Brangelina - Yay or Nay?

TheDemiurgeTheDemiurge Posts: 1,053
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It was heating up in another thread so to keep on the straight and narrow here we are!

Used to like Angelina when she was with Billy Bob Thornton, but definitely not now. Has she nothing to talk about except her sex life, adopting kids and Brad around the house? Please woman, go back to college and put your obvious intelligence to good use!

Comments

• parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    Nay.

Does anyone ever think that he'll regret leaving Jennifer someday?

Jolie is making a fool of him.
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I can say is I never knew too much about her when she was with Billy Bob - which to me speaks volumes;)
    But then, I can be a rotten old cynic at times !
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    Also, although I said in the other thread that I don't really dig Brad, does anyone else think they are too ridiculously good-looking as a couple? I find good-looking couples :yawn:
  • TheDemiurgeTheDemiurge Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally Posted by minimalistmatt 'A mighty Heart' got a recommendation in Kermode's end of year film film picks, but Angelina puts me right off (even though director Michael Winterbottom has a great track record).

She has won an oscar before hasn't she? so some people must be impressed by her - but I sat through Mr and Mrs Smith and some things you just can't forgive.

She also put me off Beowulf.

Having Angelina in that movie just seemed such a cynical move - I didn't see it, Angelina overkill in the mags just put me right off (will these PR people never learn), but it seemed like another one of those documentary style geo-political dramas with the subliminal message being if the West could only bend over backwards to understand Middle East systems of Government then we'll all be mates forever... so I didn't bother going.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith was horrible, another one of those "so cool it's barely there" flicks.

"Beowulf" I was brought kicking and screaming to see but actually it was amazing. Though Angelina was completely out of place. She just played herself again and the character was too modern to fit in with the rest of the story.

The lousy box office of "A Mighty Heart" really should be a lesson to the handlers of these people: the more you shove your client's face in our faces, the more we are likely to turn away.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate them both.

I can't understand the "sexiest couple alive" hype. They are both fug. Angelina is emaciated, and Brad has wrinkles and pock marks all over his face. They dress like bums, and look like they haven't showered in weeks. They both look like major drug addicts, too.

They have little acting talent, but lots of talent for shameless self-promotion. The way they parade those adopted children around and exploit them to better their images is disgraceful. Notice we hardly ever see Shiloh; she's the "outcast" of the family as her crazy mother has dubbed her. They aren't doing anything for the world. Photo ops that "bring awareness" to problems and Brad's joke of a New Orleans project are all window dressing for their image.

They are both inarticulate and pretentious. I wish they would both go away. They've become unbearable since they've been together.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lousy box office of "A Mighty Heart" really should be a lesson to the handlers of these people: the more you shove your client's face in our faces, the more we are likely to turn away.

Neither Brad, nor Angelina has a great box office track record. In fact, A Mighty Heart was practically a blockbuster compared to The Assassination of Jesse James.

I don't think their films constantly underperforming is a coincidence. I think people are fed up of hearing about them all the time, and sick of their shameless image manipilation and self-promotion.
    parthy wrote: »
    Does anyone ever think that he'll regret leaving Jennifer someday?

I can't say. But I did see a pic of Jen on the beach in Mexico the other day. She has a fabulous bod. Brad probably misses that. It can't be fun to screw skeletor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate them both.

I can't understand the "sexiest couple alive" hype. They are both fug. Angelina is emaciated, and Brad has wrinkles and pock marks all over his face. They dress like bums and look like they haven't showered in weeks. They both look like major drug addicts, too.

They have little acting talent, but lots of talent for shameless self-promotion. The way they parade those adopted children around and exploit them to better their images is disgraceful. Notice we hardly ever see Shiloh; she's the "outcast" of the family as her crazy mother has dubbed her. They aren't doing anything for the world. Photo ops that "bring awareness" to problems and Brad's joke of a New Orleans project are all window dressing for their image.

They are both inarticulate and pretentious. I wish they would both go away. They've become unbearable since they've been together.

Agree with you re the children. It's an absolute disgrace. Those kids are prime targets for kidnapping.

The articles about them or interviews with them are practically never about their work as actors or producers. I work in film and I find it hard to think of films of quality that they've been in over the last few years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dislike them. cannot stand anyone who is unfaithful or moves in on somebody who is commited already
  • Merry HappyMerry Happy Posts: 8,228
    Forum Member
    One big NAY here. I have talked about my dislike for them before in great detail, as to not seem obsessed (borderline psychotic) I will leave my thoughts out of this thread.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay, she's a grade A nutjob
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! I adore them.
  • Lush_LolaLush_Lola Posts: 4,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    don't care for them at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nay!

this is just another phase albeit one that will be harder to move on from - adopted orphans are not as easy to erase from one's life/memory as vials of blood and tattoos....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adopted orphans are not as easy to erase from one's life/memory as vials of blood and tattoos....

You make it seem like she murdered someone or something.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think Angelina is one of the greatest beauties of all time. I have gone off her since her whoring round of her kids and the Hello shoots etc - she's kinda negating all the good stuff.

Brad is nowhere near as hot as he used to be and looks tired and careworn these days - hardly surprising with wife and kids to look after.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a boring couple, in looks as well as personality, imho. I don't get the media/public fascination over these two.
  • pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trec123 wrote: »
    All I can say is I never knew too much about her when she was with Billy Bob - which to me speaks volumes;)
    But then, I can be a rotten old cynic at times !

am I right in assuming that you like me, think she was at her happiest/best with billy bob. I think given half the chance she'd still be with him. Her body language with him was completely different to the rest of her lover, like she was really into him.

Angie and brad..I don't really give a damn anymore. There's like a new story every week and they're not exactly interesting. oooh brad takes them out on bikes, they move schools again, zahara wipes her nose.
  • tatotaltatotal Posts: 5,874
    Forum Member
    Nay. Self-obsessed, self-righteous gobshites the pair of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind them- But then I don't really give them a great deal of thought. There are more offensive celebs to concentrate my disdain on.... Posh.... But I'm biased because I really dislike Jennifer Aniston....
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I quite liked Angie when she was still as mad as a moose, wittering on about blood, knives etc during her Billy Bob phase, now she bores the living daylights out of me and it seems completely wrong that I know more about her kids then I do about her latest films.

Brad, always bored me, still think he's slowly turning into a hamster with bad skin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,520
    Forum Member
    Nay! Their so up their own arses I think.
  • jimbojonesjimbojones Posts: 4,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boring...and am I the only female to not fancy Brad Pitt???
    He does nothing for me at all :eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbojones wrote: »

Magazines touch him up but on screen he just looks frightful. Saw him in something recently (scratching head to remember what) and he looked positively ugly. I think it must have been Ocean's 13.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimbojones wrote: »

nah- he looks like a hamster man these days. i think she could do better.... if she put on a few pounds that is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A huge yay!

Angelina is drop dead, stunningly gorgeous in the flesh, the sexual charisma drips off her. And she's extremely nice too.
    Can't imagine for one minute Brad misses that sour faced old trout Aniston with her ironed hair, clenched buttocks and faddy diets most of which give a woman bad breath and flatulence which could explain a lot of things. lol

Both A mighty heart and jesse James were superb films - both were art house flicks which don't do great box office unless it's a fluke. Angelina is nominated for a Golden Globe and screen actors guild awards for her performance and since the latter is voted for by her peers that is a major achievement for such a small film.
    She'll almost certainly be nominated for an oscar for it too.

Brad and Angelina clearly adore each other, their children look happy and loved. They are making good films and giving something back to the world too.

I have no idea why all that bothers people so much when there are some really awful celebrities around.

But clearly they fascinate people as this thread and others show.