All you can eat restaurants, couple of 40 stone fellas

phantom sneezephantom sneeze Posts: 1,064
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Myself and a couple of friends are going out in Nottingham for All you can eat chinese tomorrow and was wondering what our reception would be being large built and having a huge appetite? Would they turn us away, btw I'm the smallest in the group, I'm only 20 stone.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe they would be allowed to turn you away, I imagine that would be classed as discrimination.
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I figure they couldn't turn you away.
  • modeyinkmodeyink Posts: 2,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No they can't turn you away.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Technically if it's all you can eat it shouldn't matter.

However in reality i think they would be offended if people ate obscene amounts.
  • Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this thread a bit of a wind up? Nobody would get turned away from any restaurant for being a big eater lol:)
  • JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Myself and a couple of friends are going out in Nottingham for All you can eat chinese tomorrow and was wondering what our reception would be being large built and having a huge appetite? Would they turn us away, btw I'm the smallest in the group, I'm only 20 stone.

40 stone :eek: Do you really think they should be going to an all you can eat? It sounds like they have ate enough already.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they might object if you pulled your chair up to the buffet!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who is 40 stone would be unable to leave their home let alone visit a restaurant!
  • phantom sneezephantom sneeze Posts: 1,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora 9 wrote: »
    Anyone who is 40 stone would be unable to leave their home let alone visit a restaurant!

Don't think so.....
  • Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a woman in Jimmy Chungs (all you can eat Chinese buffet in Edinburgh) eat about 300 king prawns once. Someone commented as they passed her table "FFS!! A HERON couldn't eat that many!!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think so.....

This a picture of a 40 stone man from a bbc website, the man unfortunately died but you can see how big he is.

[URL=]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40989000/jpg/_40989506_chrisleppard_nov05_203.jpg[/URL]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do have friend who is 22 stone he usually has 2 currys when he visits our local curry place. He has been told to lose some weight because has very high blood pressure but he just loves his food so can't do it. I am worried about him because he is the same age as my husband and he and his wife are good friends of ours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Back in October, a couple of guys were banned from an all-you-can-eat in Brighton for eating too much.

Restaurants can refuse to serve whoever they want - it's their property after all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Croshtique wrote: »
    Back in October, a couple of guys were banned from an all-you-can-eat in Brighton for eating too much.

Restaurants can refuse to serve whoever they want - it's their property after all.

They don't look like they are 40 stone to me.
  • varialectiovarialectio Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Can't believe they would be allowed to turn you away, I imagine that would be classed as discrimination.

Only certain types of discrimination are illegal. Otherwise shops are free to choose not to serve anybody they choose.
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Is this thread a bit of a wind up? Nobody would get turned away from any restaurant for being a big eater lol:)

Yes, it is.
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Croshtique wrote: »

They were turned away because apparently they were upsetting other dinners which their behaviour, not because of the amount of food they ate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think so.....

There was a programme recently on a 42 stone woman who could only leave her apartment with 6 people struggling to help her. There is no way she could stand on her own.

So, i dont think a 40stone man would be able to go there on his own.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I saw a woman in Jimmy Chungs (all you can eat Chinese buffet in Edinburgh) eat about 300 king prawns once. Someone commented as they passed her table "FFS!! A HERON couldn't eat that many!!"

How can someone eat that many prawns in one go?! :eek:
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer sues The Frying Dutchman seafood restaurant as they threw him out when he ate too much (taking whole trays of food etc) :D:o
    Seriously I think you'd be fine as long as youre not as extreme as that :)
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A friend of mine is 30 stone and I can out him easily. I used to go out with a Thai girl who was 6 stone, who could out eat me. Bodyweight has little to do with appetite IMO.
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JJ75 wrote: »
    40 stone :eek: Do you really think they should be going to an all you can eat? It sounds like they have ate enough already.

:D:D
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »
    They were turned away because apparently they were upsetting other dinners which their behaviour, not because of the amount of food they ate.

I remember that story and it did seem that the behaviour thing was an excuse. It seemed the restaurant weren't happy with the vast amounts they were eating.
  • rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People of that size should be in weight watchers not an all you can eat restaurant,
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a private premises therefore they can turn anyone away they see fit.... or in your case unfit