Options

Sharon's and Michelle's language in EastEnders tonight

2»

Comments

• Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    Lmao, Daily Fail love to bash EE, bunch of Tory wombles. Only 86 only complained? :D
  • Options
    SepangBlueSepangBlue Posts: 4,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HiMyNameIs wrote: »
    Didn't take the Daily Mail very long, did it? :D:D

Waiting patiently for Denny to tell Sharon to f**k off now...:p

I've heard kids say this to adults and get away with it. If I'd done that when I was their age I wouldn't have been able to sit properly for a week!
    Steven88 wrote: »
    Young kids shouldn't be watching EE in the first place and older kids usually hear and use worse language on a daily basis. The Mail and people on twitter are pathetic.
    AntoniaA wrote: »
    I watched the episode twice actually, mainly because someone else wanted to see it on iplayer.

What language? I didn't notice anything untoward, unless you mean careless speech and grammar but we are surely used to that on EE.

It was a great scene.
    Arse and shagging were the ones I was surprised about.

EE has used bastard in the past. Carol called Max one last year. Ronnie screamed it at Carl just as she killed him. Cindy called Ian a bastard in the 90s. Not that surprising.

Common everyday 'swear' words, although personally I wouldn't categorise them as swear words. In fact, the only words which would really cause offence to a pre-watershed audience (quite possibly families) would be the 'B' word, the 'F' word and the 'C' word. Everything else is quite acceptable and heard everywhere.
    attitude99 wrote: »
    86 complaints to Ofcom! :D:D

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/news/a818917/eastenders-swearing-complaints-sharon-mitchell-michelle-fowler/

I loved the swearing last night, helped to make the dialogue feel more realistic and it's a novelty to see characters swearing and using other terms apart from the commonly used ones like 'Bitch'.

One of the funny lines was Michelle banging on about bagels and her backside. :D

Personally I didn't notice any swearing in that protracted and poorly acted scene between Sharon and The New Michelle.

'Sigh' ... I suppose now that Sharon has offered Michelle a home for as long as she needs it, we're not going to see the back of this poorly cast what-the-hell-is-she-doing-here-anyway character. Still can't see her as Michelle, even when I close my eyes.
  • Options
    AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    That's because you can't forget Susan Tully in the role.
    I think the new Michelle is good and am still feeling effects from last night's scenes. Not a comfortable feeling but that's the effect it was meant to have.

You'll get used to Jenna.
  • Options
    mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    86 complaints to Ofcom! :D:D

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/news/a818917/eastenders-swearing-complaints-sharon-mitchell-michelle-fowler/

I loved the swearing last night, helped to make the dialogue feel more realistic and it's a novelty to see characters swearing and using other terms apart from the commonly used ones like 'Bitch'.

One of the funny lines was Michelle banging on about bagels and her backside. :D

It's even funnier because it's true. I may as well sellotape most kinds of food to my arse or boobs these days :)
    Same here although my mind is vulgar so I got all of them! :D

Flaps had me creased :D
  • Options
    Majik1Majik1 Posts: 6,968
    Forum Member
    On radio 4 dramas in the afternoon there is often stronger language used. Don't think bloody or crap are swearing.
  • Options
    Majik1Majik1 Posts: 6,968
    Forum Member
    HiMyNameIs wrote: »
    Didn't take the Daily Mail very long, did it? :D:D

Waiting patiently for Denny to tell Sharon to f**k off now...:p

The online paper don't like swearing but like printing pictures of scantily dressed pervey pictures of teenagers and younger.
  • Options
    KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last nights episode was fabulous.

A very light peppering of language is justified sometimes.
  • Options
    Happy_MummyHappy_Mummy Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found the article funny. Someone said 'if only they threw in a f*ck it would have made it perfect' and 'did danny dyer write this sh*t?'. Haha.
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These people should be locked in a dark room, forever.

They need to be in the real world, swearing exists and almost everyone does it.
    It's even funnier because it's true. I may as well sellotape most kinds of food to my arse or boobs these days :)

Flaps had me creased :D

Haha that's why I thought it was funny, because it's something an older family member would say. Plus, I loved how she said 'arse' and not 'backside' 'bum' etc as most don't call it that. :D
  • Options
    mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to be in the real world, swearing exists and almost everyone does it.

Haha that's why I thought it was funny, because it's something an older family member would say. Plus, I loved how she said 'arse' and not 'backside' 'bum' etc as most don't call it that. :D

I'm 40. Now I feel like someone's Granny ;-):D