's still confusing why he was refused compo.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There is a link explaining here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21195269

I think it's basically a lot of legal argument and speak. I think the upshot is the person asking for compensation has to be able to prove they didn't do it.. ie.. evidence of police corruption, being setup, tampering of evidence or withholding of evidence etc.. or that it's found the jury were mislead in any way during the trial itself in such a way that they've reached the wrong verdict due to it.

His appeal was won on issues with the gun shot residue evidence but I guess that wasn't enough to satisfy the criteria that his trial was flawed. Basically.. he's innocent in the eyes of the law but sadly for him not innocent enough that it would result in a large compensation pay out. Doesn't mean he did it.. and it doesn't mean the judge suspects he did it.. just means there isn't enough evidence to suggest he was knowingly wrongfully found guilty.

If it turned out a police officer had planted the residue evidence on his clothes.. compensation would be instant. But a science change that results in the evidence not being as strong as it was during the trial.. not guilty.. but no pay out. That's my understanding anyway.

Rainbowgirl: It won't be that. Past convictions or crimes don't come into it. It will purely be how correct the running of the trial was in the eyes of the law.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a link explaining here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21195269

I think it's basically a lot of legal argument and speak. I think the upshot is the person asking for compensation has to be able to prove they didn't do it.. ie.. evidence of police corruption, being setup, tampering of evidence or withholding of evidence etc.. or that it's found the jury were mislead in any way during the trial itself in such a way that they've reached the wrong verdict due to it.

His appeal was won on issues with the gun shot residue evidence but I guess that wasn't enough to satisfy the criteria that his trial was flawed. Basically.. he's innocent in the eyes of the law but sadly for him not innocent enough that it would result in a large compensation pay out. Doesn't mean he did it.. and it doesn't mean the judge suspects he did it.. just means there isn't enough evidence to suggest he was knowingly wrongfully found guilty. That's my understanding anyway.

Rainbowgirl: It won't be that. Past convictions or crimes don't come into it. It will purely be how correct the running of the trial was in the eyes of the law.

I must have been editing as you posted..

Just added
    Although based on the case in question BG was indeed innocent so it's still confusing why he was refused compo.
    :D
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must have been editing as you posted..

Just added :D

Yep I edited my post 4 times so i'm not surprised I missed it. :)
  • AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You telling me it were the paedos that killed her?

You know there are times when I feel that I might be too harsh and dismissive of other people and perhaps I should put more faith in their opinions and views, posts like this one cure me of that ill advised notion.

Keep up the good work!