michael le vell

pstewart90pstewart90 Posts: 571
Forum Member
✭✭
Has he actually been aaxed or is this just another break. Will they edit him out again or keep he scenes in

Comments

• Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it strange if its true he's been axed because he used cocaine. Other cast members have used drugs and yet are still in corrie.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think we ever know all the full facts.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/michael-le-vell-written-out-of-coronation-street-indefinitely-after-admitting-to-cocaine-abuse-9168894.html
    Michael Le Vell written out of Coronation Street 'indefinitely' after admitting to cocaine abuse
    Le Vell will re-appear on TV screens from 21 March, as he has completed seven weeks of filming since returning to the show. He will then disappear from the series until further notice.
  • looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    I find it strange if its true he's been axed because he used cocaine. Other cast members have used drugs and yet are still in corrie.
    I think it's more a case of it being one in a line of things, rather than being the cocaine use itself.

The other cast members were quick to say sorry, it'll never happen again, I'll go into rehab, get myself clean etc, (and we have not seen any of them repeat offend, as far as I am aware) whereas unfortunately, in order to defend himself, he has had to reveal a lot about himself all in one go and it's made him appear a bit sleazy ( cheating on his wife whilst she had cancer, one night stands, significant alcohol abuse etc). It's all about perception.

We've seen him admit to having an alcohol problem ( from before the time of the allegations) and state that he would address it, yet he doesn't appear to want to do anything about it. At his age, it's likely his alcohol abuse will affect the way he does his job.

In my mind ( easy to judge, so obviously it's just an opinion) he should have taken a bit longer time off, addressed his alcohol issues and drug issues (if any) and then got stuck back into work. It's all very well people saying that he needed to get back to normality as soon as possible, but sometimes you need to take stock. A lot has happened to him in the last year or so and perhaps a period of counselling etc would have done him the world of good.
  • lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just kill off Kevin. He could get killed by Sally's nagging
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have read a few news stories and it seems that he has been temporarily written out until he overcomes his drug and alcohol issues, although the word ‘axed’ is being misleadingly used.

It was rather stupid of him to announce publicly that he has used cocaine. If he felt the need to take time off to get over his demons, he and the producers could have sorted it out privately.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me thinks this probably will spell the end for Kevin. IMO he's just not needed in the show anymore.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose a relapse for his dad will be the way of writing him out, I suppose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I think the Coronation Street bosses have been amazingly supportive to Michael. I don't think he would have been so lucky in a 'regular' job. I don't think the show has missed his presence at all so I think it would be fair enough to say that's it, no more.

I appreciate his life has been tough over the past year but he was cleared of charges with a job waiting for him yet he still didn't seriously address his issues.

I think the relationship with Sally & Tim is far more entertaining for the viewers and Kevin coming back for the same merry go round of stories would be such a backward step. Let's get a new mechanic on the street for Tyrone to bounce off in the garage and leave Kev to Corrie history.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,562
    Forum Member
    For me, the beauty of Corrie is the longevity of the characters, but Kevin seems to have been away for so long, and his s/l were pretty insignificant anyway, that I could say good bye to him with little regret. And much as I dislike William Roache, I love 'do something' Ken :D So looking forward to his return.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there's a good chance he won't be returning now. It feels like he's been away too long now.
  • mvlocamvloca Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meanaunty wrote: »
    I think the Coronation Street bosses have been amazingly supportive to Michael. I don't think he would have been so lucky in a 'regular' job. I don't think the show has missed his presence at all so I think it would be fair enough to say that's it, no more.

I appreciate his life has been tough over the past year but he was cleared of charges with a job waiting for him yet he still didn't seriously address his issues.

I think the relationship with Sally & Tim is far more entertaining for the viewers and Kevin coming back for the same merry go round of stories would be such a backward step. Let's get a new mechanic on the street for Tyrone to bounce off in the garage and leave Kev to Corrie history.

Well although distasteful nothing that emerged during the trial (cheating, drinking, one nighters etc) have been illegal or would affect his work. But then again, I'm pretty tolerant, I mean even the coke I didn't bat an eyelid. It's not something I've ever done but it seems quite commonplace, I know a few people who induldge and are perfectly pleasant to be around when under the influence etc. It's the same as any night out except they can stay up will 8am.

There's a big difference between doing some coke (and geez, from what MLV has been through I just don't know how I would cope if it were me) Craig Charles burning rocks...
  • BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The man has gone through being accused of one the most heinous things a person can be accused of.

The bloke has obviously done some silly things to take the pressure off, but if he is now going to use the time get his head back in the right place, good luck to him.

I can't imagine how soul-destroying them allegations can be.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    I can't say that I have any strong feelings either way. I watch the show and I'm not interested in what people do off screen. I'm just a bit worried about the backlog of MOT's that must be mounting up at the garage as Tyrone is never there. He seems to have a part time job interfering in Roy's life and eating bacon barms.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's quite harsh to be honest. If he hadn't been charged with a crime he didn't commit he'd be happily working on the cobbles (albeit with an alcohol problem) . Basically, this false allegation has robbed him of his income, his reputation and now future work.
  • Lordy LordyLordy Lordy Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Benllech wrote: »
    The man has gone through being accused of one the most heinous things a person can be accused of.

The bloke has obviously done some silly things to take the pressure off, but if he is now going to use the time get his head back in the right place, good luck to him.

You are far too kind.>:(:D

He's a total bell end who let fame go to his head and only has himself to blame for all the scrapes he's gotten himself into. >:(
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Benllech wrote: »

Well written. It must have been hideous. I know I can use alcohol as as means of coping with extreme stress sometimes but if you're already using it to excess you must have another avenue to escape and looks like he found it.
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Don't think he has been axed.....he came back but the powers that be have discovered he has the problem and want him sorted before back in Corrie properly (think they will have had to re-jig the storylines to do this.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really see the point in him being allowed back, to be honest. Can Coronation Street not move forward without him? I can see why they'd want Ken Barlow back, I mean he IS Coronation Street in every essence. But Kevin Webster is just another character that plods along with usually horrendous storylines (Kevin and Molly. Wow.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's gonna be more funny watching his return only to leave again within a few days or so. Cum up with a GOOD excuse please, like he's been arrested for sexual abuse, even i would buy a sl like that :D

I'm a bad bad boy & have taken myself off to your bedroom... lol