Who should have been fired? Series 3

BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
Forum Member
✭✭
Since we don't have one of these threads for Series 3 yet, I may as well start us off...

Week 1: Gerri. Close call between her and Andy, who was admittedly a pretty poor leader, but I think it was a bigger sin that Gerri showed no initiative in moving on from the terrible location that she'd chosen for two hours, even if she couldn't get in touch with Andy.

Week 2: Regardless of anything else, Rory absolutely deserved to be fired for his blatantly incompetent leadership and failing to take any responsibility for the loss. I'm divided as to whether Ifti deserved to be fired just because he was missing his son and couldn't focus, but from what I remember at the time he actually told the production team he probably wasn't going to be able to continue, so it's probably academic really.

Week 3: Gerri. Had it just been based on this task I would have actually said Naomi, who was probably the worst project manager of the series outside of Rory and Paul, but Gerri had fouled up really badly on two different tasks, and just seemed to have no real passion or enthusiasm.

Week 4: Natalie and Sophie. Natalie was probably the most directly at fault for the loss due to her labelling cock-up, and her lying about it in the boardroom in my mind was enough reason for her to be fired. On top of that, I think Sophie had realized that the show wasn't really the place for her, as shown when she figuratively and then literally gave away their sweets for nothing (the latter of which she probably deserved firing for alone).

Week 5: Natalie. Had Katie been brought back I would have actually said she should have been fired, as she didn't really seem to make a serious effort in the task and just seemed to want to hang around with the artsy crowd. Of the three in the boardroom however, there was really nowhere to direct the blame but Natalie.

Week 6: Paul. I mean, this whole task was just a trainwreck from start to finish as far as his team was concerned. Even Katie, the one who I've seen a lot of people say should have been fired with Paul, seemed to be trying to make the best of a bad situation and called out Paul for trying to deny he had lost money on the only sausage sale he seemed to manage.

Week 7: Adam. Sad to say it, as I think he was a decent candidate and was unfairly picked on by the others, but he was ultimately the person who made the fatal mistake to go back to the boardroom with nine items rather than just showing up late with all ten.

Week 8: Ghazal. Really didn't seem to know what she was doing on the task, and she made an incredibly weak move by bringing Katie back in an effort to gang up on Naomi in the final boardroom.

Week 9: Tre, for the simple reason that he didn't bring back Simon, who was probably the most at fault for the loss. While Jadine didn't do much in the task, I still think she had shown enough potential that Sugar should have given her one more shot in the competition (though with the following task being the presenting one, I sort of dread to think what would have happened if he did).

Week 10: Simon and Naomi. Naomi had just been an all-around mediocre performer throughout the season, did a terrible job of explaining the decoupage pads to Simon, and would doubtless have been torn to shreds in the interviews anyway. Simon, in addition to the trampoline farce, also showed he didn't know the difference between taking a risk and taking a stupid risk when he chose the wheelchair.

Week 11: Bearing in mind that Katie left of her own accord, Lohit and Tre. As much as I liked Lohit, Sugar never really seemed very keen on him, and it probably wouldn't have worked out in the longer run had he been hired. Tre buried himself with a really awful performance in the interviews, and I agreed with Sugar that he needed more maturity and humility.

Week 12: Kristina should have won. Granted, Simon actually did well in the final task, but I think Kristina did at least as well as he did, and based on their overall track records, Kristina was clearly the stronger candidate overall.

Comments

• george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Task 1: Andy. I feel that he was a poor PM (although I felt a bit sorry for him, because I think he would have done better if he hadn't been moved to lead the girls). Overall, I felt that he had a chance to prove himself and he just flopped. I think it's very close between him and Sophie though, because as a scientist not realising that milk froths was a very stupid mistake to make. People are quite often fired when they mess up on something that they're supposed to know a lot about, Sophie was lucky there.

Task 2: Ifti and Rory. I don't think that this needs much discussion. Rory was an absolutely dreadful PM, and Ifti probably would have quit if he hadn't been fired.

Task 3: Naomi. Whilst I think that Gerri really needed to prove herself (I would have made her PM next week) I think she was made a scapegoat a bit by being given the job she'd messed up so badly on before. Naomi was a really bad PM - in other years she'd have been the worst in the series, but she just happened to be in the same series as Rory and Paul, so I'd say third worst PM in Series 3. She lost control of the plans, she let personal issues with Jadine interfere with the tasks, she let Kristina completely take over control of the team and she set Gerri up to go if they lost. I quite liked her on other tasks, but this being an early task and her being as bad as that, I would definitely have fired her.

Task 4: Natalie. I would have given Sophie another chance, as I don't think that there is anything wrong with being ethical when it comes to business. I feel that what she said was taken out of context - I didn't see her problem as being marking something up to make a profit, it was with selling something so expensive that she actually didn't agree with. We all find it hard to sell things that we personally don't like, and I think that she thought that the E-numbers and things in those sweets were really bad and trying to pressure people into buying them for kids was wrong - and I actually agree with that. I would have fired Natalie, because I thought she was awful on this task. She was really unpleasant to Adam, she lied in the boardroom about having already sorted the labels out on the sweets when Adam called her (in fact, she was in the car) and she didn't seem to understand the importance of labelling things honestly. If someone can be that dodgy, I would not trust them in a company I was running.

Task 5: Natalie. She was better as Project Manager than she had been in the last task so she got a bit of a redemption, but I don't think that either Adam or Lohit deserved to go.

Task 6: Paul. Does this even need justification?

Task 7: Adam and Ghazal. Adam because even though he was unfairly picked upon, I feel that he had reached the end of the road, and wasn't able to go much further on talent alone. Ghazal because she hadn't done very well on any of the tasks. Even her PM win was criticised.

Task 8: Ghazal, for letting Katie take over, setting Naomi up and not having had a shining moment all series.

Task 9: Jadine. If it was on task performance alone, I would probably say Tre, but I felt that Jadine didn't want to be there anymore. She actually looked quite relieved when she was told she was fired.

Task 10: Simon. Whilst I admire his risks with the wheelchair, I think that that was always going to backfire, as very few people would buy a wheelchair like that spontaneously (someone did, oddly, but very much in a minority - compare his decisions to Saira's in Series 1, and there is no contest). Naomi hadn't been spectacular, but besides her PM loss she had been consistently decent, and I think it would have been fair to give her a chance to impress the interviewers, though I doubt she'd have made the final.

Task 11: With regards to who should have been fired (not taking into account that Katie left), Tre, Katie and Simon - not necessarily in that order. I think that Tre and Simon were not so strong as the other three. In terms of task performance, Katie was the strongest in my opinion, but she had qualities to her that were not needed, and it was not clear why she wanted the job in the first place (in fact, I doubt she did). I would have liked a Kristina v Lohit final.

Task 12: Kristina should have won, because she had generally been the stronger of the two throughout.
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Week 1: Andy. Nice guy but he never kept a handle on them.

Week 2: Rory, Rory and Rory. Greatest boardroom ever though. Tre was a ledge. (Ifti was pushed before he jumped, so I don't really count his as a "firing").

Week 3: There was good cause to fire all 3. But I think Naomi was probably the worst offender.

Week 4: Natalie. The labelling fiasco was her fault and then she tried to blame it all on Adam. Unforgivable.

Week 5: Natalie, not bringing back Katie was the final nail in her coffin.

Week 6: Paul. The most obvious firing after Rory. Even bringing back Katie couldn't have saved him.

Week 7: Ghazal. She wasn't much of anything on any task, but Katie was in full stride taking down Adam.

Week 8: Ghazal. Useless on nearly every level. Naomi wasn't much better though, she had experience and seemed content not to come up with ideas and help her team out.

Week 9: Simon should definitely been in the boardroom and should've gone. But out of the 3 that were there, Jadine unfortunately had to go.

Week 10: Simon, yes his trampoline is one of the best moments in TV history, but he screwed over his team with the wheelchair and was awful at giving instructions to Tre and Naomi when they were on air.

Week 11: Sad to see Tre go, but he was all mouth no pants and made a twonk of himself in the interviews. I felt Tre was better than Lohit, and Lohit was better than Simon.

Final: Kristina should've won. her only real competition was Katie, and after Katie left...
    Forum Member
    Week 8: Ghazal. Useless on nearly every level. Naomi wasn't much better though, she had experience and seemed content not to come up with ideas and help her team out.

To Naomi's credit, she did point out the issue with the word 'Sole' on the poster, which Ghazal ignored. If she'd listened, I doubt they'd have got the win but they wouldn't have been criticised quite as much as they were.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    From watching it the first time:

1 - Andy, Gerri, Sophie
    She showed little interest in responding to Andy's calls or trying that hard at any aspect of the task. Plus I felt Andy was a bit ganged up on right from the start, being chosen by the boys as PM before he was moved to the girls.

2 - Rory, Ifti, Tre
    Ifti gave up and Rory was a shambles and acted like he was following a handbook on how to look like a successful PM without actually concentrating on the task.

3 - Naomi, Gerri, Jadine
    Naomi was overwhelmed by this task but Gerri still demonstrated a lack of interest even in the boardroom.

4 - Adam, Natalie, Sophie
    She felt awkward and was a fish out of water throughout most of the task.

5 - Natalie, Adam, Lohit
    Had proven that her skills were fairly limited.

6 - Paul, Adam, Kristina
    Made a mess of pretty much everything.

7 - Adam, Ghazal, Katie
    Adam finally let a task get the better of him, but Ghazal looked like she was on auto-pilot on this task so shouldn't have survived either. Although they were totally left to sink or swim by Katie and Kristina.

8 - Ghazal, Katie, Naomi
    Followed the wrong advice and relied too much on Katie while not listening to the rest of her team.

9 - Tre, Jadine, Lohit
    Jadine was my fave but she was allowing the process to bring her down and she went missing during a part of it.

10 - Simon, Naomi, Tre
    Naomi had been a fairly flat candidate up until now and she left Simon with that complicated and fiddly decoupage thing.

11 - Katie, Kristina, Lohit, Simon, Tre
    Lohit was the least inspiring candidate, far too meek. Tre was too head-strong. Katie was always playing games and they finally caught up with her.

Hired - Kristina or Simon
    Simon had shown great enthusiasm and was willing to take risks, plus he had taken the initiative to do his research of the company he'd be working for. There was also a feeling that he really needed and wanted this chance alot more.
    Kristina was slightly too set in her ways and lacked the same sort of passion.
  • Matt_HarbinsonMatt_Harbinson Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    1. Sophie - she made decision to excessively over order on milk and snack bars despite manager telling her not to.

2.Ifti and Rory - agreed

3.Naomi- didn't lead the team in any way, one of the worst performances I've seen on Apprentice, the kissing thing should have been out ruled

4. Natalie - the "natural" orange lolly and just arguing for the sake of it.

5.Natalie - agreed

6.Paul -agreed

7.Ghazal- she didn't contribute to task and didn't source product that would have won. Adam was unfairly brought back to boardroom in last two tasks in my opinion where Katie should have been.

8. Ghazal and Katie - Katie forced through the poor advertising idea and had performed badly on majority of tasks as well as being evil and manipulative.

9. Jadine- agreed

10.Simon and Naomi - Simon for poor product selection, poor presenting

11.Katie, Lohit, Tre - agreed

12. Kristina as winner - I think she was stronger than Simon.
  • TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ALL of you picked Jadine in Week 9???!!!

That was one of the worst firings to date in my opinion! Then again, I know a lot of people liked Tre though I couldn't stand him (And thought he benfitted from ridiculously good editing so...) and I know that Jadine was an acquired taste, so maybe I'm wrong on this occasion...

Mine:

Week 1

Who was fired? Andy
    Who should have been fired? Andy
    Why? All three were clearly at the weaker end of this year’s scale and all three had legitimate reasons to go. However, whilst Gerri totally bombed on location and made unhelpful passive-aggressive comments to Andy and whilst Sophie, a scientist, made GCSE level mistakes in regards to the over-purchasing of stock, Andy did not lead well and he didn’t have a handle on the team. He should have overseen the purchasing of stock and should have pulled Gerri and Naomi back after half an hour when he hadn’t heard from them and therefore he should have been fired.

Week 2

Who was fired? Ifti and Rory
    Who should have been fired? Rory
    Why? So, so many reasons – he forced through a terrible idea that he (a product design expert) had put together, he ignored his team and the decent idea thought up by Simon, he deliberately sent the sub-team on a wild goose chase just so he could get them out of the way, he couldn’t even mildly manage Tre and “I AM YOUR BOSS”. Oh, and the ties and jackets thing. Ifti, certainly, should have contributed more in a task orientated around his area of expertise and had a terrible boardroom strategy, but if he felt he could continue on, he should have received another chance – otherwise, he should have quit.

Week 3

Who was fired? Gerri
    Who should have been fired? Naomi
    Why? Because her leadership was terrible. She couldn’t even mildly organise six women that spent most of the day aimlessly wandering around empty schools and parks with no structure. She was a very indecisive PM, highlighted by her interview suggesting that there was no way she would go with the Kiss-o-gram idea, before completely folding the moment she met up with Kristina. And then she transparently tried to lump all of the task failures on Jadine, including location, when Jadine was on the face-painting sub-team. Jadine was mildly disruptive (but it was overplayed by Naomi) and Gerri did suck once again at location, but Naomi was hopeless.

Week 4

Who was fired? Sophie
    Who should have been fired? Natalie
    Why? Whilst I agree that there was no chance of Sophie ever winning this thing, on this occasion, her firing seems rather unfair given that she seemed to work very hard in the factory for a long time, staying up all night. In addition, though Adam tried to claim that the £8 difference could have been made up with extra effort, in reality, not selling enough early on in the day was probably the reason for the task defeat and that lies at Natalie’s feet for making the Natural Orange Lolly gaffe. Couple this with the fact that she lied about it in the boardroom when it was on camera and she deserved to go.

Week 5

Who was fired? Natalie
    Who should have been fired? Natalie
    Why? Even if Katie had been in the boardroom, I would have firmly said Natalie because her decisions were mostly terrible. Firstly, she sidelined Adam in the task when he spoke the most sense. The awful way she told him to call clients so he wouldn’t help with the gallery was despicable. In addition, her handling of Elizabeth Hoff was horrendous and to be honest, Stealth got a blessing in disguise by being rejected by Elizabeth. Natalie and Katie tried too hard to be in the art world and forgot that this task was all about making a profit, exemplified by the fact that right up until the end of the task, she didn’t change her strategy. Bringing Adam into the boardroom just sealed it for me.

Week 6

Who was fired? Paul
    Who should have been fired? Paul
    Why? You watched the episode, didn’t you? He spent half the budget on Makro cheese, thought it was a good idea to use a bloody Baked Bean Can to heat up the sausages as opposed to a disposable BBQ, which you get for less than a fiver! Not only this, but he left the sub-team to drown with no French speakers, oversaw Adam’s expenditure on the sign which was overplayed and he brought and targeted Adam and Kristina in the boardroom when they probably had done the most to try and win the task. The witch hunt against Adam was ridiculous, particularly with Katie inflating the damage of the sign. The most blatant firing for a long, long time.

Week 7

Who was fired? Adam
    Who should have been fired? With regret, Adam
    Why? I loathe saying it after that boardroom, but with four successive boardroom appearances on top of two PM defeats and a poor performance on task, Adam deserved to go. With Katie and Kristina single-handedly almost winning the task for Stealth neither should have gone. Not only did Adam fail to locate the Nigella Seeds until it was too late, he didn’t have the balls to go and get them and, in addition, his negotiations were horrendous and he lied in the boardroom. Katie was a raging bitch in the boardroom and Ghazal wasn’t great, but it was Adam’s time to go.

Week 8

Who was fired? Ghazal
    Who should have been fired? Ghazal
    Why? Because she was all style and no substance and failed on the task. That being said, I think Kristina was lucky she wasn’t in the boardroom as she deliberately undermined Ghazal and Katie throughout the second day once it was evident that they weren’t going with their idea. As Nick pointed out, Image is Everything is quite frankly no better and Kristina got caught up in playing Katie’s political game. However, Ghazal ultimately failed on the task, following Sir Alan’s warning and had shown the least out of the three women in the boardroom, so she deserved to go.

Week 9

Who was fired? Jadine
    Who should have been fired? Tre
    Why? Tre’s task performance was utterly terrible and better PM’s have been fired for better performances this series. He chose the incorrect products right from the off, didn’t ask the representative key packaging questions, refused to brief Jadine on the product, split the sub-teams so he could be with his mate, failed to manage effectively, sold the least on the team, tried to lump every task failure on Jadine and let Simon off the hook because they were mates, when Simon definitely should have been there as joint worst salesman and coming up with a bogus list of numbers. That’s eight mistakes right there when some people have been fired for just one. Jadine’s breakdown was also severely overplayed since Eclipse actually got more appointments than Stealth on Day One, so it didn’t contribute to the loss of the task. Simply put, why should she have been fired? At the time, it was the second worse decision behind Miriam’s firing since the show’s incarnation, in my opinion.

Week 10

Who was fired? Naomi
    Who should have been fired? Simon
    Why? I should start by saying that isn’t the massive tragedy that the nation made it out to be. Naomi consistently dodged the PM role and I highly doubt that she would have made it past interviews since she hasn’t proven she can lead at any stage in the process. Overall, Simon has been far more impressive. However, if we are basing this on the task, then Simon should have gone. Whilst his choices sold more than Tre and Naomi’s choices, it is clear that he did get lucky and his reasoning for picking them wasn’t based on business acumen. Simon should have been fired, not for his on-air antics (though they didn’t help) but for his utterly atrocious production where he barely helped his teammates. He put himself up for the PM role but didn’t lead and he should have gone for that reason.

Week 11

Who was fired? Lohit, Tre and Katie resigned
    Who should have been fired? Lohit, Tre and Katie
    Why? Based on competence, the finalists should have been Kristina and Katie, who are clearly the best two left. Based on interview performance, the two finalists are, in my opinion, the right ones. Firstly, Lohit didn't really fit in with Sir Alan or his companies. He is a terrific guy, but the interviews confirmed that he wasn't for Sir Alan, in spite of being, in my view, in the top three left. Tre performed the worst in the interviews and, due to the fact that he has had some lucky escapes in the past, fully deserved his firing. Katie wasn’t bad in the interviews, but she should have been fired for the way she has treated people in the past and she should not have been allowed to leave on her own terms. Kristina is clearly the best remaining and Simon performed well in the interviews, as well as knowing Sir Alan’s companies inside out so, on that basis, they deserve their final places.

Week 12

Who was hired? Simon
    Who should have been hired? Kristina
    Why? Kristina was the superior finalist, in simple terms. Considering the final task has little bearing on the overall result, Kristina had outperformed Simon at every turn in the competition, with the only weeks that I felt that Simon was better were in Weeks 1 and 8. On the final task, Kristina was able to pick strategically and actually get the best out of Paul, who she had the most problems with, in the past. Simon’s team was rife with in-fighting and Tre trying to take over and though the result was arguably better, I don’t think he proved he was better than Kristina. Simply put, Kristina was the better candidate overall and I think that Simon’s hiring had more to do with what Sir Alan has in mind for the job.

Not a vintage series for Losing PMs - I'd have fired all but one of them!
    Forum Member
    8. Ghazal and Katie - Katie forced through the poor advertising idea and had performed badly on majority of tasks as well as being evil and manipulative.

I don't think it's fair to say that Katie performed badly on the majority of tasks. On Tasks 1-4 she was very consistent, especially on her PM stint on Task 2. In Task 5 she didn't sell anything. In Task 6 she sucked up to Paul, but I didn't think her actual skills were necessarily all bad. In Task 7 she was a strong negotiator, and as you said in Task 8 she forced through poor ideas. So out of eight tasks, it's only really Tasks 5, 8 and arguably 6 you can say she did badly on there. (This is all entirely separate from her personality.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of you saying Ghazal deserved to go in Week 7 - I actually quite liked Ghazal overall in general, but whilst she burned out by her firing, I don't think she should have gone in Week 7. She at least found out what Nigella Seeds were and found a lead for them - I actually think she advocated going to get them so in general, I think she would have been unlucky to get fired on that one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's fair to say that Katie performed badly on the majority of tasks. On Tasks 1-4 she was very consistent, especially on her PM stint on Task 2. In Task 5 she didn't sell anything. In Task 6 she sucked up to Paul, but I didn't think her actual skills were necessarily all bad. In Task 7 she was a strong negotiator, and as you said in Task 8 she forced through poor ideas. So out of eight tasks, it's only really Tasks 5, 8 and arguably 6 you can say she did badly on there. (This is all entirely separate from her personality.)

Oh I 100% agree; in fact I don't think she did badly in Week 8 - her idea was poor, but Naomi and Kristina's idea was worse. Music is Everything was actually a concept they could model around the trainer and, even better it fit into the JAM trainer name. Image is Everything was just marketing nonsense - it wasn't an idea that fit in with the brand name - it was just a statement. I agreed with Katie pushing Music is Everything through as it was clearly a better idea.

Task 5 and 6 were by far Katie's worse tasks, but she was did really well everywhere else imo.
    Forum Member
    TXF0429 wrote: »
    A lot of you saying Ghazal deserved to go in Week 7 - I actually quite liked Ghazal overall in general, but whilst she burned out by her firing, I don't think she should have gone in Week 7. She at least found out what Nigella Seeds were and found a lead for them - I actually think she advocated going to get them so in general, I think she would have been unlucky to get fired on that one.

She found out what they were, but I didn't think that was particularly down to her own skill set. Someone whom she was talking to on the phone mentioned that they were also called kalonji seeds - and she knew what those were, I think probably just because she happened to be of Asian descent. After finding that out, she hung up, completely forgetting to find out where they sold to. I think that her knowing what they were was really a fluke based on her ethnicity and she didn't manage to use that information to actually acquire them, plus I don't feel that she had proven herself on any task up to that point.
    Forum Member
    Oh I 100% agree; in fact I don't think she did badly in Week 8 - her idea was poor, but Naomi and Kristina's idea was worse. Music is Everything was actually a concept they could model around the trainer and, even better it fit into the JAM trainer name. Image is Everything was just marketing nonsense - it wasn't an idea that fit in with the brand name - it was just a statement. I agreed with Katie pushing Music is Everything through as it was clearly a better idea.

Task 5 and 6 were by far Katie's worse tasks, but she was did really well everywhere else imo.

I also don't think she was that bad in Task 5. She didn't sell anything, but she did manage to charm the artist enough for her to choose that team. She was criticised for not asking the right questions, and also because having that artist turned out to be to the team's detriment, but the other team actually wanted her as well. I think that first and foremost, the artist has to be charmed before deciding which artist to go with, because at the end of the day, if they don't like you it doesn't matter whether you asked the right questions or not. That was proven with the Rob and Nicky Carter scenario in Series 1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She found out what they were, but I didn't think that was particularly down to her own skill set. Someone whom she was talking to on the phone mentioned that they were also called kalonji seeds - and she knew what those were, I think probably just because she happened to be of Asian descent. After finding that out, she hung up, completely forgetting to find out where they sold to. I think that her knowing what they were was really a fluke based on her ethnicity and she didn't manage to use that information to actually acquire them, plus I don't feel that she had proven herself on any task up to that point.

I think that's a bit unfair. She had the intelligence to ask the person on the phone what else Nigella Seeds were known as and, though she should have asked who they supplied to, it was a mistake made by Adam as well. Adam is pretty much sod all, all task and was completely impactless as a PM. I think its more down to the fact that it was edited as a fluke. Ghazal got on the phone, called the right place and asked the right questions to determine what they were; she found it out and I think she deserves credit for that.
    I actually thought she was an excellent PM on the Sweet task, following a week where Naomi and Tre had been utterly pathetic and been terrible PMs the week before. Sir Alan's criticism of the team, coupled with the fact that he told them they shouldn't be proud of the win was really, really harsh imo. Not only that, but she had identified the need to make sure they could cook the sausages in Week 6, as well as apparantly selling well in Week 5. I don't think Adam had proven himself any more than her at that point and I think her performances meant that she deserved another go as PM, at the very least.
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ALL of you picked Jadine in Week 9???!!!

That was one of the worst firings to date in my opinion! Then again, I know a lot of people liked Tre though I couldn't stand him (And thought he benfitted from ridiculously good editing so...) and I know that Jadine was an acquired taste, so maybe I'm wrong on this occasion...!

I think the reason most of us picked her, wasn't because she was the worst that week, but she looked ready to have a breakdown, and it was probably for the best that she leave.

She actually grew on me, week one and two when she became obsessed with having the Eclipse logo on things I thought i was going to hate her, but she became likeable and I genuinely felt sorry for her that she had her meltdown.
  • BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as I personally think that Jadine should have gotten one more chance, I have to admit that her firing was still a preferable outcome to Lohit being fired, which Sugar has always said is what would have happened if Jadine either hadn't been brought back or had somehow persuaded him to let her stay.
    Forum Member
    I think that's a bit unfair. She had the intelligence to ask the person on the phone what else Nigella Seeds were known as and, though she should have asked who they supplied to, it was a mistake made by Adam as well. Adam is pretty much sod all, all task and was completely impactless as a PM. I think its more down to the fact that it was edited as a fluke. Ghazal got on the phone, called the right place and asked the right questions to determine what they were; she found it out and I think she deserves credit for that.
    I actually thought she was an excellent PM on the Sweet task, following a week where Naomi and Tre had been utterly pathetic and been terrible PMs the week before. Sir Alan's criticism of the team, coupled with the fact that he told them they shouldn't be proud of the win was really, really harsh imo. Not only that, but she had identified the need to make sure they could cook the sausages in Week 6, as well as apparantly selling well in Week 5. I don't think Adam had proven himself any more than her at that point and I think her performances meant that she deserved another go as PM, at the very least.

Okay, fair play. Maybe the editing was a bit unfair to her. I actually feel the same way about Natalie in Series 9, I suppose it's the same principle.
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Week 1: Andy. Just didn't really take control.

Week 2: Ifti and Rory, for reasons that don't differ from everyone else's.

Week 3: Gerri, becuase she hadn't proved herself at all. Naomi was lucky though, she did a pretty shoddy job.

Week 4: Sophie. She just didn't really have an entrepreneurial brain.

Week 5: Natalie. Bad leader, and yes, out of her depth.

Week 6: Paul, no discussion here.

Week 7: Adam, he was out of his depth by this stage.

Week 8: Ghazal - there's no way you could let her go, when she betted she would win, and didn't.

Week 9: Lohit. I think no one was at obvious fault, but Jadine and Tre had very much proved themselves throughout the process. I think that Jadine should have stayed - she hae been homesick for a few days, I think she could've gotten over it in a few days, and if she didn't, she could have left of her own accord.

Week 10: Naomi, her performance had been ropey throughout the process, but Simon would have been next to go (see below)

Week 11: Lohit, Simon and Tre. Seeing as in my opinion Sir Alan pushed Katie to resign, I think she'd have stayed if I was in Sir Alan's chair. Lohit and Simon hadn't sufficiently proved themselves in my opinion, and although Tre was a decent performer, I wouldn't employ someone like him. I would however have let Katie through knowing she wouldn't be the winner.

Week 12: I'd have hired Kristina. Consistent, and a good all-rounder. Someone you could rely on.
    Forum Member
    I don't know about Katie.. she was definitely rubbish in art and France task though. Lord Sugar dodged a bullet by not hiring her though as she is the most unpleasant, bordering on evil TV personality I know. You should have seen her on the Benefits debate.. she just bullied people, spoke absolute drivel and moaned. Can't stand the sight of her.
    Forum Member
    I don't know about Katie.. she was definitely rubbish in art and France task though. Lord Sugar dodged a bullet by not hiring her though as she is the most unpleasant, bordering on evil TV personality I know. You should have seen her on the Benefits debate.. she just bullied people, spoke absolute drivel and moaned. Can't stand the sight of her.

I agree she's a bully, but I don't think it's fair to slate her on task performance. I agree with you on the France task, but on the art task she was only weak at the selling of it, and that was just because she was abiding by the guidelines Natalie had set out. She was the one who got them the artist in the first place - the questions Adam was asking about price etc were important, but ultimately that's all irrelevant if you can't charm the artist enough to make them want to go with you. I know that that backfired because she was the worst artist to choose, but that's not the point. The other team actually wanted that artist as well, and regardless of her own potential, there is no doubt that Eclipse did a better job of getting her on side, and I think that that was predominantly down to Katie.

I have no disputes about your assessment of her, but all personalities aside, I think that she was arguably the strongest task performer out of all of the candidates in that series - some people would argue that Kristina was and that's a reasonable debate, but Katie would definitely come second, if you're looking at it really objectively and taking personal likes and dislikes out of it.
    Forum Member
    I think that's fair enough and to her credit, she was professional and worked well with people despite hating most of them but in terms of business awareness, I don't think there was any. One of the interviewers said she was just a game player that put on a false charm when needed and I think that was right.
    Forum Member
    I think that's fair enough and to her credit, she was professional and worked well with people despite hating most of them but in terms of business awareness, I don't think there was any. One of the interviewers said she was just a game player that put on a false charm when needed and I think that was right.

Well, she was a game player who put on a false charm, but I don't think that equates to no business awareness. We saw from the task performance that she was creative, a good saleswoman (apart from on Task 5) and a good manager of people. I think that in another world, she could have been a very successful businesswoman, but for reasons of her own she has made the decision to concentrate more on making herself known publicly as a controversial speaker and commentator, and as a result she is now virtually unemployable.

I think she's very intelligent actually. That does not mean that I like her - I do not. I think that she is an unpleasant person, probably has some kind of personality disorder and your guess is as good as mine as to why she feels that being nasty to make a name for herself is the way to go. But from her performance on the programme, she is clearly able and capable.