Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Probably the worst person I have ever met was Steve Marriott , of the Small Faces. We went to see him play in a pub , and he was obnoxious and rude to all the bar staff and kept swearing at the audience and telling us all to "f⛄️⛄️⛄️ Off". I spoke to him after the gig , and he didn't speak but just gave me the finger. He kept falling over too , as he was very drunk . He died about a week later , and I just thought this was a sad way to remember one of my heroes.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    Deleted. Just realised I didn't have permission to share. Apologies.

It was interesting reading about Mr Stiller before deletion. He doesn't sound nice.
  • SucmedicSucmedic Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if he's not genuinely arrogant & rude then he is presumably nice.

There's always Jnr smart arse around ;)
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like most heavy rock stars i have met they are well grounded, and the people i have met 11 all were really nice,Phil Lynott, Phil Campbell (Motorhead) Micheael Schenker (UFO Micheal Schenker group,Scorpions, and the rest of his current band all very nice we had a great laugh,Black Star riders (Featuring Scott Gorham (Thin Lizzy. Who even gave us a private acoustic concert, all very down to earth.:)

Heavy Rockers in my experience are very pleasant on the whole.Who respect their fan base.:)

Oh i forgot in the 90s i met Chuck Berry wandering about behind the stage at Brentwood Leisure centre,he despite his reputation signed my programme and was happy to chat.
    Heavy metal is tongue in cheek and off stage most of the performers are pleasant enough. My dad met Brian Johnson out of AC/DC in Newcastle in the eighties and said he was completely down to earth and still had his Newcastle accent and was happy to sign autographs.
    Seemingly it's the pretty boy pop acts who are the worst to their fans.
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katmobile wrote: »
    Everything I've heard about Freddie that he was actually a very quiet man away from the spotlight.

I met Freddie in the star bar in Heaven night club in the early 80's he was surrounded by friends and the bar was had a load of TV screens showing pop video's . The TV screen started playing a Queen video ,I think it was something like "Los palabros de amor " Everyone started staring at Freddie . I said to the friend I was with ,"That's him" , he said "who ?" I said "It's Freddie Mercury from Queen " my friend said "Who ?" and I said "The Guy in that video" . My friend who was none too subtle walked up to him and said "Are you him ? Freddie said " If you mean Aretha Franklin , then no that's not me " He did say it in a slightly sarcastic but humorous way and did come across as shy but friendly . The group of friends he was with were none too amused . Heaven was a good place to bump into celebs in the 80's I often saw Marc Almond there and Kenny Everett
  • HelenSnowflakeHelenSnowflake Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Heavy metal is tongue in cheek and off stage most of the performers are pleasant enough. My dad met Brian Johnson out of AC/DC in Newcastle in the eighties and said he was completely down to earth and still had his Newcastle accent and was happy to sign autographs.
    Seemingly it's the pretty boy pop acts who are the worst to their fans.

I second this after working with Fightstar (Charlie 'Busted' Simpsons band) shortly after he left the band and toured the UK with their second album. I worked as a rep who was responsible for getting some fans to meet him after they'd promoted the gig throughout the city. The manager gave us a spiel that they were late so the meet and greet wasn't happening only to find while waiting outside the venue that he was on his tourbus all that time.

When he finally relented to the meet and greet he wasn't as warm as the other members in the band and just seemed completely disinterested and thought he was above it all. It's a shame as the other members (now McBusted) seem pretty decent as my Sister in law had a chat with James only a month ago after a small gig. Someone stood on her foot and she's pretty small so didn't get in on the photo op. He then had a word with security to bring her back to make sure she had a decent picture and asked if she was ok. Can see now why they don't show much fondness to him.
  • BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I second this after working with Fightstar (Charlie 'Busted' Simpsons band) shortly after he left the band and toured the UK with their second album. I worked as a rep who was responsible for getting some fans to meet him after they'd promoted the gig throughout the city. The manager gave us a spiel that they were late so the meet and greet wasn't happening only to find while waiting outside the venue that he was on his tourbus all that time.

When he finally relented to the meet and greet he wasn't as warm as the other members in the band and just seemed completely disinterested and thought he was above it all. It's a shame as the other members (now McBusted) seem pretty decent as my Sister in law had a chat with James only a month ago after a small gig. Someone stood on her foot and she's pretty small so didn't get in on the photo op. He then had a word with security to bring her back to make sure she had a decent picture and asked if she was ok. Can see now why they don't show much fondness to him.

I've always thought of him as a snob.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Sucmedic wrote: »
    Ant McPartlin is quite arrogant and rude. Didn't seem genuine at all.

You know it's strange but i've always had this vibe off him and found him a bit "moody" - nothing from first hand experience, just things I've seen on TV throughout the years.

I've always thought Dec has always come across really well though.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Then there is Justin Bieber, an obnoxious little toerag who was unpleasant to his British fans and made comments that probably wouldn't make him popular among Black Americans.
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    You know it's strange but i've always had this vibe off him and found him a bit "moody" - nothing from first hand experience, just things I've seen on TV throughout the years.

I've always thought Dec has always come across really well though.

In their autobiography Ant does admit that he's not as outgoing as Dec and can often look quite moody, even though he's not actually in a mood. I think he is a nice person, just more naturally reserved and quiet than Dec.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Charlie from Busted was exceptionally rude to me at a signing I went to to accompany my young niece. He totally blanked me when I tried to be friendly and the other two chaps were obviously embarrassed by his behaviour and tried to cover for him to save my humiliation. I really hate seeing or hearing this undeserving gap toothed odd-bod from Carry on Screaming faced knob on tv lol!
  • jake_moore08jake_moore08 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Only met two, Crissy Rock (comedian and 'Benidorm' actress), she was lovely, and I served Jill Harbord who was the headmistress in the television programme 'Ladette to Lady' (oh the fame xD), in a shop I used to work at, and she was very nice.
  • ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twinkletto wrote: »
    Charlie from Busted was exceptionally rude to me at a signing I went to to accompany my young niece. He totally blanked me when I tried to be friendly and the other two chaps were obviously embarrassed by his behaviour and tried to cover for him to save my humiliation. I really hate seeing or hearing things undeserving gap toothed odd-bod from Carry on Screaming faced knob on tv lol!
    On the other hand Matt was lovely. I met him at a signing just after he was on I'm A Celeb and jokingly said that I should be mad at him as he ignored me last time (at a saturday morning kids tv show and to be fair there were loads of people there), and he was so apologetic about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    hubby has met Ant & Dec a few times through work and says they are genuine, nice, down to earth guys.
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,371
    Forum Member
    ellesworth wrote: »
    On the other hand Matt was lovely. I met him at a signing just after he was on I'm A Celeb and jokingly said that I should be mad at him as he ignored me last time (at a saturday morning kids tv show and to be fair there were loads of people there), and he was so apologetic about it.

I second this.

I did some artist liason work quite a few years ago at summer roadshows for pop acts - mostly just greeting them, showing them dressing rooms, getting them to the stage on time etc.

It was when Matt was releasing his solo stuff, he was top of the bill and he was an absolute dream to work with - very grateful, a lot of humour and energy and just a pleasure to be around. He stood out massively as the majority of the other acts (bar Chesney Hawkes who was also very sweet) were vile. Don't even get me started on Steve Brookstein!
  • matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Checks wrote: »
    Don't even get me started on Steve Brookstein!

Who? :D:D:D
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't even get me started on Steve Brookstein!

Middle name, 'Imnotbitter'.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've met Ant and Dec and they were very nice. I also was around the area when Kellen Lutz was in the country, I wasn't really a fan because I'm not a fan if Twilight etc... but as I walking past, I saw him speak to his management who tried to drag him away but he insisted to sign autographs for A LOT of people and was being a good lad.

My friend who currently lives in the US met Downton Abbeys Dan Stevens and spoke to him on the set of The Guest and said he was incredible to speak to..what he found funny is that when producers came over to hurry him up, he spoke to them in an American accent (as he played an American) then returned to British again talking to a friend. Must be difficult to change your accent mid sentence.

As for bad....I have heard from all the people that have come across him that Bruce Forsyth is a nasty man...but I haven't seen that. Cilla Black is not pleasant either. I have also heard unpleasant things about Dawn French.
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I second this.

I did some artist liason work quite a few years ago at summer roadshows for pop acts - mostly just greeting them, showing them dressing rooms, getting them to the stage on time etc.

It was when Matt was releasing his solo stuff, he was top of the bill and he was an absolute dream to work with - very grateful, a lot of humour and energy and just a pleasure to be around. He stood out massively as the majority of the other acts (bar Chesney Hawkes who was also very sweet) were vile. Don't even get me started on Steve Brookstein!

Oh do tell about Steve am all agog
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sucmedic wrote: »
    Ant McPartlin is quite arrogant and rude. Didn't seem genuine at all.

He's worth £62 million and he has the odd grumpy day.

That's hardcore. :D
  • bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,839
    Forum Member
    I met Matt Baker today and he was a top gent. We spoke about Blue Peter and Countryfile, and when I said he was one of my favourite BP presenters he shook my hand and seemed genuinely touched. I'm so glad someone who was so prominent in my childhood was so nice!
  • PorterjohPorterjoh Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    I'm a stand up comic - I have either met or gigged with Gary Delaney and Justin Moorhouse, both lovely, genuine people.

I sadly missed John Bishop though!
  • BarrymorefanBarrymorefan Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Anyone got any stories about Paul Weller?
  • nerdgirlfromthek83nerdgirlfromthek83 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A company I work for does some home stuff for Bryan Adam, I was ask to casually write a Christmas card for him yesterday - very surreal. :)
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A company I work for does some home stuff for Bryan Adam, I was ask to casually write a Christmas card for him yesterday - very surreal. :)

Well it is 'Christmas Time'. :)