Need help identifying 2 TV shows

lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
Forum Member
I remember Kirstie Alley being in a sitcom in the early/mid 90s, I'm sure it was on Channel 4 at either 6pm or 6:30pm. I've looked at her on IMDB and Wikipedia and can't find any mention of it. It definitely wasn't Cheers. My parents can remember it too but not much about it, like me.
Also I remember a TV show set in Belfast on a council estate. It was on BBC2 at 9/10pm. The theme tune was EMF's Unbelievable and I remember some of the characters supported Liverpool.
Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kirstie Alley was in a sitcom back in 1997 called "Veronica's Closet" but i don't know if this is the sitcom you are meaning?.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    It was before Veronica's Closet, I've seen that before and it's definitely not that. I believe she was a mother and lived in an apartment in an American city in the one I'm thinking of.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "David's Mother" ?
    David's Mother is a movie released for television in 1994 about a teen-aged autistic boy named David Goodson who lives with his single mother Sally (played by Kirstie Alley).

That's not a series tho.

If it's not on her wikipedia or imdb, she didn't do it. So it must be there somewhere, or you've the wrong woman.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think lea_uk you may have her mixed up with someone else.
  • allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it the film Look Who's Talking?? Not a TV show though...
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or you could be thinking of "Kate & Alley" which was an american sitcom on channel 4 about two mothers I think but thinking of the name Kirstie Alley by mistake?? lol
  • lindauklindauk Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one set in Belfast, did the 2 lads work in a garage and 1 of them had a girlfriend who was a nurse? she had a friend called Gusumpta?
    Foreign Bodies :)
  • angustayangustay Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's not on her wikipedia or imdb, she didn't do it. So it must be there somewhere, or you've the wrong woman.

Wikipedia is not known for it's accuracy. As good as the IMDB can be it dies have several mistakes and leaves out major details on some films and tv shows an example is

Taggart they don't even mention Neil Duncan or his character Peter Livingston in the cast list even when he was one of the original stars of the show and credited by many as responsible for the success of the show in the early years.

Kirstie made regular appearances as George Clooneys girlfriend in a sitcom called ER (not to be confused with the drama). It used to be on Friday nights in the 80s. It was quite funny and did well in the UK but got axed in the US. I think she only did a few episodes.
  • Nate SeinfeldNate Seinfeld Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neil Duncan was his Equity stage name here in the UK; not uncommon in the profession for people to use their middle name of course. :) He is living and working in the United States and uses his birth name, Alastair. Has appeared in Mad Men and most recently as an English butler in Castle! Married to the actress Anna Gunn, who is currently one of the leads in Breaking Bad.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0241885/bio
  • angustayangustay Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I guess i should have used a better example.:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I remember a one-off TV show that was an adaptation of a Roddy Doyle story that about a misunderstood kid that was always getting into trouble, that used Unbelieveable as one of its tunes.