Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 7)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    20Colmanct wrote: »
    Yes, it's all detailed in the spoilers for upcoming episodes, but don't look if you don't want to know! ;) :
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/

Thankies, i looked :D. x
  • DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lotty, saying that Katie should remember her past sins, has reminded me of one of my alltime fav ED scenes.

The one in the Woolpack from a year or so ago when everyone was looking down at Cain like he was a pile of Horse Manure that had been dumped at the Bar.
    Cain looked around and pointed the finger at everyone, reminding them that they had all "sinned" and were no better than he was at the end of the day.

Classic moment imho!
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dixon wrote: »
    Lotty, saying that Katie should remember her past sins, has reminded me of one of my alltime fav ED scenes.

The one in the Woolpack from a year or so ago when everyone was looking down at Cain like he was a pile of Horse Manure that had been dumped at the Bar.
    Cain looked around and pointed the finger at everyone, reminding them that they had all "sinned" and were no better than he was at the end of the day.

Classic moment imho!

'****, conman, tax evader, did her husband's brother, rapist for a son' - yep that pretty much sums up the entire village:D
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Classic moment imho!
    '****, conman, tax evader, did her husband's brother, rapist for a son' - yep that pretty much sums up the entire village:D

:cool: One of the best scenes in ED ever! Contrived as hell, as if people would just sit there and take that crap but my God it was satisfying to watch! I loved it! :D

OMG, watching the Edna and Jimmy scene now :cry: So sad when she's talking about her dad fighting at Passendale and how she feels like she's lost her pride and that was the only thing she had left. Well written, well acted little scene. Bravo.

However I do think they've gone a bit too over the top. Edna hasn't just got a dodgy roof but now her radiator's broken resulting in a ruined her carpet too? Not forgetting the now kaput front door which will need replacing. All that would be bad enough but she's had to contend, care and pay for expensive treatment for a cancerous dog (companion) for months. They really have piled the misery on top of misery on top of misery for this poor woman :(

I'm finding the Brenda story quite interesting too. I liked this new, improved and feisty (in a good way) woman yet it's probably
    caused by her brain lesions/growth
    which is a bit of a shame because if she
    survives (which hopefully she will!)
    she'll probably revert to the dim and daft 'cafe' version of Brenda - yet when she first came onto the show she was more like she is now! (IIRC).

I am also liking her and Bob together, to me it seemed to grow organically through working together and wasn't the result of the SB random coupling machine!

Anyone else feel a bit satisfied when Uncle Zak reminded Marlon that Paddy was only out of work because of HIM so it was a bit much to give him the push from the kitchen? :cool:

To my surprise I quite enjoyed this episode - and I don't think it's a coincidence that there was no dismal Debbie or Home Farm crap in sight! Just characters that I like or think are OK/interesting. Even the Spencers were tolerable! :eek: Nice one ED.

And on a different note - where's Tinkie? Hope everything's OK. (rather selfishly I missed her episode resume! :o)
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Lotteh,

Poor Edeneh - it never rains but it pours, (which is a shame when your roof's leaking). :(

Tinkie said she's picked up a nasty virus and feeling rotten (post 1712), so probably didn't have the energy for a summary.:(
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    :D:D:D I like it! And you won't be surprised to find out that it's not the first time I've been called it (Lotty is actually my real nickname.)

Well, I don't want to see her leave the show just have a less selective memory when it comes to who cheated on whom, when :D

What I want, what I really really want (ooh I've gone all Spice Girl) is for her to split up with Declan. I think they're :yawn::sleep: together but only if she doesn't get back with Andy again - ever.

(don't want much do I? :o)

Thinking about the selective memory thing, Andy and Katie had got back together and technically the Robert thing had all been forgiven and sorted out, then just as they were happy Jo came along and broke them up again so that was much more recent than the Robert thing and far more likely to be on Katie's mind. Enough to make her not her want to get back with Andy again anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    next week's photos on the ITV website show her getting x ray results. I think it's a brain tumour. She's playing the part very well at the moment.

It might make her a bit less bland and boring anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Hi Lotteh,

Poor Edeneh - it never rains but it pours, (which is a shame when your roof's leaking). :(

Tinkie said she's picked up a nasty virus and feeling rotten (post 1712), so probably didn't have the energy for a summary.:(

Pride doesn't help you eat or heat your house.

Pride helps you die of hypothermia.

Accepting help is normally a good thing.

Listen to me I come from a family who would never ask for help for anything, Ostrich tendencies are high in my family as is the hoping things will sort themselves out if you do nothing which often to be fair does work but not always as my mum found out to her cost.
  • Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Thinking about the selective memory thing, Andy and Katie had got back together and technically the Robert thing had all been forgiven and sorted out, then just as they were happy Jo came along and broke them up again so that was much more recent than the Robert thing and far more likely to be on Katie's mind. Enough to make her not her want to get back with Andy again anyway.

except in the aftermath of the killer copper she wanted to and he knocked her back
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    except in the aftermath of the killer copper she wanted to and he knocked her back

Compared with him even the wife beater was a knight in shining arnour.:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brief Analysis of Emmerdale Characters - Have things more important to do today if you will believe that.

1) Jimmy - Hero of the day along with Rodney, saved Edna, had her plumbing fixed, had her door fixed and found out about her money problems.

2) Edna - She lives to be rude to people in the future and hopefully accept help.

3( Rodney was conveniently around for the first ep in weeks.

4) Tootsie got help for Edna

5) Batty Brenda slept with Bob, went funny in the head nearly hurt Molly and then shouted a lot when Georgia accused her of Drinking.

6) Georgia was a dragon in defening Molly from batty Brenda.

7) Gennie was concerned then got shouted at by Batty.

8) Bob - Urrggghhh how could you.

9) Sam - Still avoiding Rachel

10 Rachel still avoiding Rachel

11) Ruby tried to stop the avoiders avoiding.

12) Amelia - Still hasn't found a comb

13) Nicola - She and jimmy sorted the workers out.

14) The Workmen - Lecherous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Classic moment imho!

That was absolutely brilliant- there aren't enough scenes like that
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pride doesn't help you eat or heat your house.

Pride helps you die of hypothermia.

Accepting help is normally a good thing.

Listen to me I come from a family who would never ask for help for anything, Ostrich tendencies are high in my family as is the hoping things will sort themselves out if you do nothing which often to be fair does work but not always as my mum found out to her cost.

You and I know that, but it's different for people of Edna's generation. They are quite simply hard-wired to believe that you stand or fall on your own and you don't 'embarrass' yourself by asking for help.

My late mum was the same. Not in a financial way, but in a health way. She was so terribly concerned about 'not being a burden' to her family, she ended up being far far more of a burden through refusing to acknowledge she needed help and thus ending up passed out in a diabetic coma because in the end she could never remember if she had taken her insulin or not.

Yes Edna's behaviour is frustrating, but many of us can confirm that it is all too true to life. And it's a mentality that will not change through trying to force 'common sense' on them. :(
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of Edna, but I do feel sorry for h er. It will be horribly humiliating for her to
    move in with Jimmy and Nicola. At least Jimmy will treat her with a lot of respect. She might even be a good influence on Thomas, as she tried to be with Carl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You and I know that, but it's different for people of Edna's generation. They are quite simply hard-wired to believe that you stand or fall on your own and you don't 'embarrass' yourself by asking for help.

My late mum was the same. Not in a financial way, but in a health way. She was so terribly concerned about 'not being a burden' to her family, she ended up being far far more of a burden through refusing to acknowledge she needed help and thus ending up passed out in a diabetic coma because in the end she could never remember if she had taken her insulin or not.

Yes Edna's behaviour is frustrating, but many of us can confirm that it is all too true to life. And it's a mentality that will not change through trying to force 'common sense' on them. :(

I was also talking about the health way, at the best of times my family has an aversion of going to the Doctor (I only went myself because I couldn't breathe anymore because of my Asthma and thought I might die any moment) but ignoring / being in denial of breast cancer until it was way past time anything could have been done about it, indeed it was only a month between finally going to the doctors and when she died. So asking for help whatever it is is always best.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of Edna, but I do feel sorry for h er. It will be horribly humiliating for her to
    move in with Jimmy and Nicola. At least Jimmy will treat her with a lot of respect. She might even be a good influence on Thomas, as she tried to be with Carl.

Didn't work with Carl much and I think Thomas is Cameron bait (just a guess mind)
  • dobby's bludgerdobby's bludger Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't work with Carl much and I think Thomas is Cameron bait (just a guess mind)
    i think so too
  • dobby's bludgerdobby's bludger Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can edna get the medals back:confused:
  • mr. mustardmr. mustard Posts: 48,888
    Forum Member
    everyone was looking down at Cain like he was a pile of Horse Manure
    How apt for someone with sh*t for brains.
  • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Classic moment imho!

That was a fantastic scene :D
  • DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was absolutely brilliant- there aren't enough scenes like that

Since that scene we could have a follow up that includes Jai, Rachel, Cameron, Declan, Megan, Robbie plus those who weren't in the pub first time around:D
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6497 Monday 11 March 7.00pm – 7.30pm

When Katie’s horse requires a vet things go badly wrong for Vanessa
    Debbie gives Cain an ultimatum when he stands up to her over Moira
    Brenda’s caught when Dan discovers her secret

6498 Tuesday 12 March 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Robbie takes matters into his own hands
    Katie increases her demands when Paddy unwittingly drops Vanessa in it
    Brenda explains to Dan why she won’t confide in Bob

6499 Wednesday 13 March 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Aware Cain is covering for his daughter, Moira confronts Debbie
    Realising Robbie is the real thief, Cain gets what is owed to him
    Rhona and Paddy are at loggerheads over whether to fire Vanessa

6500/01 Thursday 14 March 2013 18.45pm – 19.45pm (hour ep)

Cain’s increasingly concerned about Debbie’s hardnosed behaviour
    Bob’s heartbroken to see Brenda and Dan together and confronts Dan
    Vanessa goes to extreme lengths to reconcile Paddy and Rhona

6502 Friday 15 March 2013 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Bob angrily confronts Dan over Brenda
    Katie delivers her final demands to Paddy
    Sandy is down after hearing he doesn’t qualify for sheltered housing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    6497 Monday 11 March 7.00pm – 7.30pm

When Katie’s horse requires a vet things go badly wrong for Vanessa
    Debbie gives Cain an ultimatum when he stands up to her over Moira
    Brenda’s caught when Dan discovers her secret

6498 Tuesday 12 March 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Robbie takes matters into his own hands
    Katie increases her demands when Paddy unwittingly drops Vanessa in it
    Brenda explains to Dan why she won’t confide in Bob

6499 Wednesday 13 March 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Aware Cain is covering for his daughter, Moira confronts Debbie
    Realising Robbie is the real thief, Cain gets what is owed to him
    Rhona and Paddy are at loggerheads over whether to fire Vanessa

6500/01 Thursday 14 March 2013 18.45pm – 19.45pm (hour ep)

Cain’s increasingly concerned about Debbie’s hardnosed behaviour
    Bob’s heartbroken to see Brenda and Dan together and confronts Dan
    Vanessa goes to extreme lengths to reconcile Paddy and Rhona

6502 Friday 15 March 2013 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Bob angrily confronts Dan over Brenda
    Katie delivers her final demands to Paddy
    Sandy is down after hearing he doesn’t qualify for sheltered housing

Thanks for posting.
    Too much Debbie Dingle for my liking in these spoilers :rolleyes:. Knew she wouldn't be out of it for long

Liked tonight's episode. Assertive Jimmy is good!! Glad Edna finally agreed to stay with him and Nicola. Only wish Jimmy was a bit more like that when it comes to Charity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Lotteh,

Poor Edeneh - it never rains but it pours, (which is a shame when your roof's leaking).

Tinkie said she's picked up a nasty virus and feeling rotten (post 1712), so probably didn't have the energy for a summary.

Hi Onj! I remember reading that Wor tinkie (bet she loves the Geordie nickname ;):D) wasn't well, she hasn't turned up tonight either (though there's time yet) so I hope she gets well soon as I really miss her 'shooting from the lip' analysis!

Get well soon Tinks, hope your daughter OK too.

Nah, she's just got a selective memory :p:D Remembers when someone craps on her but not when she craps on other people!

Jimmy might treat her with respect but will Nicola? :eek:
    I can see some clashes ahead!
    I was also talking about the health way, at the best of times my family has an aversion of going to the Doctor (I only went myself because I couldn't breathe anymore because of my Asthma and thought I might die any moment) but ignoring / being in denial of breast cancer until it was way past time anything could have been done about it, indeed it was only a month between finally going to the doctors and when she died. So asking for help whatever it is is always best.

I wonder if my mother is related to your family?! She's exactly the same and will probably put off going to the Doc's until it's too late too. We have to practically kosh her over the head and carry her kicking and screaming to the car before she'll go then when she gets there I'm sure she doesn't tell them the full story and says she's OK! It's very frustrating.

Mind you she puts everything off, her mantra is "why do today what you can do tomrorrow!"

Sorry to hear about your relative, that was tragic :(

Thanks to Dullag for posting the spoilers! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    20Colmanct wrote: »
    Thanks for posting.
    Too much Debbie Dingle for my liking in these spoilers :rolleyes:. Knew she wouldn't be out of it for long

Liked tonight's episode. Assertive Jimmy is good!! Glad Edna finally agreed to stay with him and Nicola. Only wish Jimmy was a bit more like that when it comes to Charity.

I haven't seen tonight's episode yet but I totally agree with this sentiment!
This discussion has been closed.