Options

Humax HDR-1000S vs 1010s

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
Forum Member
Hi, I currently have a Samsung Freesat box which is 2 years old and now looking for a new/up to date box, as no more updates are made for the Samsung and the catch-up services lag quite a bit.

I've seen the Humax Humax HDR-1000S and the 1010s, which looks like the same thing in white but is priced quite higher.

Does anyone know the difference between these and which one is the best? Or are there any other Freesat boxes that are better?

Thanks, Ed.

Comments

• Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    1010s is white and has built in WiFi, 1000s is black and no built in WiFi.
    Other than that they're exactly the same and currently they're the best Freesat+ boxes you can get.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your help. Do you think it's worth upgrading to from a Samsung SMT S7800?

I like the way the Samsung remote has on /off control for my TV as well as the box. It also has "digital volume control" which seems to allow me to change the volume to my soundbar via optical cable, rather than having to use a different remote. Im guessing I can do the same with the Humax?
  • Options
    victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless there has been a recent upgrade then the remote for the Humax box is pretty poor and it won't control your TV. Its a shame really as the boxes themselves are really good. Come on Humax provide a better remote.
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    victorslot wrote: »
    Unless there has been a recent upgrade then the remote for the Humax box is pretty poor and it won't control your TV. Its a shame really as the boxes themselves are really good. Come on Humax provide a better remote.
    They have. The latest boxes now come with a remote that can be programmed to control the tv as well as the freesat box.
  • Options
    teeveeteevee Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    1010s is white and has built in WiFi, where as, I recall the 1000s is black and no built in WiFi, but can work on wifi via seperately sold Humax Dongle.