Options

"In the Flesh" BBC Zombie Drama Starts 17th March on BBC Three

1235»

Comments

• Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Biggest shock for me was how attractive Amy actually is when she has her eyes in, so to speak.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    There's an interview with Emily Bevan who plays Amy in the latest issue of SFX. It's a pretty good read.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Anyone know what the song that plays during the third episode's credits is called?
  • Options
    hendollhendoll Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed this show a lot. The last episode had me close to tears. For me it wasn't just about discrimination. It was about unconditional love and what that entails and how it affects family dynamics.

@Si-Crewe Yeah it was obvious that they were gay but that wasn't the main focus and neither was the zombie thing. So criticising those aspects kind of misses the whole point, seems to me. OK it was set in North England but it could have been anywhere. Get past the accents!

I hope this was the end, it was right and enough.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    @above: I wouldn't mind if the next series (if it's made) focused on a new set of characters or something like that. There's a lot of questions unanswered -- but they're all about the Undead Prophet, his "village", all that jazz. Kieren's second life's got all the send-off it needs.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twogunthom wrote: »
    What actually caused them to become zombies?

Budget cuts. Vampires and Ghosts are too expensive :D
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @above: I wouldn't mind if the next series (if it's made) focused on a new set of characters or something like that. There's a lot of questions unanswered -- but they're all about the Undead Prophet, his "village", all that jazz. Kieren's second life's got all the send-off it needs.
    I agree. It logically has to be about the so-called commune mentioned, and the prophet - no reason to mention them at all otherwise. On the other hand, that road could lead to the show becoming just another zombie rampage movie, but not necessarily I guess. It could depend on what kind of budget they get - this show was cleverly done, no zombie rampage was needed, very low-cost doing it long after the outbreak's been contained.
  • Options
    DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rick was so sexy even with the staples, i had to google him after.

So from what im gathering they were both gay?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kieren and Rick, yes, far as I can tell were gay or at least were fooling around with each other.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I agree. It logically has to be about the so-called commune mentioned, and the prophet - no reason to mention them at all otherwise. On the other hand, that road could lead to the show becoming just another zombie rampage movie, but not necessarily I guess.
    To me it still feels more like a vampire thing than a zombie one. Zombies aren't sentient. PDS sufferers are; yet they don't need to eat and presumably will therefore live forever (unless killed). Some of the characters have said as much; it's the upside of PDS. And I think that website and the commune are about realising the possibilities.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Really disappointed that the BBC aren't continuing with this. Another crtically acclaimed cult show getting dumped far too soon
  • Options
    ftakeithftakeith Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the fades and in the flesh both won baftas and are axed by bbc3
  • Options
    zexstreamzexstream Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    absolute joke, wouldn't be surprised if this had something to do with BBC Three going Internet only with cut budgets.

Shame someone else cant pick up this, gutted when we lost the fades and here we go again with In the flesh.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    Fed up with zombie shows. Scrap them all except the Walking Dead.
  • Options
    DreamRJDreamRJ Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Fed up with zombie shows. Scrap them all except the Walking Dead.

Stupid comment, *except Walking Dead* seriously.................................................
  • Options
    moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    ftakeith wrote: »
    the fades and in the flesh both won baftas and are axed by bbc3
    I don't believe this- all the crap that's on and they axe these :(
  • Options
    wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a symbolic sign of what the BBC has become. It only caters for the older generation. This was one the best shows they produced in years.

Or it's more we can't be seen to be closing a channel with an award winning tv show
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wowboy wrote: »
    It's a symbolic sign of what the BBC has become. It only caters for the older generation. This was one the best shows they produced in years.

Or it's more we can't be seen to be closing a channel with an award winning tv show

Srange then that the BBC 3 Controller said the Fades was cancelled because only the older Generation was watching it and not the young Demo they wanted.

Speaking specifically about The Fades, Bennett said that the show "didn't engage with young adults", claiming that its audience was "much older" than the 16-32 age bracket that the channel aims to entertain.

I wouldn't be surprised if In the Flesh was getting a similar audience so if the BBC was really catering for the older generation they should have kept both shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    Srange then that the BBC 3 Controller said the Fades was cancelled because only the older Generation was watching it and not the young Demo they wanted.

I wouldn't be surprised if In the Flesh was getting a similar audience so if the BBC was really catering for the older generation they should have kept both shows.

It's sad that the BBC worry so much about demographics . What does it matter who watches it as long as people watch? I loved the whole feel of In the Flesh, it was very underrated and I think had so much further to go.
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member

That's great, I've signed the petition even though I don't have amazon tv atm. Hope they get loads more signatures :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'll sign it but I'm not holding out hope for anything.

I think BBC3 were wrong to axe this but sadly, I'm not surprised they did either.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moonlily wrote: »
    What does it matter who watches it as long as people watch? I loved the whole feel of In the Flesh, it was very underrated and I think had so much further to go.

Well when the budget only allows for one drama per year on the channel; and the channel is targeted at a specific demo - then it makes sense that the one drama should be targeted at that demo.

Personally I think it should have just been "re-homed" onto bbc 2
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Could In The Flesh be saved by Amazon

i hope so :)

It's produced by BBC Drama Productions, so the BBC would still need to be involved. I'm not 100% certain the BBC would be able to produce a show for another network to première, even if they got second run rights (Ripper Street is produced by Tiger Aspect), but it's nice someone's considering it...