Ravel Morrison - Now It's Time for his Career to Soar!

Comments

• GravitasGravitas Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is amusing you so much?

The United fan who hasn't been able to grasp how talented Rav is.

Do keep up!
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,554
    Forum Member
    Gravitas wrote: »
    The United fan who hasn't been able to grasp how talented Rav is.

Do keep up!

Oh yes, amusing.

Like I say, come back when he's played a full game or two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll believe it when he's played more than half a game in the Championship. Strange how a West Ham team desperate for promotion decided not to play the new Gazza isn't it?

Indeed, it was a bit strange. But Sam will have wanted to introduce him pre-season rather than in the middle of a promotion battle. And the need for quality will be greater in the Premiership. And all this chat about Spanish levels of ball retention can't have done Rav any harm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll believe it when he's played more than half a game in the Championship. Strange how a West Ham team desperate for promotion decided not to play the new Gazza isn't it?

You'll believe it when your Grannie starts calling for his inclusion into Roy's squad.
    Forum Member
    You'll believe it when your Grannie starts calling for his inclusion into Roy's squad.

Oh grow up.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribec wrote: »
    Why is it peculiar? ,,,
    West Ham could have spent the £2 or £3m on someone else who would have had an imediate effect on the championship push.

Because West Ham have signed the unusually gifted Englishman Morrison! Rather than yet another mediocre foreigner.

He should be excited at the prospect!
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'll be 22 and still not kicked more than the occasional ball in anger for whichever club he's playing for. I suspect they'll be one or two more moves between now and then. Still be told 'LOL you don't see how 'Rav' is destined to become a big start :D lol'

Then 23...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not long to wait now kids.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not long to wait now kids.

Blimey are you his agent or something? :confused:
  • KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he is his agent... this morning on Twitter

ravelmorrison23: Finished Swimming Training in 45 working very hard this pre season i need to play this season FOCUSED & Ready

Good luck to him... he's said it before but we all mature at different rates... maybe now is his time.
  • MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    The guy is a waster and has everything to prove.

I'll believe it when I actually see it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kierenj wrote: »

ravelmorrison23: Finished Swimming Training in 45 working very hard this pre season i need to play this season FOCUSED & Ready

Good luck to him... he's said it before but we all mature at different rates... maybe now is his time.

Evidenced by the fact he went for a swim?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If he hasn't the incentive to knuckle down and get on theb right track nobody has.

Let's hope he turns his life around like a born again Christian (but without the need for all those bibble classes).
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,310
    Forum Member
    He did that with United though, put the effort in to prove everything was behind him and then went back to his old ways. I've said it before I hope for his sake and football's sake he turns it around, but till I see it I ain't going to belive it.
    Forum Member

Yes, unequivocal evidence right there.

We do all mature at different rates. But most of us haven't got a criminal record as long as our arm.
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too think its was only a year ago that United fans were telling us how great Morrison & Pogba were going to be.
    Looks like clubs beleived those words and actually spent excessive money and wages on them.
    Oh well..........
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Jokanovic wrote: »
    Too think its was only a year ago that United fans were telling us how great Morrison & Pogba were going to be.
    Looks like clubs beleived those words and actually spent excessive money and wages on them.
    Oh well..........

I think Pogba still has a decent shout at being a good player, albeit only as much as someone with his current level of experience has.

He only left us for Juventus by behaving in exactly the same way as he did to join us in the first place so we have no complaints on that score.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey are you his agent or something? :confused:

No. Of course not. I'm not even one of those hand-wringing
    Guardian reading "liberals" who annoy fine decent Daily Mail readers by spouting crud about troubled yoofs, innit.
    Making out it's not their fault, bless em. (That reminds me where are the ball-bags when yer need em? Presumably they don't follow football or have conveniently changed their tune in this case).

No. Being an England fan I hate to see such an unusually gifted player turn up and then four years later his career still has not got going - when he should have been amongst the England seniors. Similarly, I'd hate to see the Chelsea future England star schoolboy Ruben Loftus-Cheek have his career ruined - in his case the danger would only appear to be because of injuries and that is hopefully only a small concern.

But as I've already pointed out: nobody seems to have Rav on their radar now but all it takes is a couple of games, a couple of goals and Alan Hanson and his dog will be clamouring for his inclusion.

Only weeks away now.
  • KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BomoLad wrote: »
    Evidenced by the fact he went for a swim?

I think you've waded (gettit) in a bit quick here... I was making the point that on his twitter all he ever did was talk about how gangster he was... this thread pops up and people ask if he ever tweets about extra training or fitness work...

2 days later he does tweet about it...

Just coincidence is all I was getting at... everyone calm down and stop making it so easy for Gravitas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you've waded (gettit) in a bit quick here... I was making the point that on his twitter all he ever did was talk about how gangster he was... this thread pops up and people ask if he ever tweets about extra training or fitness work...

2 days later he does tweet about it...

Just coincidence is all I was getting at... everyone calm down and stop making it so easy for Gravitas.

What's that, pal?
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    I think Pogba still has a decent shout at being a good player, albeit only as much as someone with his current level of experience has.

He only left us for Juventus by behaving in exactly the same way as he did to join us in the first place so we have no complaints on that score.

Very true, lets face it all the big clubs do that with young players.

20k a week, if true, though is madness but you kinda cant blame the kid for going for it. He could get a career threatening injury next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    United fans have a tendency to speak of every half decent youth prospect as if they're the reincarnation of George Best.
  • BobbyNoMatesBobbyNoMates Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am very surprised a thread speculating on the future success of an as-yet unproven player with a terrible attitude has reached three pages.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am very surprised a thread speculating on the future success of an as-yet unproven player with a terrible attitude has reached three pages.

Even if we ignore his shocking attitude, the way people just assume that promise at youth/reserve level automatically equates to first team success is ludicrous anyway, by itself. Most players can't make the step up. At least, not to the level that United would be looking for. It's not to say he can't or won't but the assumption is ridiculous.

Football is full of top youth talent who shone brighter than the sun at youth level but for one reason or another, struggled to adapt and make the step up.
  • BobbyNoMatesBobbyNoMates Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BomoLad wrote: »
    Even if we ignore his shocking attitude, the way people just assume that promise at youth/reserve level automatically equates to first team success is ludicrous anyway, by itself. Most players can't make the step up. At least, not to the level that United would be looking for. It's not to say he can't or won't but the assumption is ridiculous.

Football is full of top youth talent who shone brighter than the sun at youth level but for one reason or another, struggled to adapt and make the step up.

Totally agree with you. This bloke was promising at youth level, but that means nothing a few years later on the big stage. It's a purely "let's wait and see" situation, with a rather high likelihood that he won't be the saviour of English football.