Options

Indian Student Shot Point Blank for not answering a question

jimmyworzeljimmyworzel Posts: 1,280
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This story would be more fitting in some poverty stricken part of South Africa.

A 17 Year old white lad has been arrested, reports are the Indian student was shot dead for not answering a question "What's the time?', although racial motive has not been ruled out.

The Indian student mistakingly ventured into a dangerous part of Manchester and paid for it with his life. Shocking case and headline news over in India.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2078641/Boxing-Day-shooting-Teenage-boy-17-arrested-murder-Indian-student-Anuj-Bidve.html

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the "not answering a question" part is a bit of a misnomer really - it's almost trying to attribute a reason where there appears to be none at the moment.

When things like this occur I tend to think it's more like a gang initiation rather than anything else. Obviously if it does turn out to be a racially motivated killing then there could be further trouble as a result, but either way, for a person to be murdered in cold blood like that on Boxing Day is tragic, regardless of any other factors.
  • Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More senseless violence, what a wonderful world.

(Very OT so apologies in advance, but 17? He looked at least double that.)
  • Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The amount of times these same kind of stories emerge (some not with as fatal consequences) and they all say it was their dream to come to the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the "not answering a question" part is a bit of a misnomer really - it's almost trying to attribute a reason where there appears to be none at the moment.

When things like this occur I tend to think it's more like a gang initiation rather than anything else. Obviously if it does turn out to be a racially motivated killing then there could be further trouble as a result, but either way, for a person to be murdered in cold blood like that on Boxing Day is tragic, regardless of any other factors.

i personally don't think it was gang initiation, it'd make more sense killing a gang member than some random indian student/tourist.

i cant really make sense of it, why kill someone who isnt a threat or part of any gangs. the authorities need to crack down on crime in these "no go estates", come down extra hard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i personally don't think it was gang initiation, it'd make more sense killing a gang member than some random indian student/tourist.

A gang initiation wouldn't necessarily explicitly mean killing another gang member. It would be about killing another person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A gang initiation wouldn't necessarily explicitly mean killing another gang member. It would be about killing another person.

time will tell i guess
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RussellIan wrote: »

He was 23. Just want to add this is a very, very sad story.

I wonder how close they were to their hotel? This is why it is important for hotels to warn tourists of areas to stay away from, how could he know?
  • Options
    My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RussellIan wrote: »

The person arrested is 17, not the victim who was 23.

This is so sad, it was this guys dream to visit the UK and he paid with his life. RIP. :cry:
  • Options
    The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    The lad who did this should be hanged. No excuses, no second chances, hang the bastard. I can understand(but not condone) shooting someone from a rival gang, but to do this to an innocent tourist, someone just minding their own business, someone with their whole future ahead of them, is evil. Just evil.
  • Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The person arrested is 17, not the victim who was 23.

My mistake sorry. Still looked way older though.

What a dispiriting waste.
  • Options
    snickerdoodlesnickerdoodle Posts: 956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is very very sad :( poor guy, you'd think britain has moved on.
  • Options
    SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is very very sad :( poor guy, you'd think britain has moved on.
    Rather than moving on, it sometimes appears to be moving backwards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sigurd wrote: »
    Rather than moving on, it sometimes appears to be moving backwards.

yeah, education is needed more to fight racism big time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what chills me is that his facebook profile is still there, casual as ever :(
  • Options
    Killer GorillaKiller Gorilla Posts: 3,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prediction: The killer will not spend a single day in a proper prison. He will do 2-3 years in a YOI and then be out.

The justice system in this country is an utter, utter JOKE and it is really starting to tell. This country is getting a worldwide reputation for crime.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    The lad who did this should be hanged. No excuses, no second chances, hang the bastard. I can understand(but not condone) shooting someone from a rival gang, but to do this to an innocent tourist, someone just minding their own business, someone with their whole future ahead of them, is evil. Just evil.

I agree. If guilty then just get rid of him permanently. I'd flick the switch or pull the lever myself. The world is s*** enough as it without such sub-human creatures adding to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    time will tell i guess

Indeed. I just hope that this doesn't get bogged down in idle speculation about possible racial motives.

Certain corners of society would seize on this as a means to further their respective causes i imagine.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    Apparently, a suspect has been arrested in this case and he's now in custody according to Sky News.
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prediction: The killer will not spend a single day in a proper prison. He will do 2-3 years in a YOI and then be out.

The justice system in this country is an utter, utter JOKE and it is really starting to tell. This country is getting a worldwide reputation for crime.

Prediction: your prediction is wrong.

Something like this news report taken at random is far more likely.
    A 16-year-old has been sentenced to life imprisonment after being convicted of murder for stabbing a youth of 17 in a row over a (small) unpaid debt. ......(He) had denied murder and was ordered to serve a minimum of 14 years .

In fact for gun assassination of a stranger he will probably serve considerably longer in prison than the above example cites.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be amazed if he serves anything like 14 years. And in any case, the prisons in this country cannot reasonably be called prisons in the actual sense of the word. The scumbag killer will likely be living a more luxurious lifestyle than he previously got at home.

Maybe we should turn him over to India.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. If guilty then just get rid of him permanently. I'd flick the switch or pull the lever myself. The world is s*** enough as it without such sub-human creatures adding to it.

You may think it's what should happen-but it's not happening, now or in the future.
  • Options
    FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be amazed if he serves anything like 14 years. And in any case, the prisons in this country cannot reasonably be called prisons in the actual sense of the word. The scumbag killer will likely be living a more luxurious lifestyle than he previously got at home.

Maybe we should turn him over to India.

Ignorant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is it ignorant?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is a case where the sentence has to reflect the crime.

tourism is very important to our country, we cant have scum executing our tourists, also for such a small country we really shouldn't have "dangerous" areas and no go zones.

we need to get tough on real crime, long sentences for culprits regardless if they are 17.
  • Options
    tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

America has a reputation for being very tough on criminals, yet does it have no gun or knife crime?

We need to go down the Scandanivian form of dealing with criminals. It's of no coincidence they have the lowest re-offending rates in the world.