DWTS Season 20: confirmation, speculation and news

Comments

• fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afterbuzz show with Shirley and Corky Ballas. I only dipped into this to see what Shirley had said about the Henry/Derek situation,but it could be quite an interesting show to watch, I think...

They talk about Nastia's routine etc from around 26 mins in. I agreed with Corky's take on Derek's involvement...

Shirley says Henry didn't want to play someone's 'second dogsbody' and thought he was 'better than that' and now look what's happened! Sasha got the gig performing on the show!

Kristyn Burtt replied to someone on her Instagram that she had heard three different versions of the Henry situation.

Some of his fans think he withdrew because he was sick of the Twitter abuse from Derek fans whenever he posted anything about dancing with Nastia....

They've invited H onto Afterbuzz to give his side, but he still has 'scheduling issues'. :D
  • RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with this weeks show - it was brilliant entertainment tbf. Totally bonkers mind, but entertaining.

Kim and Roberts VT was just LOL. Derek desperately trying to get in on a dance where he even managed to upstage the stand-in who was completely overlooked by everybody.

The complete confusion during the dance-offs provided much hilarity too. DWTS tries to be transparent but those dance-off choices were quite clearly fixed before hand!

And finally they decide to over-complicate the already bizarre voting system to a point where a NASA scientist would struggle to break it all down.

Willow was robbed of course but for me Mark is a very poor man's Derek and his routines just don't do it for me.

Kerri-anne was crazy giving Noah a 10 she got on everyones nerves all night.

Even Tom the brilliant host struggled to keep up with it all. :D

One things for sure, they need to sort that voting system out!
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with this weeks show - it was brilliant entertainment tbf. Totally bonkers mind, but entertaining.

Kim and Roberts VT was just LOL. Derek desperately trying to get in on a dance where he even managed to upstage the stand-in who was completely overlooked by everybody.

The complete confusion during the dance-offs provided much hilarity too. DWTS tries to be transparent but those dance-off choices were quite clearly fixed before hand!

And finally they decide to over-complicate the already bizarre voting system to a point where a NASA scientist would struggle to break it all down.

Willow was robbed of course but for me Mark is a very poor man's Derek and his routines just don't do it for me.

Kerri-anne was crazy giving Noah a 10 she got on everyones nerves all night.

Even Tom the brilliant host struggled to keep up with it all. :D

One things for sure, they need to sort that voting system out!

Absolutely.

The voting system is joke. It's because they cannot do it in one night like our version due to the American time zones.

I prefer a results show. Why not make it 30 mins.
    Singer on.
    Recap Show
    Group Dance performance etc
    Call out order result.
    Btm 2 Elimination
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could ya''ll do me a favor? When viewing the judges' comments look behind Bruno and tell me if that is Anton. Cause it sure looks like him.

Nevermind. He visited with Gethin. ;-)
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think one of the problems with results shows is those prime time slots are blocked in hour formats so an hour results show is too bloated, repetitive and filled with fluff. It was losing viewers.

Now the one night show goes at breakneck speed to fit in the eliminations and it just feels so frikkin rushed.

I feel like more interesting behind the scenes footage and new interviews would have been a better way to fill that time for the results show. Or do a 30 minute result show and 30 minute sitcom or something 30 minutes to fill that time.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris / Robert / Noah better go.
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,915
    Forum Member
    Rumer deserved that perfect night (aside from a momentary accidental lift in her Rumba, but it was so classic and simple I didn't care).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Lili, great to see you posting :)

Monsieur23 wrote: »
    Rumer deserved that perfect night (aside from a momentary accidental lift in her Rumba, but it was so classic and simple I didn't care).

I've only watched Rumer's dances and Nastia's paso so far, so perhaps shouldn't judge, but do agree with you. Both terrific dances. I did miss a slow sinuousness in the rumba - but then that is absent in most DWST rumbas - but it was still a gorgeous performance. Absence of a carnival going on in the background of their routines was a profound relief, too.

I liked the gladiator theme in Nastia's paso - flipping Sasha over her head and the stabbing were cool :p - plus Sasha being relieved at not having to dress as seaweed....
    but I just couldn't get past Derek as Caesar presiding over the whole thing. I wish he could have taken a back seat just once and let Sasha fill in for him, but no, we have to be bludgeoned over the head with it. Remember, Derek is the creative genius, Derek is the actual pro here, Derek is in charge. Derek, Derek, bloody Derek! Grrrr!
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Hi Lili, great to see you posting :)

I've only watched Rumer's dances and Nastia's paso so far, so perhaps shouldn't judge, but do agree with you. Both terrific dances. I did miss a slow sinuousness in the rumba - but then that is absent in most DWST rumbas - but it was still a gorgeous performance. Absence of a carnival going on in the background of their routines was a profound relief, too.

I liked the gladiator theme in Nastia's paso - flipping Sasha over her head and the stabbing were cool :p - plus Sasha being relieved at not having to dress as seaweed....
    but I just couldn't get past Derek as Caesar presiding over the whole thing. I wish he could have taken a back seat just once and let Sasha fill in for him, but no, we have to be bludgeoned over the head with it. Remember, Derek is the creative genius, Derek is the actual pro here, Derek is in charge. Derek, Derek, bloody Derek! Grrrr!

Pfft, I know, I mean, how DARE he appear in his partner's dances. Jeez...
    Forum Member

Nastia's Jive is worth a watch, if you don't mind a concept-heavy routine (quite a good concept, though). :) It's also the first routine that sold Nastia to me as a performer, not a technician.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nastia's Jive is worth a watch, if you don't mind a concept-heavy routine (quite a good concept, though). :) It's also the first routine that sold Nastia to me as a performer, not a technician.

Yes, I thought she did a great job with that and it was a clever set up. I have a niggle with it though (... but best leave that there :p).

Glad the double elimination didn't see one of the three remaining good dancers leave.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noah HAS to leave next week. Riker to win with Nastia and Rumer valiant runners up! But Riker really impresses me in both disciplines, and he's a lot more likeable than Rumer!!
    Forum Member
    Damahepa wrote: »
    Noah HAS to leave next week. Riker to win with Nastia and Rumer valiant runners up! But Riker really impresses me in both disciplines, and he's a lot more likeable than Rumer!!

I agree about Noah; he's lovely, and fine on the eye, but not Final 3 material. :p

Disagree about Riker, but only a little; I can see it going Rumer -> Riker -> Nastia, especially seeing as, in the 10 year anniversary series, Rumer is being lauded for doing traditional dances; going back to the roots. :)

Not saying Rumer's necessarily a better dancer, just that her dance style particularly suits the feel of this series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree about Noah; he's lovely, and fine on the eye, but not Final 3 material. :p

Disagree about Riker, but only a little; I can see it going Rumer -> Riker -> Nastia, especially seeing as, in the 10 year anniversary series, Rumer is being lauded for doing traditional dances; going back to the roots. :)

Not saying Rumer's necessarily a better dancer, just that her dance style particularly suits the feel of this series.

Oh I really hope not. Even putting aside the Chmerkovskiy ego if they get another win, I just don't find her likeable, and can't even use the defence she's the best dancer because Nastia is better! It would be nice for Riker and Allison, they've balanced technique and entertainment perfectly for me, which is VERY DWTS ;)
    Forum Member
    Oh I really hope not. Even putting aside the Chmerkovskiy ego if they get another win, I just don't find her likeable, and can't even use the defence she's the best dancer because Nastia is better! It would be nice for Riker and Allison, they've balanced technique and entertainment perfectly for me, which is VERY DWTS ;)

I kind of don't mind/care who out of the top-3 win, now - I can't shake the building feeling that the rightful winner was eliminated by a Nin-Jazz routine 2 weeks ago. :(
  • renosparksrenosparks Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    I've been watching this season of dwts on YouTube. I've watched episode 7 and the tenth anniversary special....am I up to speed? Thanks!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    renosparks wrote: »
    I've been watching this season of dwts on YouTube. I've watched episode 7 and the tenth anniversary special....am I up to speed? Thanks!

Almost! This Monday just gone was week 8 and the results show returned on Tuesday.
  • RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Rumer and Val's Rumba that's what it's all about for me! Pure gold indeed.

I find Riker's routines a bit OTT. Am I correcting in assuming Jazz is just a made up dance style to shore-horn in an extra show dance? Because they all look different with no recognizable steps.

I don't think the American public will vote for the Nastia 3-some to win.

I want Rumer to win via the traditional card!
    Forum Member
    http://www.accesshollywood.com/dwts-rumer-willis-prepares-for-fifty-shades-inspired-dance_video_2782337

A "Fifty Shades of Grey" Viennese Waltz and a "Swan Lake" Contemporary...

... wow. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.accesshollywood.com/dwts-rumer-willis-prepares-for-fifty-shades-inspired-dance_video_2782337

A "Fifty Shades of Grey" Viennese Waltz and a "Swan Lake" Contemporary...

... wow. :o

Surely they've got that one mixed up..? 50 Shades soundtrack is pure Contemporary
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely they've got that one mixed up..? 50 Shades soundtrack is pure Contemporary

It's this song, which I really like (hate the tacky video, though). It has a (slowish) VW timing, I think.

I wonder if Bruno will make the contempo-Swan Lake very understated...^_^

Len is in charge of Derek and Nastia's dance and he's going to be in it. Sounds like it might be quite emotional.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's this song, which I really like (hate the tacky video, though). It has a (slowish) VW timing, I think.

I wonder if Bruno will make the contempo-Swan Lake very understated...^_^

Len is in charge of Derek and Nastia's dance and he's going to be in it. Sounds like it might be quite emotional.

Well I doubt Bruno would have much room to manouvre with a VW, Contemorary allows for a lot more creativity!

I'm really interested to see what Len does with Derek and Nastia! If it's emotional I can already imagine it might be a father/daughter/boyfriend storyline with the older generation passing the baton- especially if this is his last season...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I doubt Bruno would have much room to manouvre with a VW, Contemorary allows for a lot more creativity!

I'm really interested to see what Len does with Derek and Nastia! If it's emotional I can already imagine it might be a father/daughter/boyfriend storyline with the older generation passing the baton- especially if this is his last season...

Yes, could be.

I might be over interpreting it, but I think there's a little catch in Len's voice when he speaks of the things he can't do any more. :(
    http://www.people.com/article/dancing-stars-derek-hough-len-goodman-judges-choice-nastia-liukin (Posted by pureDWTS).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nastia, Derek, Len
    Aww. That was really touching. :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^ sorry, need to scroll up for the dances, link just takes you to the page...