Alesha Dixon in 'crisis talks' with BBC to repair shattered image

Tanya_CheexTanya_Cheex Posts: 223
Forum Member
Strictly Come Dancing: Alesha Dixon in 'crisis talks' with BBC to repair shattered image

Strictly Come Dancing judge Alesha Dixon is reportedly in talks with the BBC in a bid to repair her shattered image.

Read More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1215793/Strictly-Come-Dancing-Alesha-Dixon-crisis-talks-BBC-repair-shattered-image.html

Comments

• TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Wow - The Daily Mail once again ........... really, what is their agenda??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    'crisis talks' ha ha

jesus
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'crisis talks' ha ha

jesus

They will make even Alister Campbell blush with envy!:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    I refuse to believe that Alesha Dixon and her agents can have been naive enough not to have had an inkling that this was likely to happen? Even if she had been an excellent judge she'd have had to face down the ageism/pro Arlene backlash.

Alesha was very lucky that she danced well and didn't get the rough end of the judges when she was competing. If she'd had to stand week after week taking the sort of comments John Sergeant, Kate Garraway and Fiona Philllips received (and deserved) then she would really know how it felt to be criticised.

The fact that Alesha is to have access to rehearsals to prepare her comments is not only an admission that she isn't up to the job, but is preposterous. Comments prepared after a good rehearsal are going to look a bit rubbish when the celebrity gets the heel of their shoe caught in their knicker leg during a particularly energetic jive.

Give up now Alesha. 3 judges is plenty quite frankly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,842
    Forum Member
    It was in the Daily Mail. The likelihood of it being true is very low.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that Alesha is to have access to rehearsals to prepare her comments is not only an admission that she isn't up to the job, but is preposterous. Comments prepared after a good rehearsal are going to look a bit rubbish when the celebrity gets the heel of their shoe caught in their knicker leg during a particularly energetic jive.

Give up now Alesha. 3 judges is plenty quite frankly.

You mean she's stupid enough not to see the difference if the couples danced well in rehearsal but flopped in the actual dance?

Methinks it'll make her more giving to the couples by saying, "I watched you in rehearsal and you were fabulous, I know you can do it, don't let your nerves get to you." This will definitely give the celebs some much needed encouragement.

Give up? Believe me, it's best to give up being so negative about Alesha when she only did TWO shows so far.:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    Really? Again? *fights the urge to yawn*
    zankoku87 wrote: »

If you actually read the articles on SCD in the Daily Wail then you will know that they can't get even the simplest of facts correct and there are no reporters that even watch the show (re the Christine photos and no mention of Ian & Matthew which anyone who does watch the show would note at least!, and countless other examples, - dances incorrect, ages incorrect and so on) Anyway I agree, tabloid sensationalism at it's worst and the truth value is negliable

I think we should have a poll on how long it is going to take for this to die down and normality return. Face it, the Beeb is not going to do a U turn on this. The only winners out of this are the tabloids in having a field day.

I for one can't wait for it to calm down and get back to the real news ......... the dancing (in case any tabloids are bothering to read!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I think you will find that most judges/commentators etc all take notes/one-liners/prompts into the comm box or judging panel or practice them beforehand.

There's no shame in that - It's actually called being professional and doing your homework.

Seriously, people have gotta leave this poor girl alone - She's there for the very simple reason that she used to be a contestant on the show and is able to look at things from a different angle...just like cheryl cole on x-factor etc.
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree. I don't believe it at all. :mad:

All of the judges at some point have mentioned watching rehearsal performance in their comments - it is nothing new at all.
    Forum Member
    ellamena wrote: »
    If you actually read the articles on SCD in the Daily Wail then you will know that they can't get even the simplest of facts correct and there are no reporters that even watch the show (re the Christine photos and no mention of Ian & Matthew which anyone who does watch the show would note at least!, and countless other examples, - dances incorrect, ages incorrect and so on) Anyway I agree, tabloid sensationalism at it's worst and the truth value is negliable

Indeed. The first article I read about this year's SCD on their website spelt Alesha's name wrongly throughout. I thought this was ironic as it was spelt correctly in the title.

The Daily Mail is such a waste of ink and paper I'm surprised people buy it. If you think about how horrendously wrong they can be with something like Strictly, what do you think their actual "news" columns are like?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The details as reported in the Daily Mail may well not be accurate, but I'd be shocked if the BBC and Alesha's management are unconcerned by the reception she's received, and are back-slapping and giving each other high fives at the moment.

Her management surely will be worried about the impact the backlash and scathing reponse to her appearance (by some viewers and the media) will have on her image/profile and ultimately on future gigs and record sales.

And the BBC will simply be shitting bricks again at becoming embroiled in another John Sargeant - esque controversy.

The Daily Mail story maybe a little over-dramatic but I reckon, both the BBC and Alesha's management will be racking their collective brains to find a way to clear up this PR mess.
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Total and utter rubbish from the font of all distortions and mistruths.

The Daily Heil has a very clear anti-BBC agenda and clearly has no objections to rubbishing anyone and everyone in the process - not least the millions who enjoy Strictly every week.

The BBC did create a PR disaster for itself - but that does not excuse the depths to which the tabloids, and the Heil especially, is prepared to sink.

There is no story here. Again.

:rolleyes::yawn::sleep:
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get Her Off!
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    AndrewAC wrote: »
    I think you will find that most judges/commentators etc all take notes/one-liners/prompts into the comm box or judging panel or practice them beforehand.

There's no shame in that - It's actually called being professional and doing your homework.

Seriously, people have gotta leave this poor girl alone - She's there for the very simple reason that she used to be a contestant on the show and is able to look at things from a different angle...just like cheryl cole on x-factor etc.

Couldn't agree more!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    Get Her Off!

:yawn:
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is getting very boring now zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
  • QuizmikeQuizmike Posts: 5,972
    Forum Member
    Lol...if you read the article there is absolutely no substance. No quotes, no sources.

I would say totally made up if it was actually a story. But it's not. It's just another excuse for the Fail to print another anti BBC strory (oh and for people pn here to post the same thing that has been said 555000 times already.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,542
    Forum Member
    :sleep:.

I think that sums it up nicely.
    Forum Member
    Quizmike wrote: »
    Lol...if you read the article there is absolutely no substance. No quotes, no sources.

I would say totally made up if it was actually a story. But it's not. It's just another excuse for the Fail to print another anti BBC strory (oh and for people pn here to post the same thing that has been said 555000 times already.

That's the DM modus operandi. It's either "sources" or rent-a-quote from the bloody Tax Payer's Alliance or some other organisation who toe the DM line.
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sick and tired of this now. The Daily Heil should be ashamed of itself and its anti-BBC agenda. It's a nasty, nasty tabloid- seemingly intent on spreading lies, rumour and innuendo, all at the expense of various female 'celebs'. They criticise their ages, their looks, their weight (too thin AND too fat!), ad infinitum (and the worst exponents of this behaviour are the women 'writers' - and I use that term advisedly!).

Let's not let actual 'facts' get in the way of a headline. Let's take a non story, something maybe a few people on the internet and in the general populace are referring to for various reasons (they liked Arlene - why, heaven knows. She was slated last year during 'Sergeantgate' on these very boards; they don't like Alesha - we can't all like the same person; they don't like change; they would have preferred someone else etc etc) exaggerate it, whisk the readership up into a frenzy, encouraging them to complain to the BBC (even if many of them haven't the slightest idea why they're bothering, but feel they have to because 'The Mail' says they should!) and then gleefully report that 1,000s of people have made their feelings known - all the while licking their lips in satisfaction at a job well done.

Hounding innocent people on the TV who have never done any harm to them seems to be some kind of hobby with the Daily Heil. It's a heinous rag, which I wouldn't even use to wrap up my fish and chips (if I ate fish and chips. Which I don't :)).

For god's sake, give Alesha a chance and stop picking on her. Go find another target, or. better yet, employ some real journalists and start reporting on the actual NEWS (without all the scandalised 'headlines' which bear little or no relation to the truth, but whish you use to whip up your readers into anti-BBC, immigrant-hating maniacs).
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    It's a Mirror piece they are quoting from.
    The BBC and her management are drawing up a plan of action to deal with the backlash - as some of the biggest public relations agencies in the country battle it out to represent her.

She told her management: "I need help. All this abuse has to stop." A source added: "She's really upset by the criticism." Meanwhile, the Mirror can reveal Alesha, 30, is a "dead cert" to win Aspirational Celebrity at next month's Inspiration Awards for Women - hosted by the judge she replaced, Arlene Phillips, 66.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/09/24/strictly-come-dancing-alesha-dixon-in-crisis-talks-with-the-bbc-115875-21697077/
  • fancynancyfancynancy Posts: 7,991
    Forum Member
    Sports Fan wrote: »
    The details as reported in the Daily Mail may well not be accurate, but I'd be shocked if the BBC and Alesha's management are unconcerned by the reception she's received, and are back-slapping and giving each other high fives at the moment.

Her management surely will be worried about the impact the backlash and scathing reponse to her appearance (by some viewers and the media) will have on her image/profile and ultimately on future gigs and record sales.

And the BBC will simply be shitting bricks again at becoming embroiled in another John Sargeant - esque controversy.

The Daily Mail story maybe a little over-dramatic but I reckon, both the BBC and Alesha's management will be racking their collective brains to find a way to clear up this PR mess.

Yep - no doubt about it.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha! No truth in these 'crisis talks' whatsoever!
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Haha! No truth in these 'crisis talks' whatsoever!

Well there should be, if she doesn't pull it off this week it'll get even worse.
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    Well there should be, if she doesn't pull it off this week it'll get even worse.

Pull what off?

Who will decide that?

There are clearly differing opinions - so there is nothing to pull off ... yet.

The post mortem takes place in December. Not now.

And certainly not from a reheated Daily Mirror story, served up with a dash of spite and a sprinkle of lazy journalism.

:yawn: