Who's in the next series?

124»

Comments

• ajdcbgajdcbg Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mscaviy wrote: »
    As a West Wing nut, put me squarely in the Marlee Matlin camp. Excuse my ignorance though; isn't being able to hear the music fairly important when it comes to dance? It will be interesting to see how she manages this.

me too

loved Her in TWW - a BIG fave of mine in the Series

glad to see Mahoney in there :D

kristi to win , i think
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    ajdcbg wrote: »
    me too

loved Her in TWW - a BIG fave of mine in the Series

I'm hoping Kenny will make an appearance :)

Sorry, that won't mean anything to non West Wing fans.
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for the latest news! :):):)

Top Line-up of stars! I'm very excited for the new season! :cool:
    Quizmike wrote: »
    Kristi Yamaguchi should do very well...won't Ice Dance experience be a massive advantage? (BTW I like her by the way). It's a bit more that having been to Sylvia Young's!

Actually no, it's not at all! :) She was never a competitive *Ice Dancer* - that's a seperate discipline - she competed as a Figure Skater, ie. she did specific elements, jumps, spins, spirals, footwork, and high Lifts when she competed in Pairs as a Junior and briefly as a Senior (doing very well, 6th in Worlds), before concentrating on Singles.
    Sylvia Young students learn to do what they actually do on SCD, ie. Dance, learn choreography, and Perform.
    CP30 wrote: »
    Kristi was a fabulous and very graceful skater so I would have thought will have natural elegance and poise. I guess learning the steps and "acting" will be a new experience. But she's certainly used to live performances in front of huge crowds.

After Olympics 92 she toured for many years as a Pro performing in COI and SOI shows, learning ensemble choreography, and acting out numbers, so I doubt that will be new for her. But dancing close up with a partner, in Ballroom Hold certainly will, aswell as adjusting her posture to be more upright, and not bend in the knees as she naturally would do skating.
    As a massive skating fan, I'd really like to see how an ice skater gets on.

Me too! :) It's a pity Jayne Torvill never got the chance, as SCD invited her too late to participate after DOI came along. :(
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ooh one final word, I'm gutted for Kym she's got another tall lump as a partner who will probably be more wooden than Mark Urban. :(

Kym - you deserve so much more. :cool:

Could've done without Edyta coming back......:yawn:

Looking forward to seeing Louis. :)

Does anyone have access to Oprah? They're all appearing on Oprah tomorrow (Thursday). Will it be available to view somewhere without Sky?
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    I'm sure someone will have it up on YouTube before you know it. :D It might disappear again fairly soon afterwards as a couple of Oprah clips have vanished very quickly in the past.
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    Does anyone have access to Oprah? They're all appearing on Oprah tomorrow (Thursday). Will it be available to view somewhere without Sky?

Dance4Fun22 has set up a new YouTube account called ODance and will have the whole thing up on YouTube on Thursday night. I'll post the links on Friday morning.:)
  • CP30CP30 Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    After Olympics 92 she toured for many years as a Pro performing in COI and SOI shows, learning ensemble choreography, and acting out numbers, so I doubt that will be new for her. But dancing close up with a partner, in Ballroom Hold certainly will, aswell as adjusting her posture to be more upright, and not bend in the knees as she naturally would do skating.

Me too! :) It's a pity Jayne Torvill never got the chance, as SCD invited her too late to participate after DOI came along. :(
    Very true. Let's hope Kristi's partner can do as good a job adjusting her posture as Julianne did with Apolo.

It would be fascinating to see Jayne on SCD. She would obviously be used to getting up close to a partner and have timing, rhythm etc. Although I doubt she'd get enough of the popular vote to get to the latter stages, I'm sure she'd prove that some over 50s can dance! :D Her and Chris amaze me every week on DOI.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    If Monica can dance she'll win:)

You've jinxed it now! :rolleyes::D
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,208
    Forum Member
    Monica has got a good partner in Jonathan Roberts-she is physically fit-and she'll enjoy the challenge:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all about Mario ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Here are the first promo pics of both dancers and stars!