Your favourite/worst guest stars in Doctor Who

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    A leading contender for the worst? That bleedin' Eastenders actress in Planet of the Dead. Admittedly, even a supremely talented thespian couldn't have saved that 'special' but Jesus......awful character played by an even worse actress. *shudder*
  • bokononbokonon Posts: 2,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ryanr554 wrote: »
    I generally like James Corden but the episodes he appears in are complete and utter garbage. It is more so to do with the bad plot than the guest star but they are still terrible.

Its funny how people can have such opposite reactions. I loathe James Corden with a passion- his neediness tends to leak into his performances and you don't have to be a contrarian to find the 'please like me' vibe offputting. But The Lodger almost persuaded me I had been too harsh on him. If the Caretaker is half as good it will be my favourite episode of the Capaldi era.
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Corrie and Dinnerladies actresses - Thelma Barlow and Anne Reid played good parts (in seperate stories).
    John Cleese's appearance was too brief in the 70's!
    James Corden was quite good (I don't normally like him) - but he became a nice loveable guy!
    Philip Madoch was a brilliant villain in the 1966 movie - and was in the 70's TV series as the creator of The Brain of Morbius!
    Bruno Langley was a bit shit as Adam - but he tried his best!
    Was Eric Roberts a bit too camp as The Master ??
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    I liked Bruno as Adam but his character was only there to yet again show how supposedly awesome Rose was as a companion and I sid t think much of her as a companion, Adam was a lot better
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Already given a few 'best' choices but want to add as don't think they've been mentioned;

Kevin Stoney, brilliant as Mavic Chen in 'Dalek Masterplan' and Tobias Vaughan in 'The Invasion'. "Packer!"

Speaking of; Peter Halliday in said story is rather brilliant too, and gave a witty performance in the terrific 'Carnival of Monsters'. Was also nice to see him as the blind vicar in 'Remembrance...' Two very fine actors.

It's a shame Kevin Stoney didn't play Vorus in Revenge Of The Cybermen, would have suited him better, he's much better as a villain.

As for Peter Halliday, I thought he was superb as Captain Tancredi's guard in City Of Death. It was only a small part but he just made the usual role of a slow witted, but officious guard just that bit better. Also, though I dislike The Silurians, he did a good job of the Silurian Voices as well.

:)