✭✭

Comments

• Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member
    Perhaps he over slept.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He forgot how to get out of that massive house he lives in?

His cars wouldn't start?
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Moyles used to sometimes be late, but the team used to speak to him whilst he was the taxi.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overslept/ car broke down/ kids Ill/ he was ill/ none of our business.

Delete as applicable.
  • PassengersPassengers Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tinpot.
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    Chris Moyles used to sometimes be late, but the team used to speak to him whilst he was the taxi.

Don't you mean the bbc car that used to pick him up every day?
  • richie wildrichie wild Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Overslept/ car broke down/ kids Ill/ he was ill/ none of our business.

Delete as applicable.

You're absolutely right!

Chris has become one of our best loved broadcasters across radio and television. Built up from the grass roots of radio. Who cares if he's got more than one house or car, he's earned it... from the bottom to the top, and good on him!

Knew him from way back when on Piccadilly, Saturday nights. I was hanging around for The All Night Beat and he was a friendly guy, loving radio as much as me. He's successful... and well done to him!
  • SimonjharrissonSimonjharrisson Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're absolutely right!

Chris has become one of our best loved broadcasters across radio and television. Built up from the grass roots of radio. Who cares if he's got more than one house or car, he's earned it... from the bottom to the top, and good on him!

Knew him from way back when on Piccadilly, Saturday nights. I was hanging around for The All Night Beat and he was a friendly guy, loving radio as much as me. He's successful... and well done to him!

Cannot stand his output of 'Yappy' 'Shouty' broadcasting. In a 5 minute slot the other day whilst I was waiting in a reception at a garage, I heard 10 (yes ten) voices talking in that 5 minutes, no music, just innane drivel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cannot stand his output of 'Yappy' 'Shouty' broadcasting. In a 5 minute slot the other day whilst I was waiting in a reception at a garage, I heard 10 (yes ten) voices talking in that 5 minutes, no music, just innane drivel.

Exactly why I cannot stand that show. I bet if you tune in at 25 past the hour, you'll have Evans, Vassos Alexander and the travel woman having what is like a private chat. Entertaining radio? I don't think so. I'm not bothered about what Evans' wife is doing today, what she went abroad to buy, what takeaway he's having tonight, what Vassos' wife thinks about the news, about Vassos' neighbours, the travel woman being hysterical about it all... Oh the delights I've landed on while flicking around in the last month. The waffle is now unbearable.

Chris Evans has nothing but an enormous ego that needs constantly massaging.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    . Who cares if he's got more than one house or car, he's earned it...

Chris Evans obviously cares, as he loves talking about them at length at every given possible opportunity.
  • reverse_diodereverse_diode Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Exactly why I cannot stand that show. I bet if you tune in at 25 past the hour, you'll have Evans, Vassos Alexander and the travel woman having what is like a private chat. Entertaining radio? I don't think so. I'm not bothered about what Evans' wife is doing today, what she went abroad to buy, what takeaway he's having tonight, what Vassos' wife thinks about the news, about Vassos' neighbours, the travel woman being hysterical about it all... Oh the delights I've landed on while flicking around in the last month. The waffle is now unbearable.

Chris Evans has nothing but an enormous ego that needs constantly massaging.

Agree 100%. I would guess his huge head got stuck in his house door this morning
    Forum Member

But even on a bad day that 5 minutes will probably be more entertaining than most shows on the radio.

On DS some people moan about there being no where for radio people to work as TV stars take all of the jobs. Well here is a proper old school radio guy hosting one of the biggest shows in the country. It was the same when Moyles was on Radio 1.

People on this website are never happy.
  • ShimanoShimano Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Station ID wrote: »
    But even on a bad day that 5 minutes will probably be more entertaining than most shows on the radio.

On DS some people moan about there being no where for radio people to work as TV stars take all of the jobs. Well here is a proper old school radio guy hosting one of the biggest shows in the country. It was the same when Moyles was on Radio 1.

Yet it's perfectly acceptable for you to slag off Steve Wright at every opportunity?

In case you 'conveniently' forget or attempt to deny it:

Station ID Wrote:-

"Wright is just rehashing the one creative idea ge had in the 1980's. There is no real personality or anything real from him on his show. Just crap wackyness. Anyone as experienced as him should have worked out that if you hack songs in half to talk over them, you are talking too much or trying to play too much music. Any second rate producer can work out that by ditching the 2 minutes of crap and pointless sig tunes he plays at the start and end of each hour, he could play the songs in full. The fact this doesn't happen is nothing more than ego. "
    Forum Member
    Shimano wrote: »
    Yet it's perfectly acceptable for you to slag off Steve Wright at every opportunity?

In case you 'conveniently' forget or attempt to deny it:

Station ID Wrote:-

"Wright is just rehashing the one creative idea ge had in the 1980's. There is no real personality or anything real from him on his show. Just crap wackyness. Anyone as experienced as him should have worked out that if you hack songs in half to talk over them, you are talking too much or trying to play too much music. Any second rate producer can work out that by ditching the 2 minutes of crap and pointless sig tunes he plays at the start and end of each hour, he could play the songs in full. The fact this doesn't happen is nothing more than ego. "

Yes it is. The reason is Steve's show is Lazy and everything I have written is true. The guy us churning out the same show he did 10 years ago. Others are a bit more creative. He can and should be able to do better after all his years in the biz.

Does this mean I would bin off Wright if I was controller of Radio 2? No. He clearly gets an audience but he could be so much better and get an even bigger audience.
  • radio tunerradio tuner Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're absolutely right!

the show was called night beat .he also used to present on piccadilly "the show with no name "
  • richie wildrichie wild Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    the show was called night beat .he also used to present on piccadilly "the show with no name "

No, it was actually called All Night Beat, as it went on all night. Presented by Chris Buckley and Stu Allan, with Marcia on the phones. 5 hours of the dance music of the day. It was a fun show, both on air and behind the scenes.

Chris has done well in radio, currently running Signal in Stoke, I believe. Haven't heard what Stu's up to, but I hope he's doing fine. And what of Marcia?...
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of Evans, for all the reasons listed here but I can see why he is successful and I don't begrudge him his wealth, he has done well for himself. I do find it a bit off having his lifestyle thrust upon me and I choose to bung a compilation album on in the morning rather than the horrid breakfast shows that infest the airwaves.

BTW, OP......perhaps you can tell us reasons why you have ever been late for work in the past?
  • mine's a pintmine's a pint Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it is. The reason is Steve's show is Lazy and everything I have written is true. The guy us churning out the same show he did 10 years ago. Others are a bit more creative. He can and should be able to do better after all his years in the biz.

Does this mean I would bin off Wright if I was controller of Radio 2? No. He clearly gets an audience but he could be so much better and get an even bigger audience.

Would you hire Steve Wright for Global Radio ?
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,824
    Forum Member

We had a chat in the office about Chris's show yesterday and it was unanimous that its a unique show. Nowhere can you find a show with so much creativity crammed into three hours of radio.

People on here dislike him, yes I understand that, however there's absolutely no other breakfast show that comes anywhere close to being as good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Don't you mean the bbc car that used to pick him up every day?

ooooooh, I detect a bit of sarcasm! are you still bitter you paid for Moyle's taxi for 8 years?
  • mfrmfr Posts: 5,620
    Forum Member
    FM Lover wrote: »
    We had a chat in the office about Chris's show yesterday and it was unanimous that its a unique show. Nowhere can you find a show with so much creativity crammed into three hours of radio.

People on here dislike him, yes I understand that, however there's absolutely no other breakfast show that comes anywhere close to being as good.

I agree. It's head and shoulders above everything else I've heard and I'm impressed at how much gets pushed into each show. I would naturally listen to news in the morning but he's great to wake up to.

It helps that he's not forced into lengthy ad breaks or bizzare, dull promotional features which, for me, are a huge turn off on Absolute.
    Forum Member
    Music_711 wrote: »
    ooooooh, I detect a bit of sarcasm! are you still bitter you paid for Moyle's taxi for 8 years?

Not at all. Well worth the money. I'm more upset about paying Richard Alli son's show fee for so many years. Moyles is still one of the best in the country. I was just pointing out the factual error.
    Forum Member
    Would you hire Steve Wright for Global Radio ?

I don't work for Global and never have but if I did work for them i'm not sure if I would hire him.

It would ly depend on how much time has passed since he left Radio 2. Despite his huge audience now I don't think masses of people would switch to commercial radio from Radio 2.

He could attract a big sponsorship deal though so he could be a good investment.
  • Tony RichardsTony Richards Posts: 5,744
    Forum Member
    You're absolutely right!

He's a complete idiot on air. No mic of his own, just shouts so anyone else's picks him up. Seriously is this really what radio in the UK has become? Pathetic...
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did actually like it when he used to do TFI Friday. He does tend to shout on the radio, probably the way he just is. He probably don't need too do much now, as made is,millions.