Good luck to everyone

lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
Forum Member
✭✭
If anyone here is auditioning for this years BGT or knows someone that is auditioning then good luck If they get through I will be supporting a girl group from Paisley As my friend is in it

Comments

• fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    lewismacf wrote: »
    If anyone here is auditioning for this years BGT or knows someone that is auditioning then good luck If they get through I will be supporting a girl group from Paisley As my friend is in it

I would also like to say good luck to everyone.

I was lucky enough to be in the audience of today's daytime Edinburgh auditions. Some really good acts so far but I won't get into details as that would spoil it for others, although I seen a golden buzzer push by Ant & Dec and there are acts which I think will get people talking big time on Twitter.
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    I would also like to say good luck to everyone.

I was lucky enough to be in the audience of today's daytime Edinburgh auditions. Some really good acts so far but I won't get into details as that would spoil it for others, although I seen a golden buzzer push by Ant & Dec and there are acts which I think will get people talking big time on Twitter.

I was at the evening show and lots of great talent, only 2 acts all night received 4 Red X's.

Again, no spoilers, only thing I will say is there wasn't much variety, not one act needing a stage set up beyond mic stands.
    Forum Member
    I was at the evening show and lots of great talent, only 2 acts all night received 4 Red X's.

Again, no spoilers, only thing I will say is there wasn't much variety, not one act needing a stage set up beyond mic stands.

Sorry for the amount you time you had to wait to get in, the daytime show didn't start until around 3 when it was supposed to be 1.30pm. The judges took over an hour to get in so they started to let the people at the back of the queue in the building while keeping the first 50 outside and I was one of them so I feet were really numb by the end. David arrived first and spent a lot of time interacting with all of the crowd even the ones over the road without a ticket which was a nice touch, then Amanda arrived 15 - 20 minutes later and spent some time outside but went in rather quickly well it was really cold almost freezing, then Alesha arrived must of been at least 30 minutes after Amanda the crew were getting a bit bored and cold with the waiting and so were the crowds outside so they pretty much started with screaming and cheering but by the time Simon arrived which took forever some of the crowd had left but the ones that stayed were loud enough for the show I guess. Then it was off inside so I was very happy I did not see the significance from a ticket holder to see them going in since you see them inside too but the rest were very happy. It took a while before the first buzzer was heard and when it happened everyone was in shock, I didn't realise it was THAT loud the TV show does not do it justice it makes the ground shake. I had to leave before the last act as I would have missed my train I managed to catch it in time though. I got a bit confused at the end and clapped for an act that I did not like.

The warm up man was quite funny and made it a really entertaining show including getting someone out the audience on stage where he emptied there bag which for some reason contained the Karma Sutra and Amanda chased him around the stage after he stole her phone at the break, made us sing Happy Birthday to a production team member. These are not spoilers though as they won't be in the TV show sadly. He also managed to phone an audience members boyfriend where he got Simon to leave a message saying that she was not coming home tonight or something like that and he got David to say something like she does crazy stuff in bed of something like that on this guy's voice-mail. He also called her mum and asked her if she liked David Walliams to which she replied "No" to audience laughter and then he asked if she liked Simon Cowell to which she replied "Who?" to more applause and then she said something "oh that short guy". He invited her down to the evening audience but she refused. Really funny in-between bits. There was an in between bit that will be shown on TV however involving David.

Ant & Dec were in the building and did not come out probably for the best given how cold it was. Stephen Mulhern did not appear to be there though to film for Britain's Got More Talent although they could have had him in the back.

It was quite surreal actually being there and my mind was partly thinking that I was watching on TV backwards but this happened to me when I visited the Coronation Street set. I was quite near the stage though being four rows in from the stage. As I was leaving I had to wait while they filmed an act leaving the theatre although I realised that this is staged as they had to do it again as the the person messed up their lines. They also didn't leave either as the person went up stairs after that was filmed.

I seen one of the acts getting their VT filmed on the Royal Mile too.

Overall it was a great day out and a nice preview, some acts I liked and others that I did not like. It was quite awkward to be in the audience when there was split opinion. An act got a standing ovation and I seemed to be only one who did not give them one. So you will see me on TV sitting down while you lot at home cheer them on. Although I did not like this person from the moment they went on stage, I was in a strange mindset then. I will need to see it again on stage to see if I like he/she or not. The golden buzzer act got a standing ovation all round.

We had to film our shocked faces on which I based my one someone getting their fingers chopped off on stage, aww face (I hope they don't my one as that was embarrassing) I don't tend to go aww at things. We also had to film a standing ovation to the warm up guy. This made it seem a bit fake since they could use one my reactions for an act which I did not see.

There was not animal acts when I was there.
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing I will say is there wasn't much variety, not one act needing a stage set up beyond mic stands.

I was at the daytime and it was the same. So disappointing! Only two acts that weren't singers or dancers. BGT is about variety, singers should be banned from applying unless they offer something different.
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck everyone
    I have been to recordings of BGT before and I found the warm up man dreadful,he is same guy who does X Factor.
    Personnaly I find it very rude for the judges to be late
    They have cars to take them to where it is being recorded
    Forum Member
    Good luck everyone
    I have been to recordings of BGT before and I found the warm up man dreadful,he is same guy who does X Factor.
    Personnaly I find it very rude for the judges to be late
    They have cars to take them to where it is being recorded

He is not shy though at one point he was dry humping Amanda's mobile phone on stage in front of 1,915 people for no particular reason.