Options

Hollyoaks - Nancy's Revenge

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    PS: On the plus side, none of these guys can hold a torch to the mighty flame of awesomeness that is Darren.

Is it just me or is he getting better looking with age?

Ashley Taylor Dawson is pretty hot and yeah, I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Darren. He can behave like a colossal idiot at times and makes incredibly bad decisions but more often than not, when he's doing the wrong thing, in his own misguided way it's for the right reasons.
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm absolutely loving it, I'm completely behind Nancy every step of the way, and its just so refreshing to see a character reek revenge on the family that put them through absolute HELL for months on end, rather than just blindly forgiving them in 1 episode and carrying on like normal(roll eyes)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hetty100 wrote: »
    I'm absolutely loving it, I'm completely behind Nancy every step of the way, and its just so refreshing to see a character reek revenge on the family that put them through absolute HELL for months on end, rather than just blindly forgiving them in 1 episode and carrying on like normal(roll eyes)

Oh, I'm not saying the forgiveness should be achieved within an episode and then life carrying on as normal. I would preferred to have seen Nancy make Darren sweat it out over whether she would take him back and make him work for her forgiveness. It's like she's blaming Darren for what Sienna did to her and she's now stooping to Sienna's level of scheming to get back at him. Darren may be guilty of a lot when it comes to what happened between them but he's not the one who went out of his way to see that Nancy was isolated with no-one believing her.
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I'm not saying the forgiveness should be achieved within an episode and then life carrying on as normal. I would preferred to have seen Nancy make Darren sweat it out over whether she would take him back and make him work for her forgiveness. It's like she's blaming Darren for what Sienna did to her and she's now stooping to Sienna's level of scheming to get back at him. Darren may be guilty of a lot when it comes to what happened between them but he's not the one who went out of his way to see that Nancy was isolated with no-one believing her.

Darren had her committed to the hospital, he took away her child and nephew, she was in there for months not being able to see them, he also tricked her into signing for Oscar to have an operation. he is partly to blame.
  • Options
    nightwish1990nightwish1990 Posts: 1,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed it what exactly happened?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I missed it what exactly happened?
    Nancy's basically made it look like Darren's stolen money from Jack and gambled it. No-one believes him when he says he didn't do it.
    hetty100 wrote: »
    Darren had her committed to the hospital, he took away her child and nephew, she was in there for months not being able to see them, he also tricked her into signing for Oscar to have an operation. he is partly to blame.

Oh yeah, he's not entirely blameless. He was guilty of having the wool pulled over his eyes by Sienna which, OK, was much easier to do than it should have been. He was doing what he honestly believed was best by getting her the help that he thought she needed and protecting the kids. While he went about it all wrong and treated her awfully, his intent wasn't to ruin Nancy. I'd forgotten about what he pulled to get her consent for Oscar's operation though and, yeah, there's no excuse in the world for that.

As I said though, to get back at Darren in this way is stooping to the level of Sienna with the scheming and plotting to make him suffer like she did. Understandably she's seriously hurt and angry over what happened so of course she's lashing out but it doesn't mean she hasn't crossed a line.
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like that quote from Confucius "before you embark on a journey of revenge dig 2 graves'. Revenge will hurt the person who goes in for it as it usually means doing something really bad. After you have done it you can't take it back.

Someone mentioned Robbie and Finn looking like the Krays: I thought it was just me who thought that is exactly who they are supposed to represent. The hair is a dead giveaway.
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I am absolutely loving it. Darren was worse to Nancy, at least he hasn't been committed yet. He's allowed to be with his kids. Darren played Nancy for a fool, manipulated and tricked her. All of that happened without Sienna.
  • Options
    GoingtothebeachGoingtothebeach Posts: 19,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate it because it's the cheapest way of reuniting them. By acting this way Nancy is absolving Darren of all guilt as he now is a victim as well as her and she's lowered herself.

You can predict the awful "We've both made mistakes and done bad things so let's start over" reunion already.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nancy's got that dead-eyed Stepford Wife expression these days.

She used to be such a sunny character. I kind of miss that. :blush:
  • Options
    Tweety PieTweety Pie Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with Nancy all the way. Darren has behaved appallingly towards her not only with the Sienna situation but when she gave birth to Oscar he wanted a divorce because he blamed her for giving birth early!

He's an idiot and doesn't deserve her. I say: Nancy bring it on.
  • Options
    gwendagwenda Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darren deserves everything he gets. Nancy supported him with his past gambling addiction but when she developed her own addition he acted high and mighty. He abandoned her and took the word of Sienna who he'd know for five minutes over that of his wife. Did his marriage vows mean anything to him? Nancy has been put through hell firstly by Sienna and secondly by Darren following Sienna's lead. She's had months in a psych ward to seethe about it. The weeks she spent brain injured in hospital would have given her more time to seethe and build up resentment further. I suspect revenge wasn't first thing on her mind when she left hospital but when Darren stupidly and insensitively asked her to marry him just after she told him she couldn't trust him I expect she changed her mind! He's a jerk and always has been. I would have liked to see her with Joe. That would have been best revenge - falling in love with his brother.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tweety Pie wrote: »
    I'm with Nancy all the way. Darren has behaved appallingly towards her not only with the Sienna situation but when she gave birth to Oscar he wanted a divorce because he blamed her for giving birth early!

He's an idiot and doesn't deserve her. I say: Nancy bring it on.

Yeah but...dragging Jack into it by stealing from him to frame Darren? What's great about that?

(Even though I think the money's just hidden, not spent.)
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darren does deserves everything he gets.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    I love it.

So do I. Especially when she turned the table onto her and Oscar standing by and believing him as that's what you do
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah but...dragging Jack into it by stealing from him to frame Darren? What's great about that?

(Even though I think the money's just hidden, not spent.)

I thought Jack's money was the cash Nancy used to pay that bloke (who came into the Dog with Darren's wallet) at the start of the episode?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Jack's money was the cash Nancy used to pay that bloke (who came into the Dog with Darren's wallet) at the start of the episode?

Yeah, but we didn't see him spend it. It's only inferred so far.

If it has been betted away then she is nuts, purely from a pov that she'll ruin her relationship with Jack and could end up in prison for theft. You can't justify stealing another man's property to get back at your partner! The people here going 'yay Nancy' are crackers.

The betting shop that the heavy 'found' Darren's wallet in should have CCTV that should prove Darren never went in so... poorly thought out plotline. Even if the heavy placed a bet at Chester with an on-course bookie a shop's CCTV will show Darren was never there but the heavy was. He had to have gone in to place the wallet to then go back and find it.

Is all this worth it? In Hollyoaks writers world, yup.

It's probably safe to say Nancy'll come clean at some point and go: 'NOW you KNOW what it FEELS like NOT to be BELIEVED!' and Darren's (fit but) such a soft asshat he'll go: 'Yeah Nansc, it's a fair cop. Will you still marry me?' And she probably will.

Sometimes it really is like Cleaner Close. :kitty:
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, but we didn't see him spend it. It's only inferred so far.

If it has been betted away then she is nuts, purely from a pov that she'll ruin her relationship with Jack and could end up in prison for theft. You can't justify stealing another man's property to get back at your partner! The people here going 'yay Nancy' are crackers.

The betting shop that the heavy 'found' Darren's wallet in should have CCTV that should prove Darren never went in so... poorly thought out plotline. Even if the heavy placed a bet at Chester with an on-course bookie a shop's CCTV will show Darren was never there but the heavy was. He had to have gone in to place the wallet to then go back and find it.

Is all this worth it? In Hollyoaks writers world, yup.

It's probably safe to say Nancy'll come clean at some point and go: 'NOW you KNOW what it FEELS like NOT to be BELIEVED!' and Darren's (fit but) such a soft asshat he'll go: 'Yeah Nansc, it's a fair cop. Will you still marry me?' And she probably will.

Sometimes it really is like Cleaner Close. :kitty:

Ah, I see.

I can't find anything to disagree with there :cool:
  • Options
    SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Nancy had everything taken away from her by Sienna and Darren, Nancy is glad Sienna locked away like she was but Darren she is still angry with because he should of listend to her then a stranger but he is a fool and a idiot.

Darren shouldn't have been been trying to win Nancy back he should respect her wishes they are over but he keeps pushing Nancy to be by his side. By marrying Nancy again and helping her now won't make Nancy forget everything he has done to her, if he thinks helping her and marryng her will make his miss deeds he done to Nancy never happened then he is so full of himself.

Darren shouldn't be making plans to get Nancy back she is still hurt from the table to her head done by Sienna, has speaking problems abit and is a recovering hospital patient. He shouldn't have kissed her, shouldn't have waken her up Nancy she is trying to get better but no he just had to ask to marry him again.

Nancy should be getting better, foscuing on Charile and Oscar to give herself hope and have her friends around her to. Now she has started her revenge on Darren there be more to come from Nancy just hope she doesn't use Charile and Oscar in ways of getting back at Darren.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Team Nancy! A person would have to be a saint to forgive all that Darren put her through.
  • Options
    fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really see it as revenge, more education. Nancy isn't hitting out just to hurt Darren because he has hurt her, and it doesn't seem as simple as retaliation, its much more interesting that that so far. She is trying to get him to feel the same as she did, the same sense of frustration and abandonment.
  • Options
    SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    Team Nancy! A person would have to be a saint to forgive all that Darren put her through.

Nancy reached her limit of forgiving Darren and throw it back at Nancy's good nature, with everything thats happened to Nancy revenge is on her mind and can do anything she wants to Darren.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on Team Nancy and I hope she sends him packing after all of this, how do you like 'em apples Darren?