Options

Stevie McCrorie #1 on iTunes

Comments

• Options
    Trmcg5Trmcg5 Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy's version probably would've done worse, it's unlikely an opera song will get to the top of the charts or even break the top 5 or 10.
  • Options
    LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's gunna chart at #3, behind Nick & Jess. Which is still great
  • Options
    Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly 5000 sales will be a gap easily closed on Stevie. Jess Glynn got 14,000 sales from streaming by the end of the last week which she'll get a similar amount of this week, a top three placing is excellent for Stevie, really can't wait to see where he charts, anything that beats the previous peak for a Voice winner is a good sign in the age of streaming
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys Stevie single is now available on Spotify which will hopfully help some more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly 5000 sales will be a gap easily closed on Stevie. Jess Glynn got 14,000 sales from streaming by the end of the last week which she'll get a similar amount of this week, a top three placing is excellent for Stevie, really can't wait to see where he charts, anything that beats the previous peak for a Voice winner is a good sign in the age of streaming

How do you find out how much sales there making from streaming?
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,634
    Forum Member
    EDIT; I got to the bottom of page 2 and thought that was the last post. lol :p

Well Nick Jonas has inevitably gone to #1 on iTunes - it was always looking likely to happen.

However, Stevie probably needs a few more TV appearances and performances to ensure Lost Stars doesn't plummet dramatically by the end of the week.

Jess Glynne is also #2 combined on iTunes (single version and Now 90 effect) putting Stevie into third place.

However, there's still a fairly big sales gap between Stevie and Ed Sheeran's Bloodstream in 4th place.

Now that it's on Spotify it will be interesting to see if Stevie gets enough streams to climb up the streaming chart.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    I'm more amazed by Nick Jonas to be honest. I was listening to that song last summer . why is it only charting now :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    EDIT; I got to the bottom of page 2 and thought that was the last post. lol :p

Well Nick Jonas has inevitably gone to #1 on iTunes - it was always looking likely to happen.

However, Stevie probably needs a few more TV appearances and performances to ensure Lost Stars doesn't plummet dramatically by the end of the week.

Jess Glynne is also #2 combined on iTunes (single version and Now 90 effect) putting Stevie into third place.

However, there's still a fairly big sales gap between Stevie and Ed Sheeran's Bloodstream in 4th place.

Now that it's on Spotify it will be interesting to see if Stevie gets enough streams to climb up the streaming chart.

Is there a stream chart?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »
    I'm more amazes by Nick Jonas to be honest. I was listening to that song last summer . why is it only charting now :confused:

Because record labels in the UK insist on holding back new releases for a couple of months to build up pre-order sales. That way when the singles get released, they get an artificial sales figure.

It's no longer what a song sold in 7 days. It's what a song has sold in the last two months as a pre-order - as well as once its released. In short, it's a load of bollocks!!! :D

Cheerleader by Omi is going to do the exact same thing next month. A song that has already been #1 in Australia (weeks ago) and all over Europe.

The UK chart is so stale and stagnant even the most new songs have been around for ages. Stevie McCrorie would actually be one of the freshest new entries this week which says it all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am confused the sales chart which has been posted on here, still has Stevie at number two. However on iTunes he's at number three huh?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is there a stream chart?

There sure is. :D

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/audio-streaming-chart/

Notice how similar it is to the sales chart though. :p (and how boring the chart looks once you get past the top 20)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Am confused the sales chart which has been posted on here, still has Stevie at number two. However on iTunes he's at number three huh?

iTunes tends to automatically update its chart every couple of minutes.

That just means that Jess Glynne has sold slightly more than Stevie in the last hour - enough to reclaim the #2 spot.

http://kworb.net/popuk/

I tend to use Kworb as it's a great website that monitors sales trends throughout the day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There sure is. :D

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/audio-streaming-chart/

Notice how similar it is to the sales chart though. :p (and how boring the chart looks once you get past the top 20)
    iTunes tends to automatically update its chart every couple of minutes.

That just means that Jess Glynne has sold slightly more than Stevie in the last hour - enough to reclaim the #2 spot.

http://kworb.net/popuk/

I tend to use Kworb as it's a great website that monitors sales trends throughout the day.

Thanks for all this although the Kworb one is slightly confusing plus Stevie is still two on there as well😊 plus also none of the top three songs are on that steaming chart are they? I can't see them if they are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all this although the Kworb one is slightly confusing plus Stevie is still two on there as well😊 plus also none of the top three songs are on that steaming chart are they? I can't see them if they are.

iTunes is a rolling chart so it just keeps updating throughout the day.

Kworb doesn't update as frequently so that's why Stevie is still showing up at #2 there.

Kworb isn't that confusing once you know how it works. Songs in dark red are declining in sales whilst songs in dark green are increasing in sales. In fact, it's just updated itself.

As for Spotify, the streaming chart is difficult to explain but it's virtually a week behind the singles chart. Eg; Hold My Hand climbs up to #5 in the streaming chart which is on par with the week when the song entered at #1. You never see songs enter both single & stream charts high in the same week, there just seems to be a one week delay with streaming.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iTunes is a rolling chart so it just keeps updating throughout the day.

Kworb doesn't update as frequently so that's why Stevie is still showing up at #2 there.

Kworb isn't that confusing once you know how it works. Songs in dark red are declining in sales whilst songs in dark green are increasing in sales. In fact, it's just updated itself.

As for Spotify, the streaming chart is difficult to explain but it's virtually a week behind the singles chart. Eg; Hold My Hand climbs up to #5 in the streaming chart which is on par with the week when the song entered at #1. You never see songs enter both single & stream charts high in the same week, there just seems to be a one week delay with streaming.

Thanks am still a little confused but I think I sort of understand it a bit better now 😊
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have any radio stations played Stevie's song?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjh8 wrote: »

I would like to know this as well.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjh8 wrote: »

Radio 1 and 2 have each played the track once, but that's all.

http://comparemyradio.com/artists/Stevie_McCrorie
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because record labels in the UK insist on holding back new releases for a couple of months to build up pre-order sales. That way when the singles get released, they get an artificial sales figure.

It's no longer what a song sold in 7 days. It's what a song has sold in the last two months as a pre-order - as well as once its released. In short, it's a load of bollocks!!! :D

Cheerleader by Omi is going to do the exact same thing next month. A song that has already been #1 in Australia (weeks ago) and all over Europe.

The UK chart is so stale and stagnant even the most new songs have been around for ages. Stevie McCrorie would actually be one of the freshest new entries this week which says it all.

I'm amazed 'Jealous' is only just getting a UK release, it's so 'old' relatively speaking it's already been performed as a cover by a Voice US contestant on ...the autumn edition 2014. Meanwhile the UK is only just getting the actual release. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radio 1 and 2 have each played the track once, but that's all.

http://comparemyradio.com/artists/Stevie_McCrorie

Radio Manchester interviewed him and played it yesterday, obvious connection in that early Voice rounds were held at Media City where the station is based. However, maybe other BBC local stations have followed suit?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's going to be

1) Jess Glynne
    2) Nick Jonas
    3) Stevie

or Stevie could drop out to like #6 behind James Bay, Ed and Years & Years if he keeps plummeting down at the speed hes going :O
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it's going to be

1) Jess Glynne
    2) Nick Jonas
    3) Stevie

or Stevie could drop out to like #6 behind James Bay, Ed and Years & Years if he keeps plummeting down at the speed hes going :O

He's hardly dropping that fast though. Plus there's not much in it anyway. The top four are pretty close.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's hardly dropping that fast though. Plus there's not much in it anyway. The top four are pretty close.

In the past 24 hours he's gone from selling over 90% of what Nick Jonas (#1) is selling, to selling just over half of what he's selling, I'd say thats a massive drop.
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    Shows what can happen with a good song and actually doing some promotion
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the past 24 hours he's gone from selling over 90% of what Nick Jonas (#1) is selling, to selling just over half of what he's selling, I'd say thats a massive drop.

That happens to most songs though. They can't always sell at that level. Plus his song is finally on Spotify which will help it a bit more.