Options

Steph and Dom meet Nigel Farage C4 10pm

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never seen Gogglebox, but I have seen Steph and Dom from Four In A Bed. I was quite intrigued by the possibilities but yeah I think like many it came across as a missed (missounded p?) opportunity.

It was Steph and Dom who came off looking worst, if you dig out their FIAB appearance they're very personable and reasonable. This just smelled a bit desperate.

I too think this has done Nigel Farage no harm. At least I know how to pronounce his surname and he feels a little more real.
  • Options
    brewer480brewer480 Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It felt like a meal in a french restaurant... all very nice but wheres the main course. It was a lot of akward small talk and a laugh here and there but no deep questions, and wasn't really interesting just felt a bit awkward. As if they had just been put infront of each other and didn't know what to say to each other.
  • Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steph and Dom-the one dimensional we're ,'Oh so hilarious darling,' posh couple. Boak

Just about the level expected from them and Farage the Face Puller, who thinks he's in touch with things. Yeah, looks like it Nige-pleb.
  • Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    artstu wrote: »
    I think it must be in OFCOM's regulations that Nigel Farage must be on TV at least twice a week.

And enter himself for all Gurning Competitions-what a rubbery faced face puller, guffawing in an extremely expensive B&B in Sandwich and the local hostelry, oh sorry-pub, forgot for a mo that Nige was just a bloke down the pub Ya, with the crass posh couple from Gogglebox=your typical politician and clueless numpty.He even put himself on display for us all to see it.
  • Options
    looloolooloo Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Well, how utterly underwhelming and cretinous did those two drunks from Sandwich come across. Found them amusing on Googlebox for 2 minutes of air time but 30 minutes of their purile self indulgent swearing drivel was 28 minutes too long.

I really actually dislike them now.
  • Options
    J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmeister wrote: »
    I'm disgusted that Channel 4 allowed that repulsive cretin on TV and now I absolutely hate Steph and Dom. Hope they leave Gogglebox soon.

Why are you 'disgusted' Because a media outlet would dare to put someone of interest to the British public on TV?
  • Options
    TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christ, what a load of moaning on here. What exactly were people expecting "Steph and Dom meet Nigel Farage" to be?

I quite enjoyed it for what it was, but then again, I wasn't expecting it to be "Frost vs Nixon".
  • Options
    J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TCD1975 wrote: »
    Christ, what a load of moaning on here. What exactly were people expecting "Steph and Dom meet Nigel Farage" to be?

I quite enjoyed it for what it was, but then again, I wasn't expecting it to be "Frost vs Nixon".

Snap, its on Channel 4 so that should be your 1st clue that its not going to be a hard hitting political programme, it also contains the 2 drunks (who i like) from Gogglebox :D
  • Options
    North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-J wrote: »
    Why are you 'disgusted' Because a media outlet would dare to put someone of interest to the British public on TV?
    TCD1975 wrote: »

Like on most of the threads, so many seem to have turned into a cross between 'Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells' and Mary Whitehouse.