women won millions on syndicate will not pay out- her friends.

zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/312198/312198

what would you do, if you were in a syndicate and the person who had bought the ticket will not pay you? would you physically harm her?? I think I would..

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't harm them, but definately would proceed legal advice and action.
  • upintheairupintheair Posts: 366
    Forum Member

what would you do, if you were in a syndicate and the person who had bought the ticket will not pay you? would you physically harm her?? I think I would..

But we dont know the full story. She is saying the ticket that won is separate from the syndicate.
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    upintheair wrote: »
    But we dont know the full story. She is saying the ticket that won is separate from the syndicate.

would you believe her???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    upintheair wrote: »

And it looks like she might not have won in any case.
  • upintheairupintheair Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    would you believe her???

lol, I dont know, thats why I said we dont know the full story. Why would she ring up work and boast about it? She could have just kept it quiet if she was about to rip them off.
    flobadob wrote: »
    And it looks like she might not have won in any case.

True.
  • The JanitorThe Janitor Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I foresee the lawyers making a nice packet out of this.

The others will use a no win no fee firm.
  • 3PS3PS Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Greedy cow.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she is swindling them then it's pure greed. How much does she need? :confused: Even if she's telling the truth, if that were me, I'd still give them something after winning so much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well if she has not won.. i bet some of them has already spent hundred's .. it is still cruel..
  • TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

looks like shes won nothing

as for a syndicate win she would have no option other than to give you your share as all syngicates are done through the lottery people...if the Us is the same as our country
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Say the syndicate collects enough money to buy 10 tickets and gives her the money, she goes off and buys ten sets of numbers for the syndicate and one for her.*

If she bought ten sets of numbers on one ticket and one line on another and the single line won then they have no claim. Yes she could give them some money if she wanted to but they certainly have no right to a one tenth share each.

If she bought eleven seperate tickets, provided them with details of ten sets of numbers ahead of the draw and the eleventh came up then again no real legal claim. If however she didn't give them their numbers in advance then I'd say it would be difficult for her to claim after the event that the winning ticket was hers and not theirs.

The same would apply (perhaps even more so) if she put all eleven lines on one ticket, did she tell them which were their ten lines beforehand?

Even if they had advance notice they might argue that she didn't give the syndicate a chance to pick which ten of the eleven they wanted. Although she could say that nobody objected when told which were theirs. I'm sure the lawyers would be happy to fight over that for years.

Personally if it was me, and I clearly had ten lines on one ticket that didn't win and one line on my own ticket that did, then I would give them a share. It wouldn't however be equal to my share. In this example ($62 million and 14 other people) I guess I would give a million dollars to each of them without thinking about it, I'd still have 48 million left, though 2 million might be a little high).

*I have no idea if it was 10 lines / 1 line, these are all just examples to illustrate my reasoning :D
  • Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do the syndicate not know what numbers they have chosen? And from that point of view, know themselves whether their numbers were winners or not?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    I'm sure the syndicate will sue - but if she did win on an extra ticket bought for herself then she is entitled to the winnings.
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not convinced she won.

From the story though it seems they had regular numbers that didn't come up, but gave her extra money to do some last minute tickets, maybe quick pick ones. If she bought her "seperate" winning ticket at the same time, they have a very good case, it would be impossible for her to prove which belonged to her, which didn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    to be honest.. i don't think she has myself..
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stupid woman, if she's won, share it, she's still quids in.

Seems she can't decide if she has actually won or not though - bonkers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to be honest.. i don't think she has myself..

If she hasn't won, what a coincidence that the winning ticket was bought so close to them. If she did lie about winning, I wonder why.
  • Jackboy18Jackboy18 Posts: 1,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is time to stop these stupid syndicates. They are nothing but trouble.
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she hasn't won, what a coincidence that the winning ticket was bought so close to them. If she lied about winning, I wonder why.

Notoriety?

If you were going to screw over your syndicate members would you really let them know? Or would you cash in and keep quiet for a while as you pick which island you're going to buy? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notoriety?

If you were going to screw over your syndicate members would you really let them know? Or would you cash in and keep quiet for a while as you pick which island you're going to buy? ;)

You would think so, but where's the real winner and why haven't they come forward yet? That would end it all now. This is all very odd. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2125071/Mega-Millions-winner-Mirlande-Wilson-I-hid-ticket-McDonalds.html
    Ms Wilson has yet to produce a ticket, leaving Mega Millions officials skeptical.

Stephen Martino, Maryland lottery director, told ABC: 'We don't know any more than the public or media does and it's all speculation and we're not going to get involved in that.'

Another official added: 'It's probably not this person.'

Yeh, that sounds about right! :D
  • springtimeloverspringtimelover Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jackboy18 wrote: »
    It is time to stop these stupid syndicates. They are nothing but trouble.

Dont be daft 1000s of people are in syndicates and they work just fine.
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently she hid the ticket at work - I reckon her colleagues will be tearing that place apart
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing she's won is a crock of s*** and new hair.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alt-F4 wrote: »
    Apparently she hid the ticket at work - I reckon her colleagues will be tearing that place apart

She's had a couple of days, why the hell would you not go and get it immediately

Why would you "hide" tickets anyway, other than in a desk drawer or your locker, does she do that every week?

This woman is not the winner in my opinion, she's just an idiot that thought she could (a) con the lottery people after she saw that they announced the local shop was where the winning ticket was bought (b) con her workmates too

Now the evidence is required her nonsense is unravelling.