Peugeot 107 Verve - stereo help needed.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,115
Forum Member
Hi all,

My mum bought a brand new Peugeot 107 Verve last Wednesday and since this morning, the stereo doesn't work. There were no problems with it before, CD's worked, radio worked, etc.... but this morning, it won't even switch on.

I'm guessing we'll end up back at the Peugeot garage with it (loose connection maybe?), but I just wondered if there was any way to fix it ourselves?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you could check the fuses, as that will be the first thing the dealer will do

is there anything else not working ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,115
    Forum Member
    Rich243 wrote: »
    you could check the fuses, as that will be the first thing the dealer will do

is there anything else not working ?

I know nothing about cars and neither does my mum... sorry to fit in with the female stereotype! :p

Everything else is working just fine, as far as we know... it's just this damn stereo!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Check the fuse to start with.

If the fuse is fine you will need to remove the radio and check the connections, this can be easy or difficult dependant on any plastic trims that may be around the radio.

You should be able to see 4 little holes at the corners of where the radio unit it (to see these trim may need to be removed) if you can see them get a wire coat hanger and cuttit up so you have two pieces of wire about 8 inches long and bend them so that you can insert each end of the wire into the little holes, once you have them in (you may need to use a little force) the radio unit should just pull out.

Once you have the radio out remove the coat hanger wires. Then check the connections at the back of the radio also there should be a fuse at the back of the radio unit check that as well. Once you have checked everything is in place and connected, try turning it on again. If it doesn't work you may need to take it to a garage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,115
    Forum Member
    Check the fuse to start with.

If the fuse is fine you will need to remove the radio and check the connections, this can be easy or difficult dependant on any plastic trims that may be around the radio.

You should be able to see 4 little holes at the corners of where the radio unit it (to see these trim may need to be removed) if you can see them get a wire coat hanger and cuttit up so you have two pieces of wire about 8 inches long and bend them so that you can insert each end of the wire into the little holes, once you have them in (you may need to use a little force) the radio unit should just pull out.

Once you have the radio out remove the coat hanger wires. Then check the connections at the back of the radio also there should be a fuse at the back of the radio unit check that as well. Once you have checked everything is in place and connected, try turning it on again. If it doesn't work you may need to take it to a garage.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply, but I think I'll leave it to the garage to sort that out... :p This happened a few times with our old 207, I just wasn't expecting it with a brand new car!

Thanks anyway. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie841 wrote: »
    I know nothing about cars and neither does my mum... sorry to fit in with the female stereotype! :p

Everything else is working just fine, as far as we know... it's just this damn stereo!

the vehicle handbook is the first place to start, look up fuses, this will tell you the position of the fuse box and what number the fuse is for the radio

or just leave it for the dealer, and use your Ipod for music