ANTM Cycle 14 Living

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the go-sees episodes.
    Seriously I was majorly impressed with Angelea booking 6 out of 6 go-sees, isn't that the best ever go-sees performance in top model history. Even with that scatty hair. :eek:
    But for the second half of the episode she crumbled. I did rather like her being so gutted at panel when she was called late, especially after she bragged that time to Brenda and Raina when they were close to the bottom. The word karma comes to mind there. ;)

About time Alasia went too, she was rather immature and wasn't at the same level as the other girls remaining.
    Krista's picture was nice, but she fails to looks very feminine in them. She is alot softer than Grace Jones but her face is still rather man-like.

Looking forward to seeing Angelea, Alexandra and Krista falling out next week, as the preview shows. Would be good to see their bitchiness turned on eachother instead of trying to pick fights with others.

Yes Angelea's success at the go-sees was very impressive. And she did look the part, she looked wonderful. But what was that bit she did with club entrance affectation at judges' panel?! She should learn to stop digging when she's made a hole for herself! As you say, a nice big slice of karma came her way after all her crowing.

Alasia/Alisha (never sure of the spelling) definitely needed to go, although she did seem to calm down a little from previous weeks. She was really badly late back from the go-sees which was probably another factor in her demise.

Looking forward to next week's melt-down!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt think much of Krista's picture she is too hard looking for my liking but does have a good body.
  • Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    Having seen the entire cycle when it was shown earlier in the year, I think this is the best one. Most drama of any cycle I've seen. Cycle 15 - which ended last night on US tv - is a bit tame compared to this cycle!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    I'm liking this series. I don't know how Alasia got as far as she did!

Pee'd off as I find out who won next series - cycle 15 thanks to looking at some gossip websites today so just keep an eye out if you don't want to know! Not sure if I will bother watching it now :( Watched all the series so far but always managed to avoid finding out who won.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CarolAn wrote: »
    Pee'd off as I find out who won next series - cycle 15 thanks to looking at some gossip websites today so just keep an eye out if you don't want to know! Not sure if I will bother watching it now :( Watched all the series so far but always managed to avoid finding out who won.

I agree about Alasia, I think she just had a lot of "lucky" pictures.

Unfortunately I cheated and looked up who won out of Alexandra, Alngelea and Krista.
    Wish I hadn't. But I agree with the winner but would have swapped 2nd and 3rd place over.
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member

Me too, the Daily Mail has an article and photo on its showbiz page but for some reason thinks writing 'spoiler' just above the actual article is good enough. Idiots.

As for this series, Angelea was amazing in the go-sees. A lesson in not judging a book by its cover for me. A bit of PR pollish and she'll be great.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    I agree about Alasia, I think she just had a lot of "lucky" pictures.

Unfortunately I cheated and looked up who won out of Alexandra, Alngelea and Krista.
    Wish I hadn't. But I agree with the winner but would have swapped 2nd and 3rd place over.

erm have you just spoilt who the last 3 are ?????
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member

Whoops, sorry to hear that.
    I always like knowing who wins, and I am careful what I post here. ;)
    I saw that article too, very careless of them. Fortunately for me though I am watching cycle 14 and 15 at the same time. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Candy39 wrote: »
    erm have you just spoilt who the last 3 are ?????

I was going to answer this as best I could but it's hard to deny a spoiler without spoiling it yourself :o

Tiny spoiler but NOTHING about where any of the top 5 come, just something I know about the elimination process ;)
    The twist used in cycle 13 is used again, where they eliminate 2 girls before the final and have the last episode concentrating on the final 2 girls alone.
    So they can't be the final 3 because there isn't a final 3.
  • Options
    magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was very impressed with Angelea's go-sees, wow. Yes she did let herself down a bit at the photoshoot and at panel but I am still rooting for her, she is a product of her background and it will take some shaking off. But as previously stated, some PR tuition will set her on the right path I'm sure.

Alasia had outstayed her welcome; Raina is so sure she is the best - so called 3rd must have been a bit of a blow, she just hides it better than Angelea.

Am looking forward to next week.
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I am even feeling a little sorry for Angelea now. What a turn around as she is now my fav.

Krista is looking too bony for my liking and Alexandra's skin is awful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angelea is not a nice person she can’t take the criticism so she shouldn’t dish it out ! didn’t really like her photo this week she just looked dead to me ! lol just don’t get the Krista thing she is far too hard looking for my liking ..... and now I have found out the winner !!! damn it !!! don’t you hate it when that happens !!
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fell asleep trying to watch this last night. ANTM has really hit rock bottom here. Not one of them is really pretty in this cycle. We had better looking girls in the UK version!
    Krista and Angelea look like drag queens to me.

As for the new judge, words fail me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I fell asleep trying to watch this last night. ANTM has really hit rock bottom here. Not one of them is really pretty in this cycle. We had better looking girls in the UK version!
    Krista and Angelea look like drag queens to me.

As for the new judge, words fail me.

Agree. Krista and Angelea do look like drag queens.

That new judge is the most pretentious, pseudy arse, ever. And that programme has had its share over the years. If he's so powerful in the fashion industry, God help them all. I'll bet he is unbearable to work with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Impressive and interesting photoshoot this week I thought.

Pleased with the top 2, out of the final 4 at least.
    Alexandra was always so full of self-doubt and crumbles under pressure, while Angelea's confident demeanour also couldn't stand up to scrutiny, showing that it may just be a front to hide her insecurities.

Raina's overly-sunny personality probably gets in the way of her thinking out of the box and looking ugly-pretty in a photo, although I didn't understand the emotion Andre felt for Krista's photo. Is it just me or is that the same face Krista's done for the last few weeks. The fed-up drag queen expression.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a huge fan of Krista's look but can see why the judges like her so wasn't a shock to see her go through to final 2 - It was lovely that Raina got through, I really wasn't expecting it.

They said that krista had a mand/ female edge in her photo which meant she had a good ugly/ pretty photo - it was a bit unfair really as she does have that look anyway so didn't really have to work hard to get it - if that makes any sense !!!
  • Options
    PatheticFallacyPatheticFallacy Posts: 7,761
    Forum Member
    I'd advise not to read the interview with Alexandra on the RTV page as it gives away the winner.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Krista is looking too bony for my liking and Alexandra's skin is awful.
    I'm not exactly sure why, but Krista's frame with those bony arms reminds me of the Terminator after it's had all its skin burnt off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd advise not to read the interview with Alexandra on the RTV page as it gives away the winner.

:eek: You're right.
    They ask Alexandra what she thinks about 'so-and-so' as the winner. Naughty DS.

stivo wrote: »
    I'm not exactly sure why, but Krista's frame with those bony arms reminds me of the Terminator after it's had all its skin burnt off.

lol She reminds me of Mr Burns from the Simpsons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well can't say I'm shocked at the winner- tho I still don't get the attraction with her!
    What was up with the covergirl ad?! It was all Krista with Raina getting about 10 words!! Bias much ?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's certainly felt geared towards a Krista victory for a few weeks now. I appreciate the fact that this may have been one of her last opportunities to have a serious attempt at this career.

Though apparently Raina has got in serious shape since the show and is probably doing the best out of all the cycle 14 girls with her career. Not surprising, she is very statuesque and her face is wow.
  • Options
    peaceablegenie2peaceablegenie2 Posts: 13,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Candy39 wrote: »
    Well can't say I'm shocked at the winner- tho I still don't get the attraction with her!
    What was up with the covergirl ad?! It was all Krista with Raina getting about 10 words!! Bias much ?!
    I know, can't believe the edit was all about Krista...
    It's certainly felt geared towards a Krista victory for a few weeks now. I appreciate the fact that this may have been one of her last opportunities to have a serious attempt at this career.

Though apparently Raina has got in serious shape since the show and is probably doing the best out of all the cycle 14 girls with her career. Not surprising, she is very statuesque and her face is wow.

Looking at Wiki, it certainly seems like Raina is doing well and the best out of all the girls, which i am happy about. I wanted her to win, but it was obvious it was a one horse race last night (and for the past couple of weeks).
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    Overall i wanted Jessica to win.. I just loved her :) But in the end i wanted Raina to win over Krista.. Krista was just too hard looking imo. But i really loved this cycle! It was so bitchy, drama and had really good photoshoots. Also i'm in the same boat as other people that already know the winner of cycle 15 (dam american gossip sites) but i think i'll still watch it anyway.