Options

Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    love reading this thread :)
    I'm glad you love it. I love it more den life itself ;)
  • Options
    toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    women, and i've noticed this is a woman thing

when they say

Huni....no it's honey

Gawjuss.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I have someone posting how sad they are, when their best friend asked whats up the poster snapped at them to shut up because they already know and dont want everyone else to know.

So why post it on facebook when your profile is set so everyone can see it? If you only want certain people to know then just tell them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    I hate it when you get an update of peoples night out every 10 mins along with stupid pics of them posing in the the taxi.

'Girls night out!!! Manchester won't know whats hit it!'

Having so much fun facebook needs to know about it :rolleyes:

Grrrr! I hate this also, almost as much as when people check in every five minutes, in the vain hope that someone will comment on how amazingly varied their life is!!!
  • Options
    Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I have someone posting how sad they are, when their best friend asked whats up the poster snapped at them to shut up because they already know and dont want everyone else to know.

So why post it on facebook when your profile is set so everyone can see it? If you only want certain people to know then just tell them.

People like that need a smack.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    The idiot teenage son of one of my cousins I posted about earlier has now updated his profile picture, to one of him posing like a "gansta" complete with a gun. I presume it is a fake gun, at least I hope it is, or no doubt the fact his profile is public could see him end up in court. Silly arse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    "...was tagged at - 'In My Cosy Bed :-)" and the likes.

No-one gives a shiny shite if you're 10ft up a tree screaming the national anthem at the top of your lungs, nevermind all tucked up in 'your cosy bed' :mad:

I believe that's my next status update sorted, thanks! :D
  • Options
    saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grrrr! I hate this also, almost as much as when people check in every five minutes, in the vain hope that someone will comment on how amazingly varied their life is!!!

I have a very good friend who does this regularly. Am sure its only so he can the comments on what an exciting life he leads. What REALLY irritates me is that he takes the time to thanks each FB friend for their comment, by name!!
    eg. Brenda - oh you have such an exciting time in the holidays Fred. You live life to the full.
    Fred - Thanks Brenda, I do endeavour to!
    *bleurgh*
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aye al b fine 2mz only had 2 aww in ths ma lst one..llf av had a pure chilled nyt tae garry disny take marcus n fridays noo, jst sat n sun tae 5 that suits me bettr cz am always fecked n a friday al b buzzin 2mz wen a get up but woop woop

I read this a couple of tmes, and I think I may have it deciphered.

Yes, I'll be fine tomorrow, only had 2 and this is my last one (pills? cans? dunno).
    Ive had a very relaxing night as Garry doesnt take Marcus on Fridays anyway, only on Saturdays and Sundays, but that suits me better because Im always fecked on a Friday. But I'll be buzzin tomorrow when I get up though.
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one of my former colleagues went into huge and unnecessary detail the other day about her toilet habit and how she had been on it all day :eek::eek: i have removed her from my subs list, too much info!!
    what is WRONG with some people???:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kate36 wrote: »
    one of my former colleagues went into huge and unnecessary detail the other day about her toilet habit and how she had been on it all day :eek::eek: i have removed her from my subs list, too much info!!
    what is WRONG with some people???:eek:

I think TV shows like Loose Women have a lot to answer for when it comes to the culture of "over-sharing" and egging it on all the time, to such extremes...:mad:
  • Options
    abivanabivan Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK I love this thread but I would never shame my facebook friends normally. However, I can't stop myself with this one because she is so smug and self-satisfied. Normally I let it wash over me but tonight she has posted:

Having a cheeky wine while ***** (husband's name) cooks dinner! Love me life!!

She does all the "6 sleeps til ...... nonsense as well. AND her cleaning schedule (as though we should all give her a round of applause for not being a slovenly bitch - personally I would applaud someone who was proud that they were!) Anyway tonight it has really got on my nerves more than usual. Let's face it. it's 11.30 on a Saturday night - most of us have had a "cheeky" drink. I HATE the cheeky prefix more than anything!
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think TV shows like Loose Women have a lot to answer for when it comes to the culture of "over-sharing" and egging it on all the time, to such extremes...:mad:

agreed, totally unnecessary :rolleyes:
  • Options
    PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it when you get an update of peoples night out every 10 mins along with stupid pics of them posing in the the taxi.

I bet you're a right old laugh hey. Why don't you just unsubscribe from them then?
  • Options
    CowieCowie Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abivan wrote: »
    SNIP

Having a cheeky wine while ***** (husband's name) cooks dinner! Love me life!!

SNIP

I HATE the cheeky prefix more than anything!

Ugh I hate those "life is great" "love my life" "life is perfect" posts

EDIT: On thinking about it I don't mind it from some people, people who put various other updates but the ones who have to put "love my life" after a brag nearly every status annoy me.
  • Options
    mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of mine keeps posting about her IBS, 2 updates about it already today (I think the record was 7 ibs updates in 2 hours:rolleyes:)
  • Options
    russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just found this on that happyplace website someone linked to;

Jason is in a relationship

Martha congrats! Who is the lucky lady?
    Jason Amy!
    Martha when did this happen?
    Jason last night!
    Amy just because I gave you a sympathy blowjob does not mean we are "in a relationship"

So funny!

Love it. And 0 sleeps til I unfriend you :)

My favourite is a former colleague who posts like he's the BBC or government. Example: "Over 10k calls per half hour are being made to 911 in NYC. Please only call 911 if life-threatening emergency! Use 311 to report down trees." Synced with Twitter, so often with #tags too.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had this gem earlier:

"On the 11th hour of thee 11th day if thee 11th month we will remember you"

I'm sure our ancestors would be thrilled to learn they died for our right to spell things improperly on Facebook for no particular reason.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate the trend for things being "cheeky" too, completely grinds my gears.

Same with "Cheeky glass of wine/Chinese takeaway/night out - it'd be rude not to!"
    No it wouldn't, no-one cares either way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the trend for things being "cheeky" too, completely grinds my gears.

Same with "Cheeky glass of wine/Chinese takeaway/night out - it'd be rude not to!"
    No it wouldn't, no-one cares either way.

I hate it too. It's just so twee. Pass me the sick bucket.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone want to have a go at defining what constitutes something worthy of a facebook status/checkin/photo?

Is FB supposed to be highbrow?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I hate hate hate the 'messy night out' thing.

Example - 'going out with the girls later, have a feeling things are gonna get messy!!!!!'

What are they going to do? Roll around in dog shit?
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Followed by "I don't remember these being taken"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indie.star wrote: »

What are they going to do? Roll around in dog shit?

More likely some strangers cum.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    one of my friends posted this:
    did you wanna 'ask' me or 'axe' me coz seriously one of them is murder ! speak properly...**** sake !

and in his next status this:
    kool has been sik tonight ! definitely super sunday !

which is how he speaks.

:D:D
This discussion has been closed.