Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 58)

Comments

• Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    NeilVW wrote: »
    Lewie - your shares are off for episode 8. :-)

Ahh sorry, I got them from the DS report last week. What are the correct shares? I thought they seemed really low. If any of my info is incorrect would you edit it? :)
  • Options
    ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I don't have any privileged access, but I can check Broadcast magazine when I get home. :-)

Cheers.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Thursday 6th March 2014 - Consolidated Ratings
    1 - EastEnders - 7.71m
    2 - Emmerdale (19:00) - 7.25m (7.05m excl. +1)
    3 - Emmerdale (20:00) - 7.07m (6.84m excl. +1)
    4 - Birds of a Feather - 6.10m (5.93m excl. +1)
    5 - BBC News (18:00) - 5.08m
    6 - BBC News (22:00) - 4.52m
    7 - The One Show - 4.29m
    8 - DIY SOS: The Big Build - 4.15m
    9 - Pointless - 3.84m
    10 - The Chase - 3.56m (3.22m excl. +1)

BBC Two - 37 Days - 2.89m
    Channel 4 - The Floods That Foiled New Year: Caught - 2.43m (2.09m excl. +1)
    Channel 5 - The Hotel Inspector - 1.56m (1.37m excl. +1)
    BBC Three - Family Guy (23:25) - 627k

BOAF just 6.10m - I expected at least a comment from Samuel. :D
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Law and Order UK's rating is underwhelming which is a shame as it's a good little show. Wednesday at 9pm doesn't seem to be a good night for itv dramas. Maybe they should stick with showing 2 hour dramas there in future. Hopefully Law and Order UK will see a bit of a boost once Line of Duty finishes next week.

Fantastic to see all BBC 1 returning dramas up year on year in the official averages. I won't be surprised if BBC 1 extend the episode order for Death in Paradise to 10 episodes for the next two series.

Endeavour returns soon - a quality show which I hope improves on last year's figures.

I think Silk will be down on its previous series judging by its ratings trajectory but good to see some dramas doing better this year. I hope Line Of Duty goes out on a high and reaches 4m. I forgot how well series 1 did, it was getting 4m every week when it's BBC HD simulcast rating is included.
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    Ahh sorry, I got them from the DS report last week. What are the correct shares? I thought they seemed really low. If any of my info is incorrect would you edit it? :)

21.5 % / 22.0% going by Broadcastnow. :-)
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    BOAF just 6.10m - I expected at least a comment from Samuel. :D

He appears to have vanished.
  • Options
    ian hylandian hyland Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Any ratings for the latest Party Wright Around The World or did it hit zero?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ian hyland wrote: »
    Any ratings for the latest Party Wright Around The World or did it hit zero?

If there was any justice it would. :D
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    It appears that Samuel is inactive, so I'm guessing he's banned for a week or something. Wonder why he got banned? :p

Cheers for those shares Neil :)
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No the week after :)
    No I believe it's the week after. When the Lives start 22nd March. :)

Thanks for explaining that. I like what they're doing for The Voice this series shame they didn't do this for the first series.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had there not been a three week gap, we can assured Birds would've consolidated to around 6.8m-7m meaning the average would be over or just under 8m inc+1. ITV's on fault for doing this, you have to wonder who's actually scheduling these programmes sometimes.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Suspects being recommissioned is almost as shocking as Toast Of London coming back. Both undeserved from a ratings point-of-view.

I guess Five hope they can relaunch the show effectively in the autumn in a new slot. Get behind it big time and hope for the best. Obviously the fact the critics liked it has been a huge factor.

While ratings have been terrible, I imagine the show's inexpensive enough for them to commission a second series and then promote the second half of the series and hope it increases, wonder if they'll pair with CSI when that returns or perhaps in a 9pm slot.

I am hoping Channel 5 does commission more original drama although I think they should do something more traditional even if it costs extra.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    He appears to have vanished.

He wasn't on that Malaysian airliner was he ?
  • Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »

Wow could you get much lower?!
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Thanks for explaining that. I like what they're doing for The Voice this series shame they didn't do this for the first series.

Agree Cylon it's nice they are mostly keeping the Voice in the same place this year. Last year they did that stupid move when they put it on that Friday which really hurt it.
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »

That's not funny.
  • Options
    F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not funny.

Now you've made me feel bad that I giggled.:( But your right we shouldn't joke about tragedy. Unless it's in private.............;-)
  • Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    F1Ken wrote: »
    Now you've made me feel bad that I giggled.:( But your right we shouldn't joke about tragedy. Unless it's in private.............;-)

Well it's wrong because of the Malaysian event then also wrong in terms of Samuel. Sure it was just a heat of the moment 'joke' though. Mind you if it was an American plane, DS would have probably banned the user for life and it would have made front pages..but yes this is way off ratings talk...
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On a lighter note, does anyone expect a bumper rating for "The Plane That Vanished: Live" tonight on C5? It is dominating the news recently - pushing Crimea down in the headlines. I know it will be wild speculation, but viewers are often intrigued by mysterious occurrences.
    Last Saturday, Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 took off for Beijing from Kuala Lumpur with 239 passengers and crew on board and just over an hour later it altered course and vanished from the radar screens. In this programme, Donal MacIntyre is joined by aviation experts to investigate all the major theories surrounding the disappearance of the civilian airliner, asking if it was pilot error, technical failure, terrorism or some other freak occurrence.
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    ChrisE wrote: »
    Neil have you got anything for Blandings?

Blandings last Sunday (9 March) ran to time for tape-checking purposes and had an overnight audience of 3.25m (16.35%). :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blandings last Sunday (9 March) ran to time for tape-checking purposes and had an overnight audience of 3.25m (16.35%). :)

I suppose its one of those 'prestige' programs that look good on the cv but thats not good ratings wise and I dont know why it ever got a second run.
  • Options
    Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC One doesn't need any more drama, Ratings will drop because viewers will get sick of it.

Sorry, but that's a pretty daft comment. BBC1 needs as much drama as it can get its hands on, it's the building blocks of any TV schedule. The point is that they can offer a range of drama to suit all audience tastes. People aren't going to get sick of it because nobody's expected to watch it all.

ITV in the nineties had drama seven days a week half the time and people didn't get sick of that, they were thrashing BBC1 week in week out.
  • Options
    ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks Neil, if only they hadn't started with the awful Harry Enfield episode.
  • Options
    F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but that's a pretty daft comment. BBC1 needs as much drama as it can get its hands on, it's the building blocks of any TV schedule. The point is that they can offer a range of drama to suit all audience tastes. People aren't going to get sick of it because nobody's expected to watch it all.

ITV in the nineties had drama seven days a week half the time and people didn't get sick of that, they were thrashing BBC1 week in week out.

Thanks Steve for some actual fact, I sometimes wonder what people are thinking, it's not as if it's the same drama on every day! :confused:

ITV used to be The "Drama Channel" back in the day, It was packed to the rafters with all sorts.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cilla Black and Paul O' Grady sitcom 'Led Astray' has been axed.
This discussion has been closed.