BENEFITS: Can't Work, Won't Work

Comments

• PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    nomad2king wrote: »
    One thing I don't get is the couple who were supposedly to sick to work, but were working on a voluntary basis.

I work for a charity and many of the volunteers are on benefits for sickness and say that they cannot do paid work. The usual reason stated is that a paid job would require them to attend every day and yet with voluntary work they don't have to attend when their health isn't up to it. So it suits people who have changeable health conditions.

Not saying that applies to this pair, but that's the reasoning (nearly always) given.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Pretzel wrote: »
    I work for a charity and many of the volunteers are on benefits for sickness and say that they cannot do paid work. The usual reason stated is that a paid job would require them to attend every day and yet with voluntary work they don't have to attend when their health isn't up to it. So it suits people who have changeable health conditions.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/264508/dwp1023.pdf
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Andagha wrote: »
    This guy really is deluded, he still thinks he's going to make it as an actor..

I read in the Daily Mail that he wants to be the next Danny Dyer.

To be fair to him, from the fifteen minutes I saw, he's better looking, has more wit and charm and his missus is better looking than that hard faced old hag Dyer's shacked up with.

Good luck to him I say!
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read in the Daily Mail that he wants to be the next Danny Dyer.

To be fair to him, from the fifteen minutes I saw, he's better looking, has more wit and charm and his missus is better looking than that hard faced old hag Dyer's shacked up with.

Good luck to him I say!

You ARE kidding I hope.

Dyer's Missus
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/danny-dyer-says-jo-mas-5026577

Deluded wannabe movie star scrounger's missus
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2919685/Grandmother-61-brought-seven-children-benefits-wants-baby-toy-boy-lover-34-having-op-NHS-boost-sex-life.html

Really?:o
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    Imagine having sex with that 61 year old beauty. She has already had 7 children in the past - has she had a rebore and new cylinder liners, I wonder?
    Yuk, yuk yuk . Makes me glad that I have been celibate all my life. Revolting lot

There are some very attractive 61 year olds out there that you wouldn't mind being with but I can taste the sick in my throat thinking of that one!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »

They probably mean Danny Dyer's missus in Eastenders - who despite being a great actress, does have some deep frown lines in her forehead when she's delivering her lines.
    Even so, the comparison is ridiculous!

That article is hilarious - the old girl has a 'designer vagina' :o after an op on the NHS to boost her sex life. :o I can't believe I just typed that! :o
    Far TOO. MUCH. INFO! :o

I haven't even had my breakfast yet. & now I can't 'unread' it...... :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are some very attractive 61 year olds out there that you wouldn't mind being with but I can taste the sick in my throat thinking of that one!

I agree. She's hardly what I think of when I think 'cougar'..................
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    HALibutt wrote: »
    I agree. She's hardly what I think of when I think 'cougar'..................

She does a disservice to 60+ year olds. Her appearance of course might change dramatically were she to be made up and have a decent hairstyle and a set of nashers and some elocution lessons - but that applies to SO many people nowadays.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On a serious note, I think it's disgraceful that cancer patients are denied medicines on cost grounds, yet a pensioner can be given a £2,500 'designer vagina'... It's shocking.

It's psychological help this pair need, desperately. I'd also raise questions about how this is all being allowed to happen when they clearly don't appear to do much to help themselves out of the benefits cycle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    She does a disservice to 60+ year olds. Her appearance of course might change dramatically were she to be made up and have a decent hairstyle and a set of nashers and some elocution lessons - but that applies to SO many people nowadays.

apart from all that she's pretty perfect then. haha.

Not to mention the deep lines on her face - that could even give Gordon Ramsay's a run for their money. Which is probably all down to their 100 a day roll-up **** habit.

Looking at her and thinking what it must do to you inside, plus the effect on your nails, teeth and skin it makes me SO glad I'm not a smoker.

Never mind putting scary ads on **** packets or on TV and cinema comercials, they could just stick a picture of this lady on and say 'This Is What YOU Could Look Like By 61!' - that would stop kids starting the habit and would have people running from the cinema!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    apart from all that she's pretty perfect then. haha.

Not to mention the deep lines on her face - that could even give Gordon Ramsay's a run for their money. Which is probably all down to their 100 a day roll-up **** habit.

Looking at her and thinking what it must do to you inside, plus the effect on your nails, teeth and skin it makes me SO glad I'm not a smoker.

Never mind putting scary ads on **** packets or on TV and cinema comercials, they could just stick a picture of this lady on and say 'This Is What YOU Could Look Like By 61!' - that would stop kids starting the habit and would have people running from the cinema!

Imagine if she had to give that up if she fell pregnant! :o:)

The serious side of course are the visible signs this lifestyle is killing them. The heavy smoking, the junk food, the lack of exercise, the lack of basic hygiene. If she is 61, I wonder what the actual age of her heart and lungs must be after years of abuse? Let's face it, so many of these people are going to have some painful and early deaths, all because of their lifestyles
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    They probably mean Danny Dyer's missus in Eastenders - who despite being a great actress, does have some deep frown lines in her forehead when she's delivering her lines.

That article is hilarious - the old girl has a 'designer vagina' :o after an op on the NHS to boost her sex life. :o I can't believe I just typed that! :o

OMG!!!
  • Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The wannabe actor is a simpleton and the program makers shouldn't have featured him.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member

OMG!!!
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Abriel wrote: »
    OMG!!!

why do you keep saying OMG! :confused:
  • PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    I can'r understand why the family who were evicted didn't know how much they owed or why things changed in recent years, I mean they'd been there some years and presumably things were OK for years. One explanation could be that their rent was fully covered by housing benefits but when the girlfriend moved in their housing benefit changed and perhaps they had to make a contribution and... simply didn't.

I also don't understand why they aren't sanctioned more often. When I was on job seekers allowance a couple of years ago it happened to me twice! Once admittedly my own fault, but the first time was simply bad luck- I didn't apply for a job that the advised printed out on my first visit and hey ho- six weeks of no money. And that was on contribution based JSA Anyway, this was despite applying for over twenty jobs per week and yet you see people on shows like this who admit that they have no intention of getting paid work. I don't understand how they get away with it, they must be good blaggers. I know that it's different if you're on sickness benefits, so maybe that's it.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member

Obviously, I was being facetious but his missus is not a looker. Probably why he's shagging around with anything with a pulse. Allegedly.

No, I didn't. I haven't watched EastEnders since Dyer came into it as seeing his face makes me itch. However, it really says something about the state of this country that he keeps winning acting awards.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretzel wrote: »

I also don't understand why they aren't sanctioned more often

Me too. I also would like to know if any of them are followed up and checked out as a result of this type of programme, especially where people openly admit to refusing to look for work. No matter how candid, it should still be investigated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously, I was being facetious but his missus is not a looker. Probably why he's shagging around with anything with a pulse. Allegedly.

No, I didn't. I haven't watched EastEnders since Dyer came into it as seeing his face makes me itch. However, it really says something about the state of this country that he keeps winning acting awards.

In all fairness, you could say that about Eastenders as a whole, not just Dyer.
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom2023 wrote: »
    The wannabe actor is a simpleton and the program makers shouldn't have featured him.

He might be a bit slow, but he knows fine what he's doing. The guy's too lazy to work, and he's getting away with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    He might be a bit slow, but he knows fine what he's doing. The guy's too lazy to work, and he's getting away with it.

What was that comment he made about getting job references? Was it that he didn't like them or he was afraid of them? Either way, I'm not surprised.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just started catching up with this now. Don't they realise that they should pay their rent and pay their bills before they buy their ****? Don't think I can take any more - I can feel my blood pressure rising so am switching off.
  • conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    And play on a computer too, which I would imagine is on the internet..

I hate to say it but I'm ashamed to say I come from Medway, we weren't like that when I was growing up. Kids then had dreams and stuff, plus we had aspirations and got off our rears and did stuff. Although saying that when you left school it was either, YTS, College or Army. None of this dole stuff..

You must be a reincarnation or very very old as the 'dole' has been around since 1911
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like reading your posts HALibutt :):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PERILLA wrote: »
    Just started catching up with this now. Don't they realise that they should pay their rent and pay their bills before they buy their ****? Don't think I can take any more - I can feel my blood pressure rising so am switching off.

Ooh look, I'm being done for fraud... Where's me baccy?

All about priorities.